2022 Move It Monday

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
kfghrvoh9rch.png

It's back and a real favorite around here....our weekly Move It Monday challenge.

Each week, we'll be participating in the Move It Monday campaign by kicking off the week with exercise. What exercise or activity you do is entirely up to you. You'll see our Monday participants enjoy a range of activities. After you've completed your Monday workout, please post here what you did and how it went for you. We can all use a round of encouragement.

Why the focus on Monday? Well, Monday is kind of a mini New Year's Day. It's a fresh start and an anything-is-possible opportunity to get back on track after what is, for many of us, an all too sedentary weekend. Plus, unlike the actual New Year's Day, we get 52 of these potent little gems sprinkled throughout the year! How great is that???

According to the Move It Monday organization, research backs up the clean-slate reputation of Mondays. It's a great catalyst for exercise and other healthy habits:

75omskk1alqg.png

Please join us every Monday for our Move It Monday challenge! And if you want to tap into the full potential of Mondays, sign up for the Move It Monday newsletter! [@themedalist - can you add link to the newsletter please if it’s still going...]

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    January 4: 40 minutes rebounder, 15 minutes indoor walking, 70 minutes raking leaves.

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    1hr49 min hilly hike
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    Jan 4th. 6 mile run and 2 walk breaks from work and riding in the evening. I like to think of it as running the sun up and riding the sun down. Last nights ride the sun down was WELL worth it.

zlv2tha88lza.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    8K steps - walked 1:10 slowly
    Iced hips several times, tyok a Tylenol prior to walk & broke down & took one of my walking sticks to give the hip a break. Tomorrow will take both. Might as well help the hips our as they heal.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 you did an amazing long hilly hike! That must've been a lot of fun. I do hope that your hips are starting to feel better. It is hard to have our bones/joints hurt when we love hiking/ walking kinds of exercises. Hugs 💖

@SummerSkier I liked how you wrote "I like to think of it as running the sun up and riding the sun down." That is very poetic! Beautiful pic!!

January 11: 35 minutes rebounder, 45 minutes mix of very easy indoors walking & gazelle. (I over did the gazelle because I was caught up in watching the "a walk in" on YouTube.

I found a "a walk in [the name of the place]" on YouTube to watch during my walk/exercise Monday morning. I began with a short walk in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland (x2), then followed a train for part of the 'most scenic railway in Switzerland' or something close to that. On Tuesday I found a video filmed during the cable car ride to the 'Schilthorn Thrill Walk' which was super amazing, also in Switzerland.
    One of the walkers on the walk forum wrote about these YouTube videos (she recently watched "a walk in Istanbul" that was an e-borrow from her local library) for those who are walking in some way indoors. So I just started to utilize this idea while I'm using the Gazelle or just walking indoors.

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thank you for sharing these, @texasgardnr !

Sounds awesome!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr Yes, thank you for the walking tour idea. I looked up youtube virtual bike tours and there are some of those as well. I saw one that was in Sedona, AZ for 20 minutes and another was in the Alps for over an hour and I'm sure there are many more.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    January 4: 40 minutes rebounder, 15 minutes indoor walking, 70 minutes raking leaves.
    January 11: 35 minutes rebounder, 45 minutes mix of very easy indoors walking & gazelle.
    January 18: 55 minutes: rebounder, gazelle, indoor walking.
    January 25: 45 minutes: rebounder, indoor walking.

🤠🌺
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying the virtual bike rides and have found some ranging from 20 minutes to an hour. 1/25 I rode along Canyon Road for almost 28 minutes, pretty sure it was in AZ.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    Late to the party 🤣

February 1 60 minute walk, 30 minutes dancing and 29 minutes yoga.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @77tes glad that you are joining the 🏃‍♀️💃 2021 Move it Monday party 🤸‍♀️✨. I missed you here. Great movement combination today!!

@nebslp the bike ride ones are also good! Sometimes I just randomly pick one from what ever pops up, or choose according to the length of video. That's how I ended up climbing around inside the volcono's crater 😲🥾 recently!

February 1: 50 minutes: rebounder, gazelle, ending with indoor walking cool down

🤠🌺
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 Move It Monday = snow shoveling!!!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Just listened to Atomic Habits. One of the suggestions was to keep pushing the goal. My first goal was to ride 6.5 miles within 30 minutes. Next it was 7 miles, 7.5 miles. I don’t know when it happened, but I stopped striving to ride harder, faster or longer.
    Solution- Each week I will evaluate my performance and set a revised goal to increase endurance.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @TheresaM787 That sounds great. I should push myself more with my yoga.

@PKM0515 , that’s a workout I’ve never done, being a Southern California girl.

Feb 8 Move - 45 minute walk and 25 minutes kickboxing. I plan to do some more walking and my daily yoga.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    February 8: 60+ minutes: one errand, indoor walking as needed + extra cleaning.

I didn't do actual dedicated exercise today b/c ankles and feet have been hurting more, but I purposely kept finding things that needed to be done to keep moving, but with more sitting time in between.

@PKM0515 yep, snow shoveling certainly is moving a lot on Monday 😳. It has been many years since that was part of my life but I do remember.

@TheresaM787 setting a revised goal to increase your endurance after weekly evaluations is a fantastic idea 👏!!

@77tes Excellent Monday moving with a spectacular variety of exercises 🤸‍♀️ for today!

🤠🌺
  • 77tes
    Options
    Monday February 15 - lots of walking- 90 minutes 🏃‍♀️ and 15 minutes of yoga 🧘‍♀️
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @77tes and @texasgardnr

Not "Monday," but I'll be doing more of that tomorrow/Friday. The weather has been crazy this February!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    @77tes and @texasgardnr

Not "Monday," but I'll be doing more of that tomorrow/Friday. The weather has been crazy this February!

I think shoveling snow counts as MOVE IT WEEK!!!!!
  • 77tes
    Options
    I took 3 walks - a long, slow walk with my husband and two short, quick walks with my daughters. I also did a 30 minute HIIT workout. Yoga to come after dinner.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @77tes Awesome moving on Monday on both the 15th and the 22nd! A lot of walking 🏃‍♀️ and yoga 🧘‍♀️, and even a HIIT 🤸‍♀️🤣 workout. Well done!!

@PKM0515 snow shoveling ❄⛄ is mega exercise no matter what day of the week, it can count for posting here for sure!

February 15: 45 minutes: gazelle, indoor walking
    February 22: 60 minutes: rebounder, gazelle, indoor walking

🤠🌺