Mission Slimpossible - February 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
75c5tr3bdy9d.png

Here is your Team chat room for February 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimpossibles!! <3 This is a bit of a different start to a new month because I don't believe we have anyone new starting with us. So, I'm going to forgo my normal intro post since most of you know me by now! :grin:

I do want to talk quickly about the new 6-week challenge that I'm going to be doing on here with some of the other members. We will be going through the Beck Diet Solution book by Dr. Judith Beck. This book is geared toward cognitive behavior and will help guide us to train our brains to think like a thin person. I'm down with that idea!! :wink:

We are starting Monday and will do the first three days all at once because they are easy and sort of go together. I encourage you to join us and to get the book or even the workbook which is only .99 on Kindle. But if you don't then you can still join us by reading the daily post that will be put up in the morning and doing the task and answering the questions.

Not everything in the book might fit us and our unique health journeys and that is OK! If we get something from these next weeks that makes losing weight and keeping it off a little easier for us then what do we have to lose.

Except for those unwanted pounds of course!! B)

Beck Diet Solution

Beck Workbook

tlb132pf7kpi.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    1uw1l5bkbsdm.png

Fat2Fit's Habit Tracker –February Habit Tracker

Everyone on any F2F team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts Sunday, January 31st. Click the link and follow the easy steps to set up your tracker. :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I hope the clan claw trimming went well.
    We got our cat at 0.8lb and it was super fun for a while and then she started getting stuck on carpets, couches, or drapes. I bought myself a trimmer and fixed it. As she got older it got harder and harder to do more than 2 nails at the time. So my teenager googled it ( millennials) and sure enough there are lots of videos on YouTube about it. So now I’m trimming them as late as possible because she makes this horrific sounds, but she forgives me, at the very next meal time 😁.
    Good luck!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @RYcare Thank you! Yes, I agree about not falling for fast or junk food when you've prepped things ahead of time. It totally helps and is worth the effort!

@TeresaW1020 It is hard to stay consistent. I need to find a way to do it. I did the prep yesterday, it didn't take that long, maybe an hour. I watched Netflix while doing it so the time was pleasant. I chopped all of the veggies and feel prepared for the week. I just have to cut up a pineapple for snacking on. The new chair is beautiful and your model isn't bad either. ;)

@TwistedSassette I will not give up and I hope all of us feel the same! Congrats on a successful January!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you woke up feeling better and didn't have to go to the ER again. Good luck with getting the cats' claws trimmed, I hope it goes well.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday: the weather was really nice so my husband and I went for a long walk. It took about 1 hr to prep the veggies for the week and I did a bunch of dishes after that my husband was supposed to do. We had a fabulous on-plan dinner: pan-fried tilapia and air fryer jicama fries. Delicious. I lost 6.4 lbs in January (counting from 1-31). It really helped me to do the Jan Habit Tracker so I'm going to do it in February as well. I encourage you to try it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

jr64i4ur2iiw.jpg
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    It took me a while, but I found my mantra for this year : Form follows Process!
    I’ve been so stuck in the current form to desired form thinking, I didn’t leave room to the fun, interesting and challenging part of it. I want this, I want to be here, it’s not another job I carved for myself, it’s my new toy. A new puzzle and I’m all the parts.
    I’m ready for February, let the games begin!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the February Week 1 Challenge! Be the groundhog. Look at the shadow...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823211/february-week-1-challenge-the-shadow/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @krea4 I am right there with you in hoping that I can have a portion of sugar without going into a nose-dive and eating it all. I’m writing below about my newest challenge in moderation vs. deprivation. :) You have done great this month and I’m excited to watch your progress this month!

@trooworld I agree that staying consistent is one of the biggest challenges we have. But we are doing better and we deserve credit for that. Beck talks about giving ourselves credit for what we do right. That is something I’m really not that good at and need to work on. Those jicama fries look amazing!! I’ve never had them before. How do you describe the flavor? :)

@GabiV125 “Form Follows Progress” is such a good mantra!! You are going to rock this month! B)

Hi Team! Well, I did it! I went 31 days with no sugar and no alcohol. I’m really very proud of myself for sticking to it and it proves that it can actually be done. :grin: I was going to do no sugar in February but then my super sweet hubby came home from the store with some chocolates to enjoy on my trip next week to Florida. He said I could have three a day and think of him. I ask you all, how could I say no to that? I can’t!! <3 I’m going to use it as an opportunity to see if I can portion the chocolate out and not binge it all at once. I honestly don’t want to go forever without sugar in my life, but I also don’t want it to control me. So, this next week with the travel to Florida, eating out, a wedding, and now this yummy bit of chocolate it will be a real test for me. I’m ready for it…I think! ;)

January Goals: 1/30
    No Sugar Challenge: 31 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 23 hrs.
    Ate on plan: It was Keto today and only had the one meal at dinner.
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did Barre Blend week 7 booty
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

ysfk81n9775i.jpg

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Wow what an incredible effort! You are doing so amazingly. I wish you the very best for the challenges you're facing in the coming weeks and I know you're ready for these tests!

