JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    February 08

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 1 h 9 min of walking ( with 4:30 of jogging within ).

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes 1,198 / 1,200.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, 2,500 ml of fluid.

Today I finally reached a new weight ( haven't seen in three years ) = 85.6 kilo/ 188.7 lb. It made me grin through the day. I thought about doing extra effort to lose more weight this month, but after deep thinking I changed my mind, we tend to work harder than we can and that's make us give up sometime. So, I would rather take my time to improve my athletic ability and lose weight, than to work hard one month and stop.

Good night everyone ❤️

@thabit11 that's really exciting news! Great strategy as well, slow and steady wins the race!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    2/8/21

Exercise - Yes, 45 min walk on recently “repaired” treadmill.
    Calories - Yes
    Tracked - Yes

1 pass day remains after a disaster of a weekend 😬. I was 4lbs heavier this morning than I was Saturday morning. I mean it was bad but not THAT bad 😂.

A fun thing that happened today: I got a new ring from the hubby. I haven’t worn my engagement ring in years - I’m not really a diamond girl. We got a diamond because that’s what you’re supposed to do and at 22 (when we got engaged) we were to young to really push back on what people told us we were “supposed to do”. So after years of not wearing the diamond solitaire, today I got this rose quartz ring I’m calling an anniversary band that I will be wearing in its place and I am slightly obsessed with it. It suits me far better than the original ring and I just love it. LOVE 😍 Major props to the hubby (who is morally opposed to diamonds so I am not offending him on the least by not wearing it). I also have a 50# loss ring I ordered as a present to myself coming at some point (will share pics of that when I get it) for the other hand - so soon I will have a new ring for each hand. I’m feeling pretty lucky over here today. Lol.

I hope everyone else had something good happed today too! ❤️

ohe4b3fz9j8f.jpeg

So pretty!! Enjoy gal!! Xox
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    still not able to catch up on posts. The free minute I can take while kids are busy with homeworks 📚 (before they are ready and I need to check 👩‍🏫 what they did or while they dont have any questions🔊 ⁉️📢), will be used for a quick report:
    A few times in the afternoon and evening I thought that I need to use my 2nd pass. 🙀 I just couldnt take time off to exercise and just did a brief walk 🚶‍♀️in the cold. However, I got all my strength together after putting the kids to bed and did my strength 🏋‍♀️routine and then a quick tabata💃 on top, to melt some ingested calories. Not optimal (to exercise late), but good enough to say: no pass.
    No idea why Feb needs to be so hard 😐.
    Hugs to all 🤗 & thanks to @MaltedTea for brightening 🌞 a very cloudy 🌧 day 🤗
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Feb. 8
    Exercise: 45 min. Weight training, 30 min. Stationary bike, 45 min
    Stretching

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes

Pass days: 0
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @mshawski The ring look do beautiful and unique, love it 💝.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    gihumh0dmizy.png
    Yesterday, @pamsja shared that she had 'the smartest Pass day that she could imagine".
    Even though she had a Pass Day, she avoided going off the rails.
    Too often, once we go past our chosen limit, we then throw away all restraint and wind up gorging ourselves.
    A Smart Pass Day is the result of thoughtfulness. The UAC is all about thoughtful intake and output.
    Congratulations to @pamsja

I love the analogy Rick of the de-railed train picture! Congrats to @ pamsja!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/8
    Exercise: Yes, more of the usual deep cleaning!
    Tracked: Yes and needed after the pass day!
    Calories: Yes
    Pass Days: 1 left

I WILL read today's posts on another day, as hubby is yelling to come to bed already! It is 2:45 am! He is RIGHT, and I NEED to sleep, but I do rather enjoy this quiet time to write! <3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 34 mins / 1.95 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I generally go to bed between 4-5am and get up at around 11am since I retired a few months ago. I didn't do it on purpose. It kind of evolved. I have always been a night owl but all the years I worked I got accustomed to earlier hours. Still my prior late nights were usually only until 2am or so in the past. One major benefit is that it has mostly gotten rid of my insomnia problems. And I wake up naturally without an alarm.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    still not able to catch up on posts. The free minute I can take while kids are busy with homeworks 📚 (before they are ready and I need to check 👩‍🏫 what they did or while they dont have any questions🔊 ⁉️📢), will be used for a quick report:
    A few times in the afternoon and evening I thought that I need to use my 2nd pass. 🙀 I just couldnt take time off to exercise and just did a brief walk 🚶‍♀️in the cold. However, I got all my strength together after putting the kids to bed and did my strength 🏋‍♀️routine and then a quick tabata💃 on top, to melt some ingested calories. Not optimal (to exercise late), but good enough to say: no pass.
    No idea why Feb needs to be so hard 😐.
    Hugs to all 🤗 & thanks to @MaltedTea for brightening 🌞 a very cloudy 🌧 day 🤗

