January Goals
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,000 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Delightful Downsizers :) .....I hope everyone is good on this fine Wednesday .... I start Physical Therapy this morning for my hips (if they don't cancel like they did on Monday) ...I hope it helps because I am tired of being in pain :|
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    CW 213.2
    PW 217.4
    LTD 31.8!!

Amazing loss!

mszoueb wrote: »
    Evening all,

Day 2 down, have felt quite nauseous and lower energy most of time today as predicted TOM happened but otherwise I'm not too bad. Just thought I'd come on and post a non scale victory for the last 2 days I've managed to drink about 2 litres (7-8 cups) of water and I'm definitely noticing a difference in bathroom trips but also a bit more alertness.

I've got another 3 and a bit weeks of meal plan to go then will properly assess on whether I'll continue or not. As it stands, the food is fairly tasty but I don't think I could continue past the month without adaptation and if I have to adapt too much, I'll need question whether it is worth it all together.

I'm yet to properly exercise with things like HIIT or stationary bike but not feeling quite up to it at the mo, will try in the next few days. If I'm under my calories each day, I should in theory be automatically losing something even if I do light exercise such as yoga I imagine because of BMR?

Got to love those NSV’s. Increased water has so many benefits. Don’t over push yourself with exercise if you are not feeling good. Listen to your body and exercise when you feel better. Consume less calories than outputting and weight loss should follow.

iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 212.0
    CW: 209.8
    LTD: 42.8 pounds (SW 252.6)

This morning, for the first time, I see that I am close to 200. In February or March of 1999, I got pregnant with my first child. A few months prior to that, I had started to lose some weight and briefly got down to 190. I have not been under 200 since 1999. I can't wait:)

Great loss this week. I am looking forward to celebrate your journey to onderland.

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for Jan 3 and 5 and my steps
    Sorry. I think I got confused and checked in twice for Jan. 2 - Ooops.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 ( I did Jan. 2 twice - OOOPS! - these are the correct steps)
    Steps
    Jan. 1 - 13 966
    Jan 2 - 11 017
    Jan 3 - 8225
    Jan 4 - 9585
    Jan. 5 - 7730

Jan. 3 and 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes - walking

Sorry about my double Jan. 2 check in. Obviously I wasn't feeling great and was confused. LOL

I hope you are feeling better. I think you are doing so well with your walks.

Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz water.
    No exercise. :(
    Slept 8 hrs. last night.

Went back to clinic to have more labs run and scheduled a pneumonia vaccination. Headache is feeling better and nausea is gone for the most part. Hoping to start walking again soon.
    It has been an emotional evening. Have been texting back and forth with Kevin's oldest daughter. She had no time to grieve since she had to take care of his estate and the funeral and burial. Now she is finally grieving. I miss him too. We have been sharing memories of him tonight. It has brought up many emotions, but I think it has been cathartic for both of us. For many years his children did not accept me so I have been overwhelmed by the inclusion and acknowledgement of our relationship that they have shared with me.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Let your loved ones know what they mean to you every day.

Deb

I am glad you starting to feel better. Wait until you are better before you start exercising as you don’t want a setback. I am glad you are able to share your memories with Kevin’s kids.

azkunk wrote: »
    10hr shift #2 and this old girl is not used to being on my feet for that long. I am tired and made some bad decisions because if it. I am hungry and craving sweets. I was over calories today but logged everything and I am owning it. I overslept a little which caused me to not have enough time to pack food. I am off tomorrow so will hit reset and plan the rest of the week better. Next week, I am in the vaccine tent which means an even longer day and sitting all day, so no steps. Need to plan better!

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You are going through a big adjustment work wise and it may take a few days to adapt. It is funny how being tired affects our hunger level and cravings. Rest up tomorrow (today). I can’t imagine how stressful it is to work on the frontlines. Your work is really appreciated.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I realized late last night that I forgot to make my post for yesterday. It was late so I figured I'd do 2 days today. Guess I should have come here last night, I had 3 pages of posts to read this morning haha.

I've done a dance video for the last 2 days and it feels great to get back into it. My body missed working out for sure.

We have decided we are going to have lunches on hand for when we need them, and have more than one option. Yesterday I made a batch of Texas Chili, today or tomorrow I plan on making Roasted Broccoli Soup and red hamburger sauce. That reminds me, I need to go lay out chicken for honey sesame chicken.

