Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/3: 17,511
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Wow 7 pages worth of messages! What an active team!

I read most of you but too much to reply to at this point. I will start replying as of today.

I’m back “on it” as of last Saturday. I was so disappointed in my weigh in as it just showed I had an 8.2 lb gain for the whole of 2020. I’m so disappointed about this but I know I can come back from it. So I’ve worked out everyday since then. Started the C25K program again and plan on getting back on my virtual Zumba classes.

I’ve tried logging my food and start off ok but then completely lose track and stop logging. I figure it’s ok. One step at a time. I’m getting my workouts in again and next I’ll focus on water habits again then food logging. I have cut back on my intake and started making healthier choices again I’m just not good at logging it all.

Sorry for my late step count. @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps. It’s ok if they don’t count toward the tally.

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577

Its exciting to start the New Year knowing we can do it and we have the tools, like you, I just have to use them and ....I will!!!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Advice, I have a very sedentary job, hard to get in breaks/lunches really not a normal schedule and can be 16 hour days. I say this because I do not move much which is my big opportunity. My goal is to use the elliptical in the am for 30 min and use weights/stretches while working. Does anyone have any good leg strengthening exercise recommendations while sitting? My desk does not go up. that being said, I can stand for short periods of time if I am just watching or speaking.....so will take all ideas.

Have you checked out the under the desk mini elliptical
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is there anybody else who is wanting to be added to the step challenge? Please let me know :)
    Sorry for the late notice. I would like to join! I will commit to 7000 steps for January.

01/01 - 3504
    01/02 - 5526
    01/03 - 3589

Not impressive at all, ugh. I will work on this.

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    January Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,000 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

I am determined that 2021 is my year to shine. You all are inspiring me to move more, make better choices and never give up.

Thank you for sharing your stories.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    Is there anybody else who is wanting to be added to the step challenge? Please let me know :)
    Sorry for the late notice. I would like to join! I will commit to 7000 steps for January.

01/01 - 3504
    01/02 - 5526
    01/03 - 3589

Not impressive at all, ugh. I will work on this.

So happy you are wanting to come back to the step challenge ... I will add you to the spreadsheet with your daily pledge :)
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone .... My name is Megan and I am one of the Moderator's of Fat2Fit and a Co-Captain with our awesome Captain Linda for our downsizer team... I also do the recruiting for new members of all teams each month :) .....I have been with MFP off and on since 2009.. I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts... I have been back now since December 2018... I am a single mom to 2 kids .My son who is 21 does not live with me ....my daughter who is 15 whom I have homeschooled since she started school (she is now a Sophomore) ...I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life .... I have 2 dogs Dakota my German Shepherd and Aspen my Siberian husky and walking partner (Dakota has bad hips and its hard for him to walk) so he just uses the backyard for his exercise...I also have 2 grandma calico kitties(Mocha 16 and Kylie 16 1/2) and a very talkative parrot named Petey ...Prior to becoming a single mom I was an ER nurse for almost 20 years ... I loved it but I did not want anyone raising my daughter (her father has denied her from day 1 ) his loss ..Looking forward to supporting all of you and watching your journey ...2021 is gonna be our year :)

Now for the step challenge ______

Please let me know if you plan to stay , leave , be excused or want to join the step challenge ....All you do for the step challenge is walk or any kind of exercise and post your steps daily or weekly.. we also give a pledge step (that means we give a number(example mine is 20,000 steps a day ) and I try to make it to that daily ....I have a converter chart so you can do mostly anything and I can convert it into steps if you would like ...for example...Bicycle vigorous 14-15.9 mph would give you 250 x however many minutes= example would be 250x 60 minutes =15,000 steps ..I hope many of you want to be part of it ... it is fun to push yourself further and feel accomplished (at least that is how I feel )

Hi Megan
    Please I would like to drop out of the step challenge. I am not very coordinated

Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hello Everyone .... My name is Megan and I am one of the Moderator's of Fat2Fit and a Co-Captain with our awesome Captain Linda for our downsizer team... I also do the recruiting for new members of all teams each month :) .....I have been with MFP off and on since 2009.. I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts... I have been back now since December 2018... I am a single mom to 2 kids .My son who is 21 does not live with me ....my daughter who is 15 whom I have homeschooled since she started school (she is now a Sophomore) ...I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life .... I have 2 dogs Dakota my German Shepherd and Aspen my Siberian husky and walking partner (Dakota has bad hips and its hard for him to walk) so he just uses the backyard for his exercise...I also have 2 grandma calico kitties(Mocha 16 and Kylie 16 1/2) and a very talkative parrot named Petey ...Prior to becoming a single mom I was an ER nurse for almost 20 years ... I loved it but I did not want anyone raising my daughter (her father has denied her from day 1 ) his loss ..Looking forward to supporting all of you and watching your journey ...2021 is gonna be our year :)

