• MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    February 13th and 14th

1- Log everything ✔️ ❌
    2- Stick to my meal plan ❌ ❌
    3- 8,500 steps each day ✔️ ❌
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ✔️ ✔️

I definitely relaxed this weekend and enjoyed some wine and carbs. I refuse to call it a "cheat" as I am changing my lifestyle and my life sometimes includes delicious meals and alcohol with too many carbs and calories. Tomorrow is a new day though. One where I am committed to moving forward with my goals in a healthy direction!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    2/12-14

Weekend as a whole was pretty good—calories and carbs in check. We went on 2 very long hikes in the snow, which was accompanied by a generous amount of (sugar free) Glühwein, but kept under target. I earned more than 1,000 exercise calories yesterday! Didn’t know what to do with them all 😀
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    February 13th and 14th

1- Log everything ✔️ ❌
    2- Stick to my meal plan ❌ ❌
    3- 8,500 steps each day ✔️ ❌
    4- Meditate before bed to help relieve stress/sleep better ✔️ ✔️

I definitely relaxed this weekend and enjoyed some wine and carbs. I refuse to call it a "cheat" as I am changing my lifestyle and my life sometimes includes delicious meals and alcohol with too many carbs and calories. Tomorrow is a new day though. One where I am committed to moving forward with my goals in a healthy direction!

Great attitude! We have to be adaptable. The “all or nothing” mentality is a goal-killer for sure.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    For 2/13-2/14

1) Log all food daily - ✔✔
    2) Keep carbs 45 or under - ✔❌
    3) Daily calorie deficit of 500 - ❌✔
    4) Exercise 45 min daily - ❌✔

SW 171.5
    CW 173 wrong direction
    GW 167

Had a very productive meal prep day Sat and gym day Sun. I know the scale is not a great indicator of progress so trying to ignore it. Will take measurements again at end of the month to compare with end of December.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    2/14
    Calories😝 were over by about 160 for the day. I got crazy and ate cereal for breakfast and a big salad for dinner. This drove my carbs over goal for the day as well. I don’t do that often but will see when I take a jog this afternoon if my knees pay for it or not. Protein was well over 100g for the day. Also clocked about 18k steps but barely made my move goal for the day. The problem getting more fit is needing higher intensity workouts and less food to fuel you. I desperately wanted to snack in the evening and ended up having a small amount of yogurt but didn’t need it. It did satisfy me and now thinking about it, that cereal is likely to blame.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    2/14
    Lean Beast - done legs, plus some stretching
    Daily Calories - 1,257 on target
    100g protein - done 102

Great day, plus spent a good part of the day watching the first season of The Witcher, not only was it a super fun show, but I didn't even snack except one round of air popped popcorn, total win in the not eating like an idiot on a holiday spent sitting in front of the tele!
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tracked breakfast and snacks but didn’t track dinner. My bf and I stayed overnight at a hotel. We ordered a wedge salad, orzo salmon pasta, zucchini cakes and a slice of cheesecake which we shared. I also had one diet cran pineapple juice with vodka.

That sounds absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoyed every bite!!

I did. It was excellent. I ate about 1/4 to 1/3 of it and he ate the rest. We didn’t even finish the slice of cheesecake cuz we fell asleep lol.
  • taylok23
    Options
    2/15
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Good day across the board on being under calories, under on carb goal and over on protein.

I was right about the cereal hurting my knees during my jog yesterday. I just felt winded overall too. I did step on the scale today and lost what I gained from last week plus some. Still tracking a bit behind on my loss of a pound a week but a win, nonetheless!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,527 Member
    Options
    2/15 food was good and we walked 4.68 miles .....2/16 Food on point and will be doing aerobics and walking with Leslie Sansone party hits
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    2/15
    Lean Beast - done back/bis, plus some combat for cardio
    Daily Calories - 1,687 (M) on target
    100g protein - mediocre 87

Super hungry all day, which is to be expected, but kept it to maintenance as planned, and all in all another good day on the road to success.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/16

Carbs. 73❌
    Cals. 1312—ok with exercise✅
    Exercise✅
    Household—I turned on the robo vacuum. Does that count?

You guys, I am giving up wine for Lent. Yikes!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    2/16
    Lean Beast - cardio done, abs didn't get done, can maybe do that today
    Daily Calories - 1,263 on target
    100g protein - done 103

did all the grocery shopping and didn't pick up any snacks or treats, which was lovely, and it wasn't even hard which was even better
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    For 2/15-2/16

1) Log all food daily - ✔✔
    2) Keep carbs 45 or under - ✔✔
    3) Daily calorie deficit of 500 - ✔❌
    4) Exercise 45 min daily - ✔❌

SW 171.5
    CW 172 back in the right direction
    GW 167

Breakfast and dinner have been well planned but I'm struggling with lunches. I need to think about that when doing the grocery shopping this weekend.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2/16
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70+ G protein ✅ (exceeded at 83 g)
    3. 50 - 75 net carbs ✅ (32 g)
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❌ (1,165)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (72 oz)
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (0.4 so far)

My body is being stubborn and I feel like I’m making no progress for Feb. I keep going up and down the same few pounds. Frustrating.

SW: 209.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 204.8
  • taylok23
    Options
    2/16
    Carbs and protein both good for the day however calories were just a bit over. I was stuffed at dinner but ate early and just had to have a snack around 8:30. I went with popcorn and had some restraint. So that pushed me over goal. I can make that up throughout the week- no biggie. I’ve started a new exercise program to mix things up a bit so I may retain some water until I get used to things. I’m wrapping my brain around that now before my next weigh in.
  • slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to keep being consistent with my new daily training (moderate cardio on some days, light strength training on others, 2 rest days).
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,527 Member
    Options
    2/17...food is good .... I changed my carb intake from 5% to 10% (hate seeing those red numbers) and I walked 6.15 miles today :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    2/17

Carbs 12✅
    Calories 1116-close enough ✅
    Exercise-20 minute walk plus 16ksteps— not the greatest, but ✅
    Housework ❌

First day of no-wine Lent✅ Maybe I should try for no-whine Lent too.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    What is up with the way MFP is randomly formatting text into columns, anyhow?