Mission Slimpossible - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @RYcare thanks for your encouragement about me folding cubes.

At the moment folding cubes aren't stopping me eating sweets/chocolate. But I collect the wrappers and fold the cubes for a week. Then stock check and confront myself, with the quanity that has added up during the week that I hadn't noticed had accumulated so much.

I've worked out, that if I select a chocolate and eat it and then fold a cube, that whilst folding the cube I'm busy thinking 'do I really need to grab another chocolate to eat?' Then I'm obliged to fold another cube. It's helped me stop and consider. Like waiting at a traffic light, ready to go but contenplating waiting patiently, taking time, enjoying the journey than the destination of another whole chocolate comsumed.

If you don't mind, I'd like to suggest you fold a simple easy folding paper heart instead of a cube. Once folded, write what you ate. It's a physical reminder of the wish you had the strength not to consume in the future. Date it. Collect them. I always read the mantra before eating chocolate:

"I'm about to eat chocolate, but I DON'T NEED it. Eating it will cause me to gain weight and HURT MY HEALTH. NOTICE THIS, when grabbing food."

It has helped me stop binge eating chocolate most of the time. But not stopped me eating chocolate completly, yet (as you can see in the photo with chocolate stains). I leave the note near my chocolate stash. Hope it inspires you.

If you do think of an alternative habit to encourage you go snack less, please share. Otherwise, if you're interested, here is a 4min video instructions to make a paper ❤🧡💛💚💙💜 heart.
    https://youtu.be/c8xAFBeJJUA

[quote="RYcare;
    @Apple852hk I like your idea of folding a cube after eating a chocolate, I have to find something similar to do to stop myself from eating sweets in general.
    [/quote]

wincrhkfmoob.jpg
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Feb 2021 Sunday
    PW 140.4lb (63.7kg)
    CW 141.7lbs (64.3kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gaining every week and this Feb2021 gained 5.5kbs (2.5kg) in 14 days.

Week of celebratory food of abundance. Started the week tired eating 12 sittings of chocolate but the cubes I folded didn't reflect the quantity.

Feeling more energised on Friday and no chocolate cravings. I think its hormonal.

Even though I walked for over 1hr 4/7 days this week, my serving sizes are too large.

I did go to bed/nap instead of eating chocolate this week.

GOALS
    1. Fold cube AFTER eating choc.
    Share pictures with slimpossibiles
    2. Go for walk daily for only 30mins
    3. Purposefully cook and serve smaller portions.

zbym28nrd2ft.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday (last week and today...sorry)
    2/7: 195.2
    2/14: 199.5

I'm hoping my scale broken.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 We are having chili tomorrow night! I'm making red lobster biscuits with it. Beer sounds perfect with the chili! I'll have to check out Kay Harms. Thanks for the recommendation! I need to read some in Beck and then I will post tomorrow.

@Katmary71 Did I miss something? Did you and your boyfriend break up? I'm sorry you are not feeling like celebrating. I hope you feel better soon.

@raleighgirl09 Yep, I'm back on my plan today! No, the DQ next door was @TeresaW1020...I had the grocery store next door, which is just as bad trust me LOL! Good luck with the chocolate experiment!

@RYcare When I'm depressed nothing matters. Depression sucks so bad. I hope you can find a way to lessen those times. <3

Happy Valentine's Day to all! I had a nice celebration last night. I'm back on program today.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    This was a tough week for many of us! I know that I plan to dig deeper this next week and turn my gain around. I hope you all will do the same. Let's show the Fat2Fit community how we can rise back to the top!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

kjn7v9i8vm4t.png
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,647 Member
    Options
    Hi Slims, sorry I haven't been around over the weekend. Often happens with me - I do read your posts but I just don't find enough time to respond. We had some bad news in the family this week with two elderly family members passing away just a few days apart. My poor great uncle, lost his wife and then his brother just days later. We will have the funeral for my great aunt on Wednesday, I'm not sure about my great uncle yet. These are not covid-related, both had been battling cancer for some time.

