Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options
1343536373840»

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    It did work! Just a visual that really shows that weight loss is certainly not linear for me. Seeing the long-term trend helps my attitude when I see a short-term gain. 😉
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell
    Thank you very much for explaining SMART. I've been in a program for 2 years where i'm supposed to make them but i haven't had anyone to ask about it. I'm looking forward to this group more and more so i can expand and round out my knowledge during this life rearrangement.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/26 Steps 12,232
  • iradi8
    Options
    @heatherbluebell

I love that you do not give up. Your SMART goal is great, and it is something you can do. I can't wait to read your news that you achieved that goal! Looking forward to seeing a picture of your accountability jars. Visuals can be so helpful.

This isolation is taking a toll on mental health for so many. If it had been short-term like they first thought it would be, then that would have been more tolerable. I know that my kids are suffering this year. It is so hard. Hang in there. Pat yourself on the back for weathering the difficult storms and staying the same. I have been a little hard on myself this month because I have not lost much at all this whole month. Since I started in August, I have lost the least amount of weight this month (less than two pounds). I realize that I have had to weather some storms this month. So, reading what you wrote about doing better than you would have in the past when you are going through storms really hit home for me. Thank you for sharing that! And thank you for seeing the positive in that!
  • iradi8
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you, Linda. I love when you remind us to be gentle with ourselves. That is really great advice, and it takes a lot of reminders:) Yes, I do need a knee replacement for my left knee. My right knee is not normal, but it does not need to be replaced. I am 54 y.o. now. The doctor told me that if I can wait until I am 60, then it might last a lifetime. I am such a chicken to even think about getting it done, but everyone I know that has had it done says that they wish they wouldn't have waited so long to do it. I played sports in my teens and early 20s. That messed up my knees. I had two surgeries on my left knee in 1991, and I've had pain and trouble with it ever since. I wear a knee brace, but my knee is almost always painful, stiff and sometimes swollen.

@shawnamee1
    I know what you mean about keeping yourself safe from something by having weight on. I get that. Your business idea sounds amazing. I love what you do for a living. I am glad you are here. You will find lots of support and encouragement here, and it will help you so much on your journey!

@rwood566
    So glad you are here. You'll find so much support and encouragement from this great group. Your story is very inspiring. You have come such a long way. Because you did not give up, you went from walking 300 feet to 3-4 miles at a time! That is so inspirational! Your weight loss thus far is a testimony to your dedication.

@lelbarou
    I hope you won your challenge! That is a huge number of steps. Whew! Way to go! As for the binge, I'm glad you are not terribly upset about it. At least you have identified the trigger. I hope your friend's suggestions help. To me, being honest about it and sharing the good and the bad of this journey helps. You made me laugh when you said, "YEP. When I do something, I really do it." You have been doing really well, so give yourself some grace. You still rock!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 I think I lied. I really am upset. Sometimes I don't want to be honest about my feelings. I actually feel really terrible and at a real low right now. Thank you for your support.
  • iradi8
    Options
    @cesse47
    Yay! One whole year and you did not quit! That is the most important thing of all. As Dory says in the movie, Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." It has been one heck of a difficult year. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Glad you are here.

@363days
    Happy Birthday! Nice loss. Sounds like you have a good plan for the cookout on Sunday! How scary with your brother. Infections can be very serious. Glad he is on the mend.

@rlaskey2
    I also had a date night with hubby last night:) Even when the kids are older, it can be hard to remember to do this, but it is so important. You got a lot of steps! Do you have a particular stretching video that you like?

@red1185
    See my comment to cesse on this post. Weight loss is ups and downs. It is not linear. As long as you don't give up, you will not fail! You can do this!

@888Angie888
    Yep. Great reminder that it is not a straight line! That is a great downward trend! You are doing great!

• iradi8
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Hugs, Laura. Maybe you just did not realize you were upset. It is good to be honest but oh so hard. I know how it feels. It does feel yucky. Today is a new day. The good thing is that this is not a regular occurrence. We can't expect perfection. We all "mess up" sometimes. I'm telling you. Give yourself grace. Look at the bigger picture of what you have accomplished. Have a plan in place next Friday to celebrate the end of the week with something else:) You've got this!
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    You continue to do so well and so consistent. I wonder if posting here every day helps. I like that you do that. Hope you have a good rest day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    We have a new member heading our way ... Please welcome @transparentenigma :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,570 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Well done on the steps! Congrats on the step challenge! Have compassion for yourself with the binge. It’s behind you and you are back on track today. I am glad you logged it as it is important to be honest with ourselves. Can you make a list of things you can do on Fridays instead of food or alcohol? Pick one or two things from the list to have ready on this Friday. If you want to have a food treat walk to the corner store and get a single serve ice cream. Every Friday I have a small bag of chips and a small bottle of coke. This keeps me sane and I look forward to that small treat all week. I was a bit nervous going for coffee. But it is limited how many can go and everyone was socially distant. Several of the ladies kept their mask on except when they had a sip of coffee. We all had to bring our own coffee. It is held in the common room in the building. I think everyone but me had their vaccine as I was the youngest person.

@cesse47
    I am so proud of you for not giving up inspite of what the year has thrown at you. I am sorry that you lost your mom this year. It will nice to have you participating as I always looked forward to your check ins. Here is to another successful year. 🍻

@363days
    Congrats on your loss! I am so glad your brother is on the mend. Happy Birthday! 🥳🎂🎉

@rlaskey2
    Date nights are so nice.

@red1185
    Sometimes the scales can be a pain in the butt. Look at your loss to date and any NSV’s this week and celebrate them. Look back at your food diary and see if you can tweak anything. Have faith if you continue those pesky scales will move in the right direction.

@888Angie888
    It is important to look at a visual like this. The downward trend is what matters.

@Tazaria87
    Nice loss! Great job on the jogging!

@iradi8
    I had my replacement at 52. I had a fall and ended up having 2 miniscus repairs done 2 years apart. The arthritis set in and I had no other choice. It was worth it in the long run.

@transparentenigma
    Welcome to the team!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Tazaria87
    You continue to do so well and so consistent. I wonder if posting here every day helps. I like that you do that. Hope you have a good rest day!

It absolutely does. I can attribute a lot of my success the past 7 months to finding this group! I'm concious of how much I move in a day due to this group (step challenge). I get my workouts in more consistently than any time in the past due to not wanting to report to you guys I didn't do it! I can vent when I need to and know I won't be judged, which is a great feeling. I like doing my daily post and being able to report all my goals hit for the day. So yes, it definitely helps!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps 6,500
    Bike 9 miles, 35 minutes, moderate effort
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/27
    Steps =9,678
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12,443

Made up for my lazy day Friday with a productive day yesterday. Cleaned my floors since they were all dusty from construction, did a back/bi’s workout and played mini golf with friends. I even skipped ice cream when the kids got it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    This chat thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.