Options

Replies

• shannondisley1
    shannondisley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    CW: 118
    Feb GW: 115
    Hoping to start doing weights when the gyms open again.
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night shift last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
    06/02 - 120 - bit disheartening but I’m putting it down to water weight as I’ve stuck to my calories all week! Learned recently that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities so today was day 1 of cutting them out for a month to see how I feel! I’m excited for this as whilst I have been looking for meal ideas, it looks like I’ll be eating more nutritional whole foods, also means I have to start thinking about ingredients in foods. Also began intermittent fasting today, hoping this makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie goals.
    08/02 - 116 - looking like my feb goal is going to be achievable! Had a pretty rough night last night as one of my patients went into cardiac arrest, had some chocolate and crisps to make me feel better but still managed to keep it in my calories so I’m not too worried. I have also started working out with dumbbells, I enjoyed it so much more then cardio so hoping to do more of this. Also going to make it a goal to walk for an hour at least three times a week
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    @cayenne_007 - Sounds like walking helped a ton....anyway you can keep that habit up now that your back from your trip? Congrats on losing some!

@tracimckinney - have you been successful at having your kid/s join you?
    @Shannondisley1 - Sounds like you had a hard night, but you kept it together and are still focused on your goals! that's awesome to hear!!!!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 lbs yesterday after a super active outdoor day - hours of skating, shoveling snow, snowshoeing etc but I'm not even go to log it in as Im scared the loss won't stick. I like to see a new weight again a couple of times on the scale before accepting its real. Anyone else do that?

@tracimckinney i have a 12yo daughter too and everyday hope to get her moving with me! Its a battle but so great when it works. And then, always back to the plan!

@cayenne_007 - i say walking is the new running (this from a dedicated runner) as it is such a great calorie burner. You don't even notice it happening! The key is to keep it going....and enjoy that beer.

@Antiopelle , love your pic! Enjoy the weather! We are in a deep freeze here...

@SherryRueter, and others- you've all got great inspirational posts!

Thanks ladies for the fun reasons to keep going....
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5' 8"
    CW: 145.8
    GW: ~135ish
    Jan EW:143.6

Feb goal - hit 139

1. Stay off sugar - Feb 14th is allowed as a cheat day.
    2. Stay Keto - broke down and bought a pretty cool cookbook with lots of simple meals. So far my guys love them...they still want dinner rolls and such, but I skip them.

2/1 - 143.0
    2/2 - 143.6 - I stuck to keto yesterday but way overdid it.
    2/3 - 145.8 - cramps, bloating - ARGH! I did well yesterday, I know this is just hormones, but geez..
    2/4 - 145.6 - cheated and had a beer last night with my husband on the porch.... because sometimes you just need to sit on the porch and chat. Stayed under, rode a horse and did a million chores. Still feel bloated today, but I think I'm on the downhill side. Off to a race today, be back Sunday. Great little 'refocus' trip.
    2/8 - 141.8 - Crazy what 3 days of walking a million miles a day can do.. Fabulous 3 day race, starting to figure some things out. We won a little bit, left too much on the table.. I'm starting to feel my core strength really come back and my arms are getting defined again. Managed to avoid junk food.. always a struggle on long drives.
    2/9 - 143.0 - Decent day yesterday. Hubby came home with a craft beer and I thoroughly enjoyed that with dinner... but otherwise was on point. Our barn help quit.. which really really sucks. Especially since it's just me for the next 4 days. We're both stretched too thin timewise. I guess the upside is that I'll be getting more exercise now.

I'm really fighting burnout with work. We're approaching that tipping point where I think I can just work on my side businesses, but not quite there yet. I'm tired..
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    @k8richer I use a Happy Scale app because it keeps a moving average which I feel helps keep me from freaking out so much on fluctuations. I do better if I keep an eye on my average.

Really enjoying all the inspiration on this thread! Keep it up ladies!
  • shannondisley1
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    04/02 - 118
    05/02 - 117 - worked a night shift last night, I usually feel very bloated after a night so happy with the loss !!
    06/02 - 120 - bit disheartening but I’m putting it down to water weight as I’ve stuck to my calories all week! Learned recently that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities so today was day 1 of cutting them out for a month to see how I feel! I’m excited for this as whilst I have been looking for meal ideas, it looks like I’ll be eating more nutritional whole foods, also means I have to start thinking about ingredients in foods. Also began intermittent fasting today, hoping this makes it easier for me to stay within my calorie goals.
    08/02 - 116 - looking like my feb goal is going to be achievable! Had a pretty rough night last night as one of my patients went into cardiac arrest, had some chocolate and crisps to make me feel better but still managed to keep it in my calories so I’m not too worried. I have also started working out with dumbbells, I enjoyed it so much more then cardio so hoping to do more of this. Also going to make it a goal to walk for an hour at least three times a week
    09/02 - 119 - on a bit of a pasta kick at the moment, have eaten it three times in the last two days 😂 @cayenne_007 - just downloaded the app thank you for the suggestion! Looks great
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 25,1
    CW: 73.5
    February GW: 72.0
    GW: 71.0

01/02: 73.5 - I'll expect a very slow loss this month. February is usually very wet and cold and I don't expect to be able to do a lot of cycling. I still have the shoulder injury and in combination with the lock-down, that means a pretty sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
    02/02: 73.8
    05/02: 74.1 - Yesterday we had a 24 hour break from winter with spring in the air. High temps and a little sunshine even. So I took my bike and went for a long ride. Hubby and I also had a walk to check on the fields behind our house, as we expected floodings. And indeed, even the pathway was completely flooded. As from today, we expect more rain and even snow. We hope that the water doesn't rise much higher...
    08/02: 73.1 - Saturday was the last day that I could go biking and I did my longest bike ever: 70km (43,5miles), that gave me some leeway to eat chocolate this weekend. In the evening it started to snow and now the whole country is covered in a white blanket. So no more biking for at least 10 days. On the positive: I've stopped taking my pain meds for my shoulder on Friday evening, and so far so good. Fingers crossed I can keep it this way !
    09/02: 73.1 - There is a very nice vibe in this thread at the moment, I keep up the motivation to persevere thanks to you guys !:+1:
    10/02: 73.4
  • shannondisley1
    Options
    5’6”, 20
    04/02 - 118
    09/02 - 119 - on a bit of a pasta kick at the moment, have eaten it three times in the last two days 😂
    10/02 - 117 - have a day of working from home so there’s a lot of snacking potential today 😬 planning a big dog walk later to make up for it
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    Where does everyone live?
    I'm in Memphis TN.

@shannondisley1 - I think you're probably from the UK or something...lol... just based on the time you post.

@k8richer - thanks!