For 2/1-2/2

1) Log all food daily ✔✔
    2) Keep carbs 45 or under ✔✔
    3) Daily calorie deficit of 500 ✔✔
    4) Exercise 45 min daily ❌✔ only got 35 in on Monday

SW 171.5
    CW 171.5
    GW 167

Gloomy outside, gotta keep my mood from sliding that direction.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/2
    Lean Beast - done, plus 50ish min of Kenpo, wasn't really timing
    Daily Calories - done 1,673 (M)
    100g protein - done 129
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I'm struggling. I think it's a combo of the COLD (it's 16F here as I type and expected lows in the negative numbers this weekend) and I just cannot walk outside when it's this cold. I've been taking extra vit D, but I'm def feeling the effects of my SAD disorder. Ugh. Also, I'm discouraged because in Jan I only lost 3.5 lbs, which I don't understand since I'm working so hard! (I did lose 5.5 inches tho!) I mean, I got 536,000 steps in January and only lost 3.5????? wth?

Anyways, I don't want to lose my mojo -- I've been on such a roll since about October, and did so well through the holiday! I'm proud of myself, but am just feeling more than a little discouraged.

For those of you who have done keto for awhile, can you post and let me know what you have your net carb goal set at? I'm not to maintenance yet, but I'm just curious as to what other people are doing (carbs).

Thanks for letting me vent. :wink:

February Goals:
    Feb 2:
    ❌ 1. 15k steps weekdays/25k steps weekends/days off
    ❌ 2. Under my carb goal for the day.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I must admit that I'm struggling. I think it's a combo of the COLD (it's 16F here as I type and expected lows in the negative numbers this weekend) and I just cannot walk outside when it's this cold. I've been taking extra vit D, but I'm def feeling the effects of my SAD disorder. Ugh. Also, I'm discouraged because in Jan I only lost 3.5 lbs, which I don't understand since I'm working so hard! (I did lose 5.5 inches tho!) I mean, I got 536,000 steps in January and only lost 3.5????? wth?

Anyways, I don't want to lose my mojo -- I've been on such a roll since about October, and did so well through the holiday! I'm proud of myself, but am just feeling more than a little discouraged.

For those of you who have done keto for awhile, can you post and let me know what you have your net carb goal set at? I'm not to maintenance yet, but I'm just curious as to what other people are doing (carbs).

February Goals:
    Feb 2:

Pay no attention to the scale! The inches are what matter! Please don’t let it discourage you. 3.5 lbs is a solid loss for a month anyway!

I set my carbs for 35 or less, but I am regularly in ketosis at 50 and even higher when I’m very active. The types of carbs make a difference for me—10 grams of carbs in veggies make me react differently than 10 grams in a slice of whole grain bread. Frankly, I eat all the non starchy veg I want and let the carbs fall where they may. I usually don’t eat 35 grams of veg carbs though :).

Those carbs I don’t use on veggies I generally allocate to wine....
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I'm struggling. I think it's a combo of the COLD (it's 16F here as I type and expected lows in the negative numbers this weekend) and I just cannot walk outside when it's this cold. I've been taking extra vit D, but I'm def feeling the effects of my SAD disorder.

I have issues with SAD too. I live in New England, so it gets cold, but not as low as where you are. Something that has helped me a lot is keeping the heat set lower, dressing a hit more warmly, and making sure all the curtains are drawn letting in as much sunlight ad possible. It's definitely a balance between the heating bill and sunlight, but I will pay a bit more for oil (when we can) in order to feel better in the winter months.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,538 Member
    Options

February Goals:
    Feb 2:

Mine are set at 5% 20g....As for walking have you tried Leslie Sansone Walking Dvd's ....I have a few of hers I love her newish one called walk to the hits (party songs that include HIIT ) this one is 3 miles ....Sorry you are dealing with such freezing weather ....Congrats on losing 3.5 lbs and losing 5.5 inches that is incredible :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I must admit that I'm struggling. I think it's a combo of the COLD (it's 16F here as I type and expected lows in the negative numbers this weekend) and I just cannot walk outside when it's this cold. I've been taking extra vit D, but I'm def feeling the effects of my SAD disorder.

I have issues with SAD too. I live in New England, so it gets cold, but not as low as where you are. Something that has helped me a lot is keeping the heat set lower, dressing a hit more warmly, and making sure all the curtains are drawn letting in as much sunlight ad possible. It's definitely a balance between the heating bill and sunlight, but I will pay a bit more for oil (when we can) in order to feel better in the winter months.

SAD sucks. I live in northeastern TN (the tip) so not as northerly as some, but the way the mountains cup our home, we do not get much during the day of full sunlight. Plus, 30F with a breeze is just too cold for me to walk out in y'know. Being unable to feel your toes 3/4 of the workout is not fun either. Being rural, we have no sidewalk, so the ground is sometimes wet and has 5 inch of snow on it right now. NOPE.