So I had a bit of a down weekend because of all that. Held my family a little closer. Didn't track anything. Didn't do anything. Feeling a lot of tension in my neck & shoulders and I didn't sleep well last night so now I have a splitting headache. I got up earlier this morning and did some yoga for tension in the neck & shoulders. It helped a little at the time, but the headache came back pretty quickly. Struggling through work now and trying to get back on track.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    he1xjth4sr2a.png
    Goals for February:
    Sleep: 93.1/193 hours (average 6.7 hours) - AT RISK
    Days below 1,960 calories: 5/14 - MUST TRY HARDER
    Exercise: 280/660 minutes (average 20 mins) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 4/12 sessions - AT RISK
    Updated to 14/02/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@Cornanda I’m glad that you are doing the book on your own and I hope you are getting something good from it to apply to your weight loss. Your gain was super tiny this week, so don’t beat yourself up. <3

@Katmary71 Glad you checked in with us. Keep hanging in there and be good to yourself. <3

@raleighgirl09 I HATE winter too!! It’s been cold and rainy for days and I’m sick of it. I did see two little yellow daffodils on the side of the highway and felt a spark of joy and hope that spring is coming! :) Thank you for your kind words. I do agree that it’s vital that we "plan to live and not living to plan." I have my plans firmly in place and I know that I will see the finish line…evidentially. ;)

@RYcare Super Bowl food is hard to pass up so only gaining .5 is great! I am sorry that you are struggling with sad days and that it hinders you from overcoming your cravings. That can be so tough! But wow you have a great system for staying organized with meal planning and with two very busy girls it’s a good thing you are so organized. I do the same with only buying the ingredients for what we will eat that week. If there is ever a national disaster where I can’t get to the store, we will really have to kick up the fasting in this house. :D I don’t track for much the same reason. I make a lot of home-cooked meals for three people and figuring out exactly what I ate is near impossible. Sometimes I would guestimate, but I find it better to try to watch portion sizes and stop eating when I’m satisfied. That last part is a work in progress. :)

@apple852hk Just keep trying different approaches and hopefully, you will gain control over your chocolate eating. That red heart tutorial is so cute! <3

@vegain4lyfe2012 I hope the scale is broken too! But if not, you can get back in control and get that number to start going back down. :)

@trooworld Beer is perfect with chili! :grin: I’m not even kidding that I have become obsessed with Kay Harms videos and other make-up artist videos on YouTube. It took me twice as long to put my make-up on this morning because I was working on the new tips I’ve learned. Hubby said I looked the exact same. Men!!! :p

@TwistedSassette I am so very sorry for the losses in your family. I think having a down day to hold your family near is a perfect thing for you to do right now. Take care of yourself! <3

Hello, Team, and happy Valentine’s Day! <3 I woke up this morning to dark chocolate chili and a new silver chain for my diamond cross pendant. My sweetie is so generous with me. After church and lunch, we went to Home Depot and bought a new broom and mop for our house and I got some brooms and cleaning items for my new cleaning job at the church. We were laughing at how most couples probably wouldn’t find it very romantic to hang out in the cleaning aisle on V-Day. But we had fun! :D I made enchiladas for dinner with super tasty carby tortillas. I think I miss tortillas more than anything on my low carb diet. Later we will eat some dark chocolate and drink some red wine while we watch TV.

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day

Day 16-Unplanned Eating—Today’s task was about how to deal with the challenge of unplanned eating. A quote from the book, You have to recognize that you have to make a choice: You can eat what you want when you want, or you can lose weight and keep it off—BUT YOU CAN’T DO BOTH.
    This topic resonates with me because it’s something that I’ve struggled with most of my life. I’m very much a spontaneous person but I’ve learned that it doesn’t work well for me with food. If I purposely decided to keep away from certain foods then I can do it, as I did for the no sugar challenge last month. One of the ways I overcome the spontaneity of just grabbing whatever I want to eat is to have a “planned indulgence.” For instance, today is Valentine’s Day and I already have it planned to indulge in beef enchiladas, dark chocolate, and red wine. Tomorrow I will be telling myself NO to any planned indulgences until my birthday in March. :)

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday (last week and today...sorry)
    2/7: 195.2
    2/14: 199.5

I'm hoping my scale broken.

