• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/25 Steps 10,419
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today, I had very productive work days, which I attribute to leaving my cell in another room in my house. I've been feeling frustrated with myself not getting as much work done as I'd like, and I've been feeling distracted for awhile. I know mental health, specifically not great mental health, can have an impact on concentration and focus, so I've been trying to be gentle with myself these last few months when it's been so hard. BUT, it's been 4 months and I'm ready to make some changes.

So, new SMART goal for me:
    On work days, I will leave my cell phone in my bedroom and only access it when it rings or during my breaks.

I also went to the dollar store tonight to purchase the things I need to create accountability jars. I'm using these jars to visually track my progress. Once it's all set up, I'll take a photo!

I made a list of things to do this weekend, and I certainly feel more and more motivated to do different things in my life. Like, even things around my house. I'm a little worried though... I'm finally feeling myself climb out of the dark, but the news is talking about a possible/probable 3rd wave, and now it's a race of getting the vaccine in people's arms. Anyhow, I'm f-ing tired of isolating alone in my house, and the light at the end of the tunnel is dimming. 🤷 Either way though, I generally feel like I can weather the storms way better now than I have in the past. I've been 'plateauing' or staying the same during this storm, whereas in the past, storms would result in huge weight gains. So, that's really positive.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/26
    5,501 steps
    No extra exercise
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @shawnamee1
    Welcome to the team!

@TheresaM787
    Great workout! You are inspiring me on the bike!

@red1185
    Great steps!

@heatherbluebell
    That is the best explanation of smart goals I have ever heard. Thanks! It is so important to be gentle without ourselves. It was the best thing my dietitian ever told me. I am so excited to see your accountability jars. I may have to steal your idea if it is okay. Keep looking at the positives. You are right you could have gained or even gave up. It is a testament to your strength.

@iradi8
    That is so good that you use the step challenge for motivation. Your steps are awesome!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    shawnamee1 wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome! My name is Shawna and I live in the middle of the woods in Northeastern PA with the love of my life. I am a Holistic Healthcare practitioner, Well Life Coach and numerous other things. I want to open a Holistic Health care spa/retreat but feel I cannot because of my weight. There is a part of me that knows I am "keeping" myself safe from having to start my business by not losing the weight...so, here I am. I am excited to join the challenge and support group!

Hi @shawnamee1 =Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing more information about yourself. Your goal to start a Holistic Health care spa/retreat sounds so amazingly wonderful. When you do open it, I want to go! LOL No really, I do... Anyway, I understand what you mean by keeping yourself safe. I think I have done this too, but for different reasons. It's really wonderful to have you here! We can make anything happen together! This is a great support group and we are really here for each other!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    a bit about myself...i'm 56, forced unemployment due to my weight. i'm hoping to be able to work again this year. i haven't been able to work since 2008. i was housebound for 1 1/2 years because i couldn't walk to go anywhere and i couldn't fit into our cars. 2 years and 6 days ago i started getting help from the veteran's hospital by being put on home-based care. on my first weigh in i was 566.4 lbs. it took me 6 months to lose my first 30 lbs partly because i was replacing bad habits with only slightly bad habits. things started really clicking for me in Oct 2019 and i have been losing 10-12 lbs a month since. i started "walking" - really waddling like a duck - in sept 2019 and my first one was 300 feet that took 4 1/2 minutes and 279 footsteps. i'm up to 3-4 miles a few times a week but i've had to cut back now due to low b.p. i'm currently 340 lbs. luckily i have decent weather for outside activity since i live in san diego.

Hi @rwood156 - Thank you for sharing more about yourself and your life. Your situation sounds really challenging, but that is amazing that you have lost so much weight and are now down to 340. WOW! That is a lot of weight lost and I bet it has been a real journey. Your story is very inspiring! That you could turn things around like that is trully amazing. So happy to have you as part of our team. Your goal is within reach and you can do it! Welcome and looking forward to having you on our team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 8,707
    ✅Sleep

Weekly Goals
    Weights 2x/wk: ✔️
    ✅Bike 3x/wk✔️✔️✔️
    ✅Walk 5x/wk: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

It was so nice to go to the coffee group yesterday. It ran longer than I thought it would so it ran into my exercise time. I got the bike done and I did 21 minutes. My granddaughter called and wanted me to go to the mall with them so I didn’t get to the weights. I walked around the courtyard outside while I was waiting for them and walked for almost 15 minutes. My daughter is never on time. I was in terrible pain last night from all the walking. I am still sore this morning. At least all my steps worked off the calories for the intermission food.