I keep forgetting to take the vit D. Part of me can be such a child sometimes. :unamused:

So for the first 2 days I did pretty well. The NagBit is old and is such a turd. It is supposed to tell me 10 min before the hour if I haven't moved enough in that period, but it sometimes decides randomly to keep mum. Despite it's perfidy, I did interrupt my sitting significantly more. Eating was on-plan.

A problem though: when I try to lose weight, my body punishes me by waking in the middle of the night starving and refusing to go back to sleep for a couple of hours. No, 4am is NOT the appropriate time to go hunt! This time is proving to not be an exception. I have a bedtime snack so tummy is not growly when I'm trying to go to sleep. But I can't stay asleep well to begin with, and then it's so much worse. Yes, I take both magnesium AND melatonin. When making my body lose weight, it says "I hate you! You shan't sleep!"

Well, anyway, Onward! It's Wednesday. I think? Or is it Blursday? Everyday is Blursday since the Plague.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options

February Goals:
    Feb 2:

Mine are set at 5% 20g....As for walking have you tried Leslie Sansone Walking Dvd's ....I have a few of hers I love her newish one called walk to the hits (party songs that include HIIT ) this one is 3 miles ....Sorry you are dealing with such freezing weather ....Congrats on losing 3.5 lbs and losing 5.5 inches that is incredible :)

Say whut now? *fanatically Googling*
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2/2
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (exceeded at 78 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (27 net)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ✅ (1,259)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (51.5 oz)
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (none yet)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,538 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

February Goals:
    Feb 2:

Say whut now? *fanatically Googling*

I enjoy this one a lot ... the music is good so I don't need to mute her :p I got it off of Amazon
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options

February Goals:
    Feb 2:

Pay no attention to the scale! The inches are what matter! Please don’t let it discourage you. 3.5 lbs is a solid loss for a month anyway!

I set my carbs for 35 or less, but I am regularly in ketosis at 50 and even higher when I’m very active. The types of carbs make a difference for me—10 grams of carbs in veggies make me react differently than 10 grams in a slice of whole grain bread. Frankly, I eat all the non starchy veg I want and let the carbs fall where they may. I usually don’t eat 35 grams of veg carbs though :).

Those carbs I don’t use on veggies I generally allocate to wine....

@Ringbearer2 - thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I really needed that.

@MaraOfNaamah thanks for your suggestion about the heat in the house! We keep our heat at 69(F), but with my many hot flashes.... I'm usually taking off sweatshirts! Lol.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Results for 2/3

1- Log everything ☑️
    2- Stick to my meal plan ☑️
    3- 8,500 steps each day ☑️
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ☑️

Today I even got myself out of the house to play in the snow with my middle little (4.5), while my youngest (2) was napping and my oldest (12) kept an eye on him. It's always such a production to get the kids ready to play in the snow; but we had fun and got some fresh air and activity!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    February Goals:
    Feb 3:
    ✔️ 1. 15k steps weekdays/25k steps weekends/days off
    ✔️ 2. Under my carb goal for the day.

Had a much better day today. 60 mins on the treadmill at 3.5mph.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @baconslave ”Blursday”. Heh.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I love Leslie. Hers are the only videos I’ve ever been able to consistently do.

Yesterday was fine for carbs but I accidentally ended way, way down on calories. Today I feel like yuck. Won’t be doing that again.
    Activity was fine with over 17,000 Steps
    Punted on the housework, sadly

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/3
    Lean Beast - cardio done, forgot to cram in abs, might fit that in today on a morning break since it's only 10 min
    Daily Calories - done 1,223
    100g protein - done 114

yesterday I went to bed at 8:30, which is way early for me, but this morning, bright an early, surprise, lucifer's waterfall...fun times (said no one ever)...I did the costco/food lion run which also included ups for an amazon return, and kohl's for some dress returns, so starving by the time I got home and no after work workout...bummer...today after work is taking the birthday gift to the granddaughter and I desperately need to hit up Lowes for some lightbulbs because half the house is on "mood lighting" we have some many darned bulbs out...

I didn't take my D yesterday, and I feel it today, so blah...wonder if I can take extra, guess I'll look into that...and I'm still on the DIM, licorice, and Bs to try to offset the hormonal crap that was keeping me awake last month...I might just stay on those until the weather gets nice enough to go outside more...mid-March???

As for keto carb levels, I'm doing more low-carb now (70-100g) but when I was full keto I kept it under 50g, but that also included lifting and exercise, though with a sedentary job. I was doing keto primarily for migraine control, so weight loss wasn't a goal all the time, though I have to say for me the carb level didn't matter for weight loss or gain or maintenance, just the overall calories. I never had the keto lack of appetite, so keto didn't help with losing weight...it was a nice little miracle for my migraines, which is cool!