I’m really feeling you on this sentiment this month!!😅
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday (rain day) check in

Hey gang! It rained a tor*rent (I did the asterisk because MFP make this word *kitten*.....HUH????) all day - 3.5 hours of which I was in the car. Ugh, road trips in the rain make me so nervous but we arrived home and are safe and sound! Got my water for the day but not the steps - between rain and driving, well - tomorrow I am hoping for at least 1 window of opportunity to do laps in the 'hood! Food was good - was really proud of myself for the planning that I followed and avoided any pitfalls. Had to chuckle to myself, though - I managed to get 2 different kinds of whiskey in my diary today. It's all about a balanced diet.

More tomorrow! B)

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    u391710l02je.png
    xzp43o42e2st.png
    yi9ra0o6cmss.png
    2mk63qg3r7lw.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    598advkzh4wr.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    zzueyqt9w02e.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @jennifersusanmcdougall 2.74 %
    2nd @squeakmnm41 2.47%
    3rd @beka3695 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @jennifersusanmcdougall 5.0 Lbs
    2nd @Z10Rtza 4.7 Lbs
    3rd @lelbarou 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rachelrjh
    @mlhopp93
    @Pearl4686
    @annliz23
    @Bluetail6
    @kerdil08
    @Kali225
    @happimess01
    @kandi3570

ab4pto5b2w1d.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations to @mlhopp93 , @Firefly743 and @anido1 for being on the leaderboard! And hooray to everyone on the team for working on health and fitness goals this week!

@raleighgirl09
    I am not going to use the word torrent in a sentence to see if I get flagged too. What an odd word to have on their watch list!
    Also, this made me laugh. You sure lived it up!
    I managed to get 2 different kinds of whiskey in my diary today. It's all about a balanced diet.

@vegan4lyfe2012
    Hugs to you on the number. We'll wait and see what happens next week, umber-wise? In the meantime, keep up all those good things yo know to do!

@TeresaW1020
    So glad you had such a lovely Valentine's Day with your darling husband!
    I think our culture is not always great about talking about happily married people, especially on Valentine's Day. This cartoon really spoke to me and might make you smile, too:
    http://www.lunarbaboon.com/comics/order-1.html

@TwistedSassette
    I am so sorry for your loss. Elderly or not, they will be missed. I hope things settle down and you find a way back to your fitness groove this week. Be kind to yourself in the meantime.

@Apple852hk
    It's so great you are feeling more energized! Is that part of what the chocolate is about dealing with low energy when hormones are doing a thing?
    This is such a huge victory:
    I did go to bed/nap instead of eating chocolate this week.
    I love all your work to find a way to untangle the chocolate habit. Keep at it!
    Oh, your cubes and your "about to eat chocolate" sign are beautiful. Truly.

I don't know if a sign in the kitchen will help you, but I DID put one in my pantry. Mine says "XX days since a velociraptor incident," but I know that velociraptor = my son's raisins. It had me talk about it to people and has me laugh.

@Cornanda
    I am with you about the Beck questions coming fast. I have a response I need to post, but am off to get that in tomorrow as I have let it get late!

I have to run do a thing, so I will finish catching up tomorrow.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Sundays
    PW: 65.20kg 143.7lbs
    CW: 64.95kg 143.2lbs
    LTD: 4.92 kg    10.8 lbs
    Sorry it's late

I haven't really engaged with much (except binging watching TV) for the last 2 weeks. I'm slowly catching up with all the messages and the diet solutions.