@trooworld I confess I had to google what jicama is. The fries look amazing!

I have been thinking about my goals for February. I am still working on the sleep thing, so definitely having a goal around that as I want to average more than 7 hours a night eventually! I have been doing well with exercise, and my Apple Watch popped up this morning with a challenge to hit 660 mins for February so I will aim for that. I still want to work on meditation as I do like the feeling when my mind is clear - it's just hard finding the time to do it and I think part of that is because I'm not doing it regularly enough so I'm going to increase my goal for that. I have been doing well with consistently tracking what I'm eating so I'm glad that is working for me. But I am still eating too much, going over some days and eating back my exercise calories and I really think this is why the scale has stalled. I looked up what my maintenance calories would be when I'm at goal, and I would like to work towards eating at that level but I'm a way off that yet. So for February, I'd like to aim to keep my daily intake below 1,900 calories (which is basically what my MFP target is, but I won't be allowing extra for exercise calories). I'll be interested to see how much impact this has (you know I'm all about the data!). Last month, I had a goal around social media time. I actually didn't find it that difficult to restrict myself on that, so I'm dropping that as a goal. I still have the time reminder set in the app so if I were to reach an hour in a day, I would be aware of it (i.e. I can't get buried in posts and lose track of time) - I might even reduce the time limit in the app!

So, my goals for February:
    1. Sleep: 193 hours (average 6.9 hours)
    2. Stay below 1,900 calories in
    3. Exercise: 660 minutes
    4. Meditation: 12 sessions (3 per week)

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has planned to tackle this month. I will be following the Beck diet posts with interest, but I couldn't buy the book. A hard copy was over AUD$75 here and for some reason, the workbook alone is not available on Kindle. But I'm interested to see what it's about and participate if I can without the book!

Happy February to you all! :heart:
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    TSLOSE
    Sunday
    BW 191.4
    PW 187.6
    CW 188
  • TeresaW1020
    edited February 2021
    Options
    rxsqyau78j4l.jpg

Good morning and happy February! :) Today, we will begin the six-week Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person program. I’m excited to get started and really interested in how cognitive therapy techniques can be a useful tool in helping us lose weight and keep it off.

The Plan: Each morning I will make a post for that day’s tasks. If you are following along with me then it’s up to you to read your chapter. If you are not reading the book and have no interest in this topic, then just skip over the daily post and our discussion concerning it. But if you are interested then please feel free to participate as much as you wish. I will try to give enough information every day, so you can join in.

Sharing with the team: The point of doing this book together is to learn from each other, so please give us your responses to “Today’s Question” which I will also post with that day’s task.
    Remember: Not everything in this book is going to work for all of us and that is OK. What I plan to do, and encourage you as well, is to work every day’s task to the best of your ability in the hope to learn something new about ourselves so that we can use it toward our health journey.

I’m giving you the first three days because the book said we can do this, and I thought it was a good idea since they all seem to go hand-in-hand. Read each day, do the task, and answer “Today’s Question.”

****************************************************************************************************

Week 1: Get Ready: Lay the Groundwork

DAY 1: Write down every advantage for losing weight.

Make your first Response Card, (use an index card, reminder app on your phone, or whatever will be easy for you to hold and read.)
    List every reason that you want to lose weight. You can add to this list as you think of new reasons. Read your response card (or cards) every day. Even several times a day! NOTE: This is one of the most important steps in the program so that your reasons for losing weight will be firm in your mind when you’re tempted with food you shouldn’t eat.

Today’s Question: What are some of your advantages to losing weight?

*********************************************************************************************************************

Day 2: Pick Two Reasonable Diets and Commit to a Diet Plan

Pick two plans that are healthy. Focus on foods you actually like and will eat, are easily to make and accessible. Choose a primary AND a backup diet.
    Be sure to pick plans that you can live with for the long haul. Quick, get skinny diet plans never work in the long term and usually have bad outcomes that lead to even more weight gain. We don’t want that!!

Today’s Question:
    Which plans will you use?

*********************************************************************************************************************

DAY 3: EAT SITTING DOWN

The book says: "Most of the eating people do while on their feet is impulse eating, not food that they had planned to eat." So true! The nibble here, little bite there. It all adds up!
    You also need to be aware of distracted eating while sitting down in front of the TV, your phone, or the computer screen. These distractions can be just as bad as standing in front of the refrigerator or mindlessly eating while cooking dinner.
    So, decide right now that you will only eat sitting down and with intention and no distractions!

Today’s Question: How much mindless eating do you feel you do? How will you take steps to stop this behavior and become a mindful eater.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday morning check in

Good morning SlimPeeplettes! I am back from a not-on-plan weekend, ready to hit the ground running! Saturday was nice and sunny so I got my walks and steps but was focused on getting us here to the coast and didn't log much, or get enough water - and did go over calories. Same yesterday except it rained torrentially all day and there was no getting out for a walk. I didn't check in wit you guys either day, or do the Habit Tracker (on those days).