We are off grocery shopping in a few minutes and if I am not hurting too much when we get back I will do weights this afternoon. The grandkids are here for the entire weekend so I hate leaving them too much.

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Bike
    20 minutes moderate
    1 minute cool down

• lelbarou
    Options
    @heatherbluebell - I really hear you about Covid and the ongoing shut down and third wave because of the variants. I also was very hopeful that we would be coming out of the season of Covid now and that the vaccinations would be happening more quickly. The variants have really been a game changer and in a terrible way. Also Ontario has done a terrible job with accessing the vaccines! WOW! We are so far behind the States! It's so terrible.

Anyway, I get you! I really want to get out and go somewhere - I mean ANYWHERE! But, there is no where to go except for a walk in my neighbourhood!

I want to go to a movie theater, to a mall, to a restaurant or whatever. I just want to socialize in person and be out of this apartment.

Anyway, I guess I have accepted things, but it doesn't mean it is easy or that I feel really happy about it. Anyway, I really hear you and get it. You are NOT alone in this my friend.
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - WOW Linda! You are really kicking butt with your goals this week. That is great you can meet in person for coffee! I'm super duper jealous! You are doing so great at reaching your goals! It's just wonderful! Great job!!!!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.8
    CW 171
    I have definitely noticed an improvement on not eating sugar, dairy and grains most days. (6 out of 7) This is my birthday weekend and I'm having cake and I enjoyed buttered popcorn last night at the movie Sunday is a cook-out with foods that can trigger me and I'm focusing on small portions and enjoying the company more than the food. I want to stay with my new food guidelines when not at the party and don't let things bleed into the week.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,492

Had a relaxing day then had date night with my hubby. We went out to dinner so rare these days and especially with no kids. I did a quick dog walk during the day and a 10 min stretching video.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have been out for a couple of weeks, other than posting my weight last week and in getting back on - I remember why I love this group! You guys are so supportive of all who come here and as I read the posts I realize this group is helping us all during the challenge of losing weight AND Covid. My brother went to the hospital and ended up having two stints put in, back to the emergency room 3 times and finally made another appointment with his regular Doctor who ran blood and realized he had an abscess. Back to the hospital where back and forth trying to decide if he can have surgery due to his blood thinners and not wanting to blow the stints. He finally had surgery on Thursday - did well and he is looking much better. He has to go to long term care for p to two months. Who knew that an infection could be worse than having stints? We were all so scared - thought we might lose him. Of course, only one person could be with him the entire time and it was hard to not be able to visit. Hopefully, this is behind him and we can move to recovery.
    @lindamtuck2018 Way to go on the weight loss. You seem to be on a trend of moving down, and when it isn't as much as you want, you know the reason why. I'm happy for you.
    @Beautyofdreams I'm so sorry a bot the murder of your cousin. What a horrible event, I'm so glad you can be there for your family, while grieving your own loss. I'm glad you are going to post before and after. Can't wait!
    @rwood566 Welcome to the team. You have showed tremendous courage and determination on your journey and I'm glad you are now here with us to feel the support.
    @shawnamee1 Welcome! It sounds like you are getting to know yourself and have an exciting goal. I can kinda relate - I told myself as soon as I lost weight I would work on getting a relationship - so, I gained weight!!! I have struggled with wanting a relationship but not until I've lost the weight, and now I'm working on changing my mindset to expanding myself to opportunities while at this weight. Have you thought that you might be an inspiration right where you are? I look forward to hearing more.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 gray job sticking with it? And oh what a year it has been! I can’t wait to get vaccinated hopefully next month for me!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - Oh! So sorry to hear about your cousin! How very terrible and sad! You are really strong to still stay on track even under this immense pressure. I am very, very sorry for your loss. You have had to go through a lot of grieving lately. It must be extremely difficult. I'm also hoping there is a resolution to your health issues. Take good care of yourself and give yourself a huge amount of kudos for doing great even when things are so difficult.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Red1185
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 163.8
    SW: 179.6

I’m going the wrong way. This is the second week in a row I’ve been up in my weight.
    I check my weight periodically through the week, and even though I know water, sodium, TOM, etc effect my weight: I got up to 166. I was not pleased seeing that number on the scale. I want to stay positive, but it’s really hard when I see that.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    We'll see if this works...the ups and downs of weight loss...jwn4futcy7t2.png
This discussion has been closed.