6/3
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    No, you ARE!!!!!
    😂😂😂😂😂Seriously, you are.

(And, thank you!)

I second that! ☝

No time to read the posts today 😭 because I am so behind with reporting.

Slept for like 9,5 - 10 hrs, cooked 👩‍🍳, walked 🚶‍♀️, jumped around (HIIT 🔥) and stayed under by just 100 (🐷 me!). Well enough to not use a pass (pass without a pass 😂).
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 My first air flight was to Miami in 1966. We got stuck there for 3 days because the flight to Grand Cayman Island on BWIA was overbooked. We did not fly out for 3 days. During that time, at the age of 16, I fell in love with the Keys, Key Lime Pie and Conch Fritters.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob MFP is very glitchy. The app works okay on my cell phone, but I use my Surface laptop to do everything else. BTW: this is the second time that I wrote this post, the first time, MFP shut down.
    Under Armor owns MFP. They are not investing in this venue.

@RangerRickL UA sold MFP back in December to Francisco Partners. UA lost a lot of money on the deal and I wonder if that's part of the reason that they stopped investing in it.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob and @RangerRickL andp @Mrs_Hoffer I do hope they keep it going, it's important to a lot of people... Anything we can do?
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 My first air flight was to Miami in 1966. We got stuck there for 3 days because the flight to Grand Cayman Island on BWIA was overbooked. We did not fly out for 3 days. During that time, at the age of 16, I fell in love with the Keys, Key Lime Pie and Conch Fritters.

@RangerrickL <3 Somehow I missed this post. Sounds like you discovered the keys way before we did. Our first visit to them was about 2007. The keys are a very different place to be. We went out to dinner this evening and I almost opted for some Key Lime Pie but no one else wanted dessert so I skipped and had actually ordered well enough that I was under my calories for the day (caesar salad, tuna tataki appetizer as entree, and a glass of chardonay). So I guess I've saved a pass day for a different fun night. :)

Conch fritters are delicious as well as the conch chowder despite it not being visually appealing. :P
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer I did not know about the sale. The service failures indicate that the MFP is neglected.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @chinkiri I don't know how to reach the ownership level of the MFP app.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer and @chinkiri I just looked up Francisco Partners. They are a private equity company that buys companies and tries to flip them at a profit. Hopefully, somebody will consider MFP to be an important part of their overall marketing strategy.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer and @chinkiri I just looked up Francisco Partners. They are a private equity company that buys companies and tries to flip them at a profit. Hopefully, somebody will consider MFP to be an important part of their overall marketing strategy.

I wouldn't expect them to fund "doing" anything other than required maintenance. We just have to wait and see.

I can think of several improvements.
    • Linking directly into the USDA food database for nutrient information
    • Being able to customize what articles show up on your home page first (i.e. weight loss, strengthening, recipes, walking, running, etc.) and let you put articles in your news feed so you can find it easily later
    • Having challenges that aren't something sold to advertisers and challenge badges for things like this challenge
    • Providing short motivation sayings daily like what you do @RangerRickL

...and that's just a couple minutes thinking about it. :)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fractaltiger I agree with every word that you wrote!!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    2/16:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes.
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASS: 2/3 (02Feb)(07Feb)

Tonight I ran on the treadmill at 4.5mph for 25 mins and then walked at 3.0 mph for another 38 mins. I also did 33 mins of rebounding earlier in the day.

Way to go! I know you have been trying hard to bring up that treadmill speed and to do it jogging too! Simply AMAZING! <3
  • GigiDoma
    Options

I wouldn't expect them to fund "doing" anything other than required maintenance. We just have to wait and see.

I can think of several improvements.
    • Linking directly into the USDA food database for nutrient information
    • Being able to customize what articles show up on your home page first (i.e. weight loss, strengthening, recipes, walking, running, etc.) and let you put articles in your news feed so you can find it easily later
    • Having challenges that aren't something sold to advertisers and challenge badges for things like this challenge
    • Providing short motivation sayings daily like what you do @RangerRickL

...and that's just a couple minutes thinking about it. :)

I think we got a winner....YOU! YOU should take over and fix it all because YOU sound PERFECT for the job! :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Date: 2/16
    Exercise: Yes, Walked inside the halls and under the condo garage where I stayed for 180 mins ( burned 539 calories ), then walked up and down the 124 stairs, one way, for 30 mins ( burned 300 calories ). The total burned was 839 calories.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass Days: None left
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think we got a winner....YOU! YOU should take over and fix it all because YOU sound PERFECT for the job! :)

@ginadomaszewicz
    That made me laugh! Thank you!