Steps 1/4 9020
    1/5 9209
  • Sripalbhansali
    Sripalbhansali Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    13,054. Steps done for the day. 🤪✌️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    13,054. Steps done for the day. 🤪✌️

Do you have steps for 1/3, 1/4 and 1/5 ?
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 11,280
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/5/21 = 2898 steps, feeling ill, blood work today. Pretty sure I can get back to some exercise.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    littleflutterby

Lots of ideas online, just look up vegan breakfast ideas. I like oats, just got a carrot cake overnight oat recipe that I will try. Nut butters and fruit on rice cakes, coconut yogurt with fruit, potatoes with salsa, or cashew cheese sauces, making vegan french toast for my fam this weekend.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Dec 4th

Tried to copy you above, sorry.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 ,
    Congratulations on getting the keys to your new home. It must be very exciting to start the move. Please take care of yourself and do what you can to move without over tiring yourself.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/5: 18,471
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Steps: 6,699 ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ❌

Finally, we have the keys to the new apartment. I brought a few things over but I ended up totally exhausted. I guess that is to be expected. I am going to rest for awhile and then get back to work on the move.

I can’t believe all the green on my report today. I am proud of myself. I went from sleeping constantly to not being able to sleep at all so I was so happy to get a good nights sleep. I will work on the snacks next week when we move.

Great day all around! Congrats on your keys! Take it easy though, you are still recovering. Hope you feel better and stronger every day. :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    1/06
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz. water.
    No exercise. :(
    Slept 8 hours last night.

Had a lot of salty food today so expect the number on the scale to go up for a few days. Recalculated my MFP calories last night and it cut me back to 1200 again. :'( Then it said you will lose 0.9 lbs a week. Wish they wouldn't say that. It sets people up for unrealistic expectations then they freak out if the scale doesn't show x.x rate of loss.
    Discovered how to use the weight loss ticker yesterday. It never really hit me how much weight I had lost until I saw the ticker image with the pounds left to lose. I rarely look back , choosing to look ahead. I weighed this much in high school when everyone called me fat. It stirred up a lot of insecurities and buried emotions. Amazing how hurtful those memories still are. Just something else to work through. Its more important to maintain healthy habits than to give headspace to those negative feelings.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :187.2
    PW: 187
    SW: 187.2

Steps tracked 7,556

Not a great weigh in but not unexpected from the sugar I had last week. Down close to 2 lbs from the weekend.

Didn’t get to do my workout since my day got away from me. Tracked all day and went slightly over calories.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Dec 4th

* Track everything I eat ✔️
    * Drink 2L water daily (minimum) ✔️
    * Get out of bed by 9am every day ✔️

steps 9180

Dec 5th

* Track everything I eat ✔️
    * Drink 2L water daily (minimum) ✔️
    * Get out of bed by 9am every day ✔️

steps 2510

Hi all, I'm sorry but I won't be able to do any replies from the last couple of days- but I see some wonderful losses for the week!!! Great start to the month!

I had a whirlwind of a day. I got squeezed in with my family doctor and she is referring me to my local hospital (Humber is only about 5 min away from me) and then we will take it from there. I'll have an appointment with a surgeon.

I'm kinda relieved that they found something- because there is nothing worse than being told there is nothing wrong when there clearly is.

But I feel really bloated and gross, and have done the last 2 days. I'm going to rethink my diet- because fatty foods are not recommended and 2 of my main foods are eggs and cheese, both reasonably high in fat (even if it's good fat)

Sooooooo if anyone has any breakfast suggestions that don't contain eggs, or cheese, or nuts...or sugar because I don't eat refined sugar as part of my abstinence, I would appreciate it.

Right now I'm thinking fruit and yoghurt..... Or a protein shake and some fruit.

I'm nervous about potential surgery.... moreso my time off work. I can't work like this right now I'm a mess. I'm going to have to connect with my new manager and see what can be done and see if I can get a note from the doctor at the hospital.

But that's out of today. So I'm going to try and get some rest and tackle tomorrow when it comes!!!

I'm really happy with my loss this week and not at the same time. I'm so used to a 3+lb weight loss a week, so when it's less I get a bit grumpy. BUUUUUUUUT I did eat a bit more than in previous weeks and still not able to exercise. AND I am happy to be under 315lb, that was my mini target. Next is to get under 308 (That'll take me under 22 stone in british measurements) and under 300lb of course. With my health the way it is, if i can get under 308 within the month, I will be happy with that. I don't think getting under 300lb will be doable this month considering everything.... so next month I'll be in the 200's!!!

Right, off to bed!

Stay safe all xx
    sorry you aren’t feeling great but good to have answers. I have grown to enjoy oatmeal for breakfast and pretty quick to make, you can spice it up with toppings. Amazing job on your weight loss!!!

This discussion has been closed.