Book Discussion?

Options
PKM0515
PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
This is by no means great literature, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to read or listen to "The Friendship List" and then discuss it. What's really got me thinking is the theme of the book - taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone.

https://friendshiplist.susanmallery.com/

Replies

• LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Id love to! Have put it on my kindle. I'll read it when I've finished my current book.Thanks for the suggestion -Sarah-Jane
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Id love to! Have put it on my kindle. I'll read it when I've finished my current book.Thanks for the suggestion -Sarah-Jane

Great! (Now I have to keep quiet about it. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ)
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Yes no spoilers please! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    How fast do you all read? I'm reading one every day or two right now, I'm game to read this. I like this concept, I've been forcing myself to do stuff that scares me for a few years now and I enjoy Susan Mallory and haven't read it. Let me know when you'd like to start and I'll download it to my Kindle.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    How fast do you all read? I'm reading one every day or two right now, I'm game to read this. I like this concept, I've been forcing myself to do stuff that scares me for a few years now and I enjoy Susan Mallory and haven't read it. Let me know when you'd like to start and I'll download it to my Kindle.

No rush, Kathy! I'll let @LondonParisTexas make that call. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I thought the topic might lead to some interesting discussions.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Update: I'm a little mortified that I recommended this book (blushes furiously)!

Other novels I've read by this author have not been so "trashy" (cheesy-trashy, no less). :o
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @PKM0515 Now I'm super curious, is it good despite it? I normally like her, I don't remember anything weird sexually. Sharing books with my mom I've been shocked at some of the things she passed on to me!
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    @PKM0515 At best 1 book per week and why are mortified? The idea is to chat ,exchange have fun and enjoy reading together! Good initiative rather ...I'll try and start soon promise xx
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @PKM0515 OK, I finally was able to get the app on my Kindle and just downloaded this, I'm ready for some juicy bedroom scenes! Haha, just kidding, who knows, I might learn something! I'm halfway through another book, I have a few hundred pages to go then I'll read this.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @PKM0515 Ready to hear a stupid dilemma I have? I'd asked my mom to find out if she was borrowing the Friendship List and turns out she wasn't but contacted me today, she called another friend who reads her and borrowed it for me and I didn't know so I downloaded it from the library. Now I can't tell her in case it hurts her feelings after she did all that which is fine but I can't read the book because even if I don't say anything I'll feel like a liar and now I have to wait to see her and not peek on my Kindle. I can NOT say something but I can't look at someone and directly lie and say something like how I can't wait to read it if I did. My parents keep offering to do little things and I know it's their way of trying to help me with what I'm going through so I would hate to hurt her feelings. I'm seeing her Saturday now that they've had their vaccinations.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    @PKM0515 Ready to hear a stupid dilemma I have? I'd asked my mom to find out if she was borrowing the Friendship List and turns out she wasn't but contacted me today, she called another friend who reads her and borrowed it for me and I didn't know so I downloaded it from the library. Now I can't tell her in case it hurts her feelings after she did all that which is fine but I can't read the book because even if I don't say anything I'll feel like a liar and now I have to wait to see her and not peek on my Kindle. I can NOT say something but I can't look at someone and directly lie and say something like how I can't wait to read it if I did. My parents keep offering to do little things and I know it's their way of trying to help me with what I'm going through so I would hate to hurt her feelings. I'm seeing her Saturday now that they've had their vaccinations.

Totally understand...I haven't started yet I don't think there's any pressure! Take care !
  • PKM0515
    edited February 2021
    Options
    No pressure at all! You may have to refresh my memory a bit, but there are certain scenes I can't forget, unfortunately! ๐Ÿ˜’

• LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Hi there still haven't started The Friendship List sorry..been tied up doing other stuff I will get round to it soon promise!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @LondonParisTexas

No problem! :)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hey gang, I get it tonight but started a cozy mystery series, I may finish the first of them then read it. I'm pretty sure I've read the first one but was out of things to read (not really, I have thousands of unread books, I just wanted to read a fast one on the Kindle).
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Hi there I finished The Friendship List this morning Loved it I actually cried at the end! So many things rang true with me.
  • PKM0515
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Great, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! (I was a little worried after I recommended it.)

Kathy actually started another thread to discuss it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826206/the-friendship-list-possible-spoilers#latest

I'll be back over there later!
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Any suggestions for a new book to discuss? I really enjoyed the book and discussions for The Friendship List
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I'm open to suggestions! I'm on the waiting list for The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue, I know a few have already read it.
  • LondonParisTexas
    Options
    Im just finishing The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goodge. It is a very interesting book and gives rise to a lot of questions about relationships,religion,repentance and more....if anyone would like to read it or has already I think it could be a great book for discussion