Thank you to those who sent messages about my success in January, it's much appreciated.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I'm so very sorry for your losses. One loss is hard enough to deal with, but two must be devastating. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 Yes it is! That's hilarious that your husband didn't notice a difference. Men, right! It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. I was thinking that I was a spontaneous person but when I examine my behaviors and thoughts, I really am not spontaneous in life or eating lol.

@raleighgirl09 That's funny that it changes it to kitten! I hate driving in the rain. I'm glad you made it home safely.

Hello all. I had a relaxing day yesterday. Read a bit, enjoyed a nice kale salad for dinner, took a luxurious bubble bath. I have today off so I am going to cut up the veggies for the meals this week and do some more reading. I need to catch up with Beck today.

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,647 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm wishes and kind words.

I had a better day yesterday. My headache eventually disappeared in the afternoon, which was nice. I walked in place for 30 mins while hubby and I were watching a TV show - luckily he says this doesn't annoy him! He went off to bed early and I used that time to meditate a little and watch some episodes of a show that he doesn't like. It was a nice, relaxed evening and just what I needed.
    I must have also needed a lot of sleep as I went to bed on time, went right off to sleep, and still needed a little more sleep this morning so I reset the alarm and nodded off again instead of getting up to exercise like I'd intended. I felt better when I woke up slightly later (though had to rush to get ready for work which was not that ideal).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    he1xjth4sr2a.png
    Goals for February:
    Sleep: 99.6/193 hours (average 6.6 hours) - AT RISK
    Days below 1,960 calories: 5/14 - MUST TRY HARDER
    Exercise: 335/660 minutes (average 22 mins) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 5/12 sessions - AT RISK
    Updated to 15/02/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@raleighgirl09 We are getting tons of rain right now and a threat of black ice in the morning. The weather guy actually gave a definition of what black ice is and how it’s made. Southerners!! Adding whiskey to your diet is almost as good as me adding wine into mine. :D

@AustinRuadhain I LOVE that cartoon! :grin: I think you are right that not enough attention is paid to those who are happily married and how we manage to stay happy. It sure isn’t magic! :D

@krea4 Sooo what are you binging on the TV? I’m always on the lookout for a new show. :)

@trooworld I need to take a luxurious bubble bath! I have a very large tub that I mostly use to hold clothes on and wash Maggie’s feet when they get muddy. I need to catch up on my Beck reading too. ;)

@TwistedSassette Glad your headache went away and that you had a good day yesterday. :)

Hi Team! It’s a cold, rainy day here in Georgia and we are supposed to be very cold tomorrow, which is annoying because that’s my grocery shopping day. I’ll just have to bundle up a little extra. I did a good workout this morning, worked on this week’s Bible study, and started a new puzzle. I’ve been thinking about Lent that starts on Wednesday and what I want to do. It’s not really a Baptist thing but I like the reflection and denying to self practices that it represents. Anyway, I’m prayerfully putting together some ideas. I do know that I will be giving up sugar and wine, which means that the bottle of white that is in my fridge needs to be opened ASAP! ;)

Beck Diet Solution Question of the Day

Day 17-End Overeating—Today’s task is learning that I don’t need to be a part of the “Clean Plate Club,” and that it’s OK to throw food away. I actually don’t have an issue with throwing food away but because I eat so dang fast, I often don’t have any food to throw away. So, going forward I am going to really work on slowing down, paying close attention to my satiety clues, and leaving at least a bite of food on my plate to throw away.