I have populated my Habit Tracker and made a few tweaks. One, I'm going for a reasonable range of calories as a goal, which is a strategy I have done before. It allows going over the MFP goal but - I am finding it hard these days to deal with the pass/fail aspect that brings. When my head is in the right place for that approach, it's great. When I am not in that right place, that feels very defeating and I am constantly juggling what to plan, many times to not go over by 10 calories, for example. So, I'm lightening up the approach because it's better to be reasonable with myself and have a smaller chance of defeatism setting in. I've upped my steps goal to a weekly goal of 77,000 steps (11,000 a day, average) so that when bad weather hits - I can even it out and feel like I still accomplished my goal. I routinely do about 13,000 when I get my 2 walks so I feel I can absorb a bad weather day and be ok.

Well, off to start the day, will catch up more this evening! =>
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I’m in for the 6 weeks challenge.I will do my best to stay committed.
    Your recliner is so neat, I love it. And Maggie Mae oh my 😍 soo adorable...

@trooworld glade to know you had a great day yesterday, walking outside and getting the fresh air is nice.

@TwistedSassette and anyone interested in the Beck diet book; check your local public library. I didn’t want to buy either, I found both the book and workbook in our library and will pick them up today.
    I love my Apple Watch challenges, keeps me motivated. The one that popped up for me this morning is to close all 3 rings 25 times this month. Let’s do it girl!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 True! We are doing better. I can't wait to get into Beck. Those jicama fries were delicious, I would describe the flavor and texture as potato-like. If you've had raw jicama, they didn't taste like that at all. They had a neutral flavor but with salt were delicious. I highly recommend them, did I post the recipe yet? You did fabulous in January. I don't think I would be able to resist those chocolates either, with that kind of sentiment attached to them. Hang in there, you can do it!

@TwistedSassette It is not a very common vegetable, I think. Those fries were delicious and I'm definitely making them again! I have the same problem with meditation, I don't make it a priority like I make tracking and exercising. Your goals look reasonable, I wish you luck! That's too bad about the Beck book. I wonder if you could order the workbook for the Kindle on the US site? It's available alone on the US site for very cheap.

@RYcare Thank you, it felt great to get out...I rarely leave the house right now because of COVID.

Hi all. It really helped me to chop up/prep things for meals. Last night, I made chicken enchiladas and I had already cooked the chicken and mixed up the spices so all I had to do was roll the enchiladas and make the sauce to pour over the enchiladas. Easy peasy! I didn't work out last night, I worked out in the morning. I should have worked out at night because I think I mentioned that I am sleeping better when I work out at about 4:30-5:30ish. I didn't sleep well last night and I'm going to pay for it I know.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning Slimpossibles! <3 I’m ready for a new month of meeting goals and facing challenges. As you can see above, I’ve posted the first three days of the Beck Diet Solution that many of us will be doing. Even if you aren’t reading the book, I still think the question of the day is interesting enough to get us thinking and talking. :)

Here are my responses to the first three questions:

Day One: My advantages to losing weight are to…
    1. honor God by taking care of the body He gave me.
    2. be in control of my eating and not my eating in control of me.
    3. have good health with no weight related illnesses that require medications.
    4. feel amazing, with no brain fog and tons of energy.
    5. be able to wear stylish clothes in regular sizes. NO more plus sizes!!
    6. have confidence wherever I go without feeling self-conscious about how I look.
    7. be able to take care of my husband and my mom as they continue to age.
    8. be able to do hard workouts as I build muscle and flexibility.
    9. finally like having my picture taken.
    10. be able to enjoy my life at a normal weight and focus on something other than dieting!

Day Two: Pick Two Reasonable Diets and Commit to a Diet Plan
    My diet plan is to continue doing what has been working best for me for the last few months. I will continue intermittent fasting because it’s the best thing health-wise that I’ve ever done for myself. My eating plan will be to remain Keto and/or Low Carb.

DAY 3: EAT SITTING DOWN

At first, I didn’t think I had an issue with eating while standing up, but in reality, I do! I’ve been known to stand right in front of the fridge and grab a handful of pepperoni slices and dip them in my jalapeno cream cheese and eat right there with the door open! :# I’ve done more than sample a taste of dinner to check for seasoning. And I for sure mindlessly eat while sitting down! I’m especially bad at this when I get a snack while working on a jigsaw puzzle.

So, from now on I will NOT eat standing in front of the fridge or while cooking dinner. And, no more snacking while working my puzzle. If I need a snack (and truth be told, I don’t!) then I will have it at the kitchen table where there will be no distractions.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Question 1. Number one health - get off blood pressure medicine and cholesterol(although hereditary).
    I want to feel better about myself and fit better in my clothes. I want to
    find a healthy path physically and mentally

Question 2. My diet will be to log everything and drink water. I will then take a look at my macros and determine what I need to work on.

Question 3. I am very much a mindless eater and get so fast. Will work on being more mindful of what goes in my body and when. Tend to eat late due to schedules - will work on planning ahead.

@TeresaW1020 - can I change my weigh in day to Monday?
This discussion has been closed.