February 18 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am happy to be able to say "HI!" to each of you again. I live in North Texas/USA - and we were delighted to get large amounts of snow(not customary for our region). However, we were less thrilled to deal with 4 degree temps one day... single digits up to 14 one day...and so forth. We were fortunate in that we were able to have power in our home during rolling blackouts for three days that (fingers crossed and prayers lifted) kept pipes from freezing. Many of our neighbors are not so fortunate. In any case - I'm not complaining... I know that we are fortunate. I did not have internet though...so - I've been off of here for however long... So - I'm going to say that I used all of my pass days...and am now back on board with tracking. Now and again I could get a data signal...but not enough to keep on track. We were just focused on the basics.
    So - I'm going to report now...only 1 pm here - that I will be "yes x's 3" today. Exercise is planned...meals too...so I WILL stick to it. ;D

So sorry, my friend, that you are suffering too! I did not realize that you, too, are in Texas like SummerSkier! My heart goes out to you BOTH! We get this kind of weather ALL the time in winter months in Illinois, but Texas, to be like this is just unheard of, it is CRAZY! :'(
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    I am happy to be able to say "HI!" to each of you again. I live in North Texas/USA - and we were delighted to get large amounts of snow(not customary for our region). However, we were less thrilled to deal with 4 degree temps one day... single digits up to 14 one day...and so forth. We were fortunate in that we were able to have power in our home during rolling blackouts for three days that (fingers crossed and prayers lifted) kept pipes from freezing. Many of our neighbors are not so fortunate. In any case - I'm not complaining... I know that we are fortunate. I did not have internet though...so - I've been off of here for however long... So - I'm going to say that I used all of my pass days...and am now back on board with tracking. Now and again I could get a data signal...but not enough to keep on track. We were just focused on the basics.
    So - I'm going to report now...only 1 pm here - that I will be "yes x's 3" today. Exercise is planned...meals too...so I WILL stick to it. ;D

Happy to hear this. I am still stuck in powerless mode in my mind after 3 days. Went to turn the flashlight on instead of the light switch. Went to heat my coffee on the burner instead of oh yeah MICROWAVE.. After almost 9 hrs of continuous power I was brave and bold enough to reset my clocks. LOL. And one of my neighbors 3 doors across never lost power. so strange.[/quote
    The situation that YOU are going through is NOT funny, but I admire YOU and your humor! YOUR post made me laugh out loud! :p
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @Bovaryoo - Still hoping bike+ comes next Tuesday, the 23rd. Set up my Peloton account today. If you follow people, my Peloton name is SpinCrazyBill.

I LOVE your spin name! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Exercise: yep
    Tracking: nope
    Calories: no idea

Pass day: 1

Bwahaha!
    It was a long day at work and a long day at home. Overall it was a positive!

I made an incredible chicken wonton stir fry but measured nothing. It was delish. And I was encouraged to write these stories that are family stories that have been stuck in my head for years.

One is a children’s imagination story and the other is inspired by a story my grandmother told me about the day after Pearl Harbor. I just might write them!

Now all I need are readers...

I will be a reader! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    @alligatorob do you use the smartphone app or the website to log your food? I sometimes have difficulty on the website when I'm trying to log food, but if I do it on the smartphone app I hardly ever have any difficulties (at least with the food diary). So I use the laptop when I'm commenting on the threads (like UAC), but I use the smartphone app when logging my food.
    Yes, I use my computer. I have a smart phone, but a dumb operator, I have never really learned to do apps on the phone. Guess I could give it a try. Thanks for the advise Ms H!

@alligatorob I mix and match my devices for tracking. For general searches for foods, especially new, I use my laptop. I use it also for 98+% of community posting as i can type. I also use the computer for entering recipes that I want converted. For copying past entries or copying current entries forward, again I use the laptop. The best feature of the iPhone for tracking is the remembering of previously tracked food (ie as I am typing it is matching), but I think even that seems to have a timer on it as I will find that no food will come up when I know there should be a match. I'm getting faster and faster with how to force the laptop tracking to do what I want. Hubby ONLY tracks by phone, but then again, I track all his dinners for him via my laptop.