2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hello my peeps! More about me tomorrow morning (if I can get my act in gear) but this evening, I did it the other way.... Replies now and if something has to wait for tomorrow, it's the daily report (alert to the thing spoiled {trying to fool MFP to not hide my post} - it was a good day) B)

@TwistedSassette .....all those loving words from our SlimsFamily - ditto and me, too. <3

@AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW1020 I agree, so much focus on unhappiness sometimes - but there are actually happy couples out there (here!). It isn't magic, though, it's a thoughtful approach with an occasional meltdown, from where I'm sitting. :D

@TeresaW1020 we were talking about Lent yesterday and what to do. I don't practice Lent and, in short, don't practice anything, but have in the past. Franklin ML grew up Episcopalian so Lent was big. He always gives up something or multiple things for Lent but this year, he's changing it up a little. He gave up alcohol from New Year's day to his birthday on the 11th and now, for Lent, he is **adding** some things that are good habits. He's focused on health and getting through the winter so he's adding stretching and some short exercise each day, like a 15 minute session daily. I'm thinking about what I can add to my day, each day, to make it better and help me be better. So that's Lent in the Ladd household this year. Not traditional. But then, neither are we, so there ya have it. Is it wrong to say we feel this way because we have given up so much in the past 11 months....? I know - I really do know the reasons for Lent and this isn't it but we're just working to get to the other side without losing our minds.

@trooworld I think I like kale salad almost better than any other kind. It just holds up so well to the dressing and being tossed about. Add a few crunchies and I'm in heaven!

@itsmegina and @vegan4lyfe2012 - the combo of your posts kinda made me chuckle (with you, any chuckling is *with* you) and wishing for a broken scale over repeated information I don't like! With so much sodium the last week, I am a little skeered of what the number will be. We're all going to get past this dreadful weather and winter doldrums.....we will, WE WILL!!!! And one day it will begin to warm up and we'll blossom with better mindsets and habits we do better with sticking to!! And eventually we'll complain about the heat but I cannot possibly take myself to the thought of that while I'm this cold! Hang tight, SlimSters - IT WILL GET BETTER.

@Apple852hk - oh my gosh, when I was glancing through at first, I thought - oh - looks like chocolate actually got on the sign and then going back to read more carefully, I see that is the case! I've always admired your straight-up talk with yourself. And absolute *continual* seeking for a better way and better you - I am in celebration of your determination and doggedness!

One last thing - @TeresaW1020 - have you tried/could you have these tortillas, pic below? I don't know your feeling and outlook on net carbs but the fiber in these makes them excellent for so many things, and they are divine grilled either with a filling like a grilled cheese or as the base for a sheetpan type thing. Or plain grilled to fold up and have with soup. 50 calories, 15 grams carbs and 11 grams fiber. I have seen these debated because they contain cellulose but they work for me, taste great grilled and are pretty good for a hummus and veggie wrap.

8xr8t9plmxlu.jpg
  • raleighgirl09
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Oh - I do want to say this so I don't forget. I woke up in the night, left my bed and went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Had the presence of mind to only eat a thin slice of low sodium turkey.

STILL. Why do I do this? I actually had a very clear thought when I awoke and went out but it quickly faded as it turns out, it was related to whatever I was dreaming.

But - this odd thing of sometimes getting up and eating in the night is so very odd. I don't know what to make of it but at least I didn't feel like I was sleep eating, I felt aware and making first - the decision to eat. And second - to eat only a very little and go back to bed.

It's disconcerting, no matter how slight it is.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I'm glad your headache went away and you were able to relax.

@TeresaW1020 Girl, you have a very large tub and you aren't taking advantage of it? I say go take a bubble bath! LOL I hope you enjoyed the white wine. I bought a very nice bottle of red for Valentine's Day and enjoyed it.

@raleighgirl09 I'm glad you had a good day. Yes, that is the good thing about kale: it's so hardy it doesn't wilt in salads! There were plenty of crunchies in my salad, it was delicious!

Hi all. I had a productive day off yesterday. My husband hates having days off with me because I make him do work lol. We cleaned the blinds, I sorted through my clothes and got rid of a bag of stuff, cleaned the car, and did a little cleaning in the kitchen. I made chili for dinner with mini cheddar bay biscuits like Red Lobster. It was so good!

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    User: Jactop
    Weigh Day: Monday
    Current weight: 196.7
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PW 1/23:218.4
    Check in weight (2/2/2021): 219.0