I legit exclaimed "Yeah!!" and looked like this 😀 when I saw your post

On top of all that, February may be hard but to me you're really killing it with your routine: exercise, nutrition and parenting. 🤗

• fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes A little more than an hour in the elliptical and got into zone three of my heart rate zones for a good workout. Tuesday is supposed to be an easy workout day.
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

I am currently trying to lose weight and have found that every 10 to 14 days there is this thing where I gain back a pound and it looks like a brick wall. Then a few days later that gain disappears. Looks like I hit those bricks today.

Patience ... Perseverance ... Faith
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, @pamsja shared that she had 'the smartest Pass day that she could imagine".
    Even though she had a Pass Day, she avoided going off the rails.
    Too often, once we go past our chosen limit, we then throw away all restraint and wind up gorging ourselves.
    A Smart Pass Day is the result of thoughtfulness. The UAC is all about thoughtful intake and output.
    Congratulations to @pamsja

Love the topic, and Yes Pamsja's strategized and made the best of her day. Bravo! The habit of giving up completely for a day once a "no" appears, or even a whole UAC round after the third "pass" is a challenge to overcome, but a great life skill to develop.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    02/08:

✔️ EXERCISE: I overdid it on the weekend and have hurt my bad knee, so no jumping or power-walking for me. I did do 20 mins with the small weights that I have, as I need to build up some muscle in my arms and get rid of the granny flab that I have for triceps! :# Asked DH to pick up another 10# weight for me at WalMart while he was there (I only have one) and he said that they were SOLD OUT of ALL their small dumbbells! Hmm, everyone else must be working out at home too! :wink:
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes.
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASS: 2/3 (02Feb) (07Feb)

Thanks @SModa61 for your encouragement and for the Dominos Pizza menu... that's very helpful! Lol. I went back in my diary to see how far off I was and was surprised that it wasn't off by much..... so I'm still over for the 7th. :neutral:

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @thabit11 Congrats on the new weight! That's wonderful 🎈

@mshawski Your ring is gorgeous! Love the style💕

@SModa61 Yikes on the hand, but good pass dodge!🚴‍♀️
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    @summerskier I'm never studied my sleep. It just happens...... If you feel energetic, I'm not sure I would worry about rules.

@thabit11 - congrats on the weight. Feels good to return to those old numbers!

@mshawski - Lovely ring. Congrats!

@Mrs_Hoffer - it is a law that any chain restaurant with more than x number of locations in a given state must provide the nutritional information for their customers. So always good to check. If course that is one of the reasons that Legal Seafood has a variety of restaurants types, so even though in Mass they exceed the number of restaurants that would require full nutritional data, because they are "different" styles, they don't have to provide it. At times, I have also reached out to customer service. One time I contacted Capital Grille and they emailed me all the nutritional info for their menu.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Yes X3

3/3
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    At dinner time last night, I made gnocchi but scalded my hand and dropped my iphone into the recently boiling water when I tripped on the dishwasher door while carrying the pot to drain while calling for information to help get my advanced senior parents their COVID vaccinations. Amazingly, saved the gnocchi, iphone works (was in the hot water at least 5 minutes – Kudos to Apple), parents got their appointments, and I after a long evening trying to treat my hand I feel asleep with mega dose of advil and my wrapped hand in a bucket of cold water. This morning, I think it is going to be ok. Still tender, but I think I won’t lose any skin. Last night, I tried to type on the computer but could not, and for my indoor cycling I did it will my hand raised over my head. The cycling increased blood flow made my hand burn like heck. BUT, no Pass day. I am saving those for something I enjoy!!!

Oh my gosh - this sounds dreadful and painful and scary! And despite that - you still exercised with your hand over your head no less, and saved a pass day. AMAZING.

@mshawski - love the ring - so beautiful and how sweet of your husband!

Yesterday was a yes, yes, yes.

But - 2/3 pass days already.