Oh, another related point. I don't know if it is my computer, but your browser can matter. I go through whole stretches when Safari will not properly track and I have to switch to Chrome for me. I'd use Firefox, but that is where I am logged in as my husband to easily track for him when requested.

I, too, prefer Chrome as my browser of choice; others seem to cause me problems!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Date: 2/18
    Exercise: Yes, more organizing and cleaning!
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: None left!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    khnlkojtidqk.png
    Thank you for sharing your tears. We are here for each other.

Thanks for this post, Rick! Things have been callous for me! Having a friend stab you in the back and many others just stomping all over me, lots of crying for the last 2 weeks! I have missed this supportive group so much! :'(
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, look away, please (something something about plausible deniability)...

So who do we have the pleasure of beating up for you, @ginadomaszewicz? 👿

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | 5km worth of walking 'n errands (90) TOTAL: 90 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | *Base + 176
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---
    NOTE: Walking counted as half the calories

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 28%
    Pass Days Used: --

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options

@ginadomaszewicz No beating up of anybody in this neighborhood, please.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MaltedTea This is the no guilty zone!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

Sigh. You're right (I guess 🤷🏾‍♀️ lol) this is probably the more mature way to function both online and offline.

From what I understood of Gina's woes, however, is that she's having some challenges with her offline friendships. Regardless, I hope it gets sorted @ginadomaszewicz
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    khnlkojtidqk.png

Thanks for this post, Rick! Things have been callous for me! Having a friend stab you in the back and many others just stomping all over me, lots of crying for the last 2 weeks! I have missed this supportive group so much! :'(

@ginadomaszewicz I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! How awful! You are such a selfless person too..... I've missed YOU my friend. My mother often said that "hurting people, hurt others". And while it's certainly NO EXCUSE , I hope you can eventually let go and move past the hurt that this caused you.

{{{HUGS}}} my friend. :heart:
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @RangerRickL, look away, please (something something about plausible deniability)...

So who do we have the pleasure of beating up for you, @ginadomaszewicz? 👿

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | 5km worth of walking 'n errands (90) TOTAL: 90 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | *Base + 176
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---
    NOTE: Walking counted as half the calories

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 28%
    Pass Days Used: --

Thanks, I needed that laugh! It is quite a few people, but I do appreciate you having my back! I missed you, my friend! I hope all is well with you!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    khnlkojtidqk.png

@ginadomaszewicz I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! How awful! You are such a selfless person too..... I've missed YOU my friend. My mother often said that "hurting people, hurt others". And while it's certainly NO EXCUSE , I hope you can eventually let go and move past the hurt that this caused you.

{{{HUGS}}} my friend. :heart:

Thank you so much for this, my friend! I wrote down that line that your Mom used to say, pretty wise lady! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz No beating up of anybody in this neighborhood, please.

You should know me by now, Rick! I am a LOVER, not a FIGHTER! <3
    Thanks also for the books! I got them a few days ago!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Sigh. You're right (I guess 🤷🏾‍♀️ lol) this is probably the more mature way to function both online and offline.

From what I understood of Gina's woes, however, is that she's having some challenges with her offline friendships. Regardless, I hope it gets sorted @ginadomaszewicz

Yes! You are correct, and it is offline friendships and some family too! I think it is people unhappy with themselves, just like @ Mrs_Hoffer had mentioned. The way I deal with them is to CUT them off! I got NO time for NEGATIVE people in my life or my journey! :p
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I am glad that you are who you are!!!
    Your friend, Rick
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I am glad that you are who you are!!!
    Your friend, Rick

Thank you, Rick! You truly are the one who inspires me, a pure angel from heaven you are!
    o:)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz Thanks for the compliment. You make me blush!
    Your friend, Rick