Now for the step challenge ______

Please let me know if you plan to stay , leave , be excused or want to join the step challenge ....All you do for the step challenge is walk or any kind of exercise and post your steps daily or weekly.. we also give a pledge step (that means we give a number(example mine is 20,000 steps a day ) and I try to make it to that daily ....I have a converter chart so you can do mostly anything and I can convert it into steps if you would like ...for example...Bicycle vigorous 14-15.9 mph would give you 250 x however many minutes= example would be 250x 60 minutes =15,000 steps ..I hope many of you want to be part of it ... it is fun to push yourself further and feel accomplished (at least that is how I feel )

Hi Megan
    Please I would like to drop out of the step challenge. I am not very coordinated

Thanks

Sorry to see you not participate ...but I understand .... Maybe down the road you will want to again :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have a concussion and feel really nauseated when I move. Please pause me on the step challenge and I will let you know when I feel well enough to resume. Thanks, Deb
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have a concussion and feel really nauseated when I move. Please pause me on the step challenge and I will let you know when I feel well enough to resume. Thanks, Deb

Okay I will excuse you until further notice ...I hope it gets better soon for you ...Hugs
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Take care of yourself Deb!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    1/3: 8,901 steps

I initially went to work this morning but we were surprisingly slow and properly staffed so they allowed me to leave early. It worked out great because I had a massive headache which I am trying to solve. I have been getting them the last 3 days and I think it is because a) caffeine withdrawal (lowering soda intake), b) lowering carbs, or c) my blood sugar getting too low because of fasting. I came home and lounged around trying to get rid of it and I did feel a little bit better after eating my yummy lunch (pictured below)! h4ubnkfzzl8x.jpg

I did a quick Fitbit guided workout and then decided to go for a walk/jog even though I really didn't want to. I am so glad that I did. I had the opportunity to think about a lot of things. A lot of those things being why I keep getting off track. I listen to all these motivational and self-improvement podcasts and things and I know what I am supposed to do but I struggle with doing those things. So I set some serious (but small) goals for myself as well as rewards and have them written down on my wall.

Goals:
    1. Wake up on the first alarm
    2. No more social media scrolling
    3. Do something to get my heart pumping
    4. Work out after work on hospital days (I found that my job offers a 24-hour gym and as long as you use it 3x per week minimum, they don't charge you for it. (Healthy team goal incentive)
    5. 7,000 steps per day
    6. Increase water intake

Rewards:
    1. Self-care day once weekly (bubble bath, nail day, hair day, etc.)
    2. When 20 pounds down (from today's weight) Victoria's Secret Shopping spree
    3. When 50 pounds down (from today's weight) Tattoo
    4. When goal met (Destination vacation, probably Gatlinburg!)

I am so pumped up and I think when I see those rewards it will keep me motivated. I may also take a pic and post it as my phone screen saver so that I see it constantly. Let's see how this goes!

That food looks super yum! What is it?

Great goals and rewards!!! I need to think about what I do for myself when I get to certain targets. Probably a new tattoo as well.... and I would love to go to the guy who did all my others, but he is a 7 hour plane ride away so..... that's a commitment haha

I love your ideas, thanks for posting them, they have given me some good ideas!!
    [/quote]

Hey if you have a good artist, gotta support them lol. Maybe make that the reward for your end goal! And that is "spinach pizza" on whole wheat pita bread with garlic basil alfredo, spinach, and egg. :yum:
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin for 1/4

Steps 7749

As I sit here and think about my weight issues and how I feel in the different seasons, there is something about winter that just doesn't help with my mood or my enthusiasm to get up and move.

I guess it could be the lack of sunny days, the cold, I'm like a bear and just want to hibernate.

I find that I am much more energetic and seem to be more on target during the spring and summer, which is odd because those are my least favorite seasons. I'm personally an autumn girl and love autumn.

Has anyone else ever realized or recognize a certain time of the year you are able to focus better on your health/weight goals then other times?
This discussion has been closed.