Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Also my current goals are staying within calories, walking 30 minutes per day and drinking more water
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 23
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes - two hours of walking
    Steps - 15606

• lelbarou
    Options
    Oops. Sorry above should read a check in for March 22!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    @Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! Do you feel that it is the new diet is helping?

@rlaskey2
    Amazing steps! Those should give you a bit of a calorie burn.

@Beautyofdreams
    You must feel some relief now that you have started the vaccine process. When do you get your second shot? I am included in the next phase which starts in April. The celebration they had sounds beautiful. So many lives have been lost to this virus including your Kevin. Was it a virtual celebration?

@heatherbluebell
    Being on a plateau for so long has to been frustrating. Sounds like you are ready to fight it. I can’t wait to hear your plan!

@red1185
    Look at those steps! Great job!

@lcfa5317
    You know the reason for your gain. You had a great weekend making memories with your Mom so a small gain has to be worth it. You are back to your plan so you can lose the gain this week.

@roz0810
    Great goals!

@lelbarou
    Those are some great steps! Did you do 2 walks? I was thinking of adding a second walk in to try and increase mine. Maybe a mini walk for the second. What do you think?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 5,822
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track
    Weekly Goals
    Weights 2x/wk:
    Bike 3x/wk✔️
    Walk 5x/wk: ✔️✔️

Got a short walk in yesterday. I needed to go to the post office so I walked there and back. I got some stuff done around the apartment but not everything I planned so I didn’t get to go to the exercise room. Today I am going to do weights, the bike and I may try the elliptical. I will go for my walk as soon as I finish.

Have a super day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

Lunch is my hardest meal to plan. Anyone have some good lunch ideas that are 350 calories or less?
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Question

Lunch is my hardest meal to plan. Anyone have some good lunch ideas that are 350 calories or less?

I would do volume eating on this one. Spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts - things that create volume so you fill up. One of my favourite lunches is 50g of rice, one zucchini and one aubergine - fills me up and comes in at around 300 cals. Alternatively soup - minetrone or a pumpkin soup are sub-250 so you can even fit in a side salad or some bread. And finally, my favourite, one head of lettuce, one can of tuna, some tomato, cucumber and maybe even an egg - you can really bulk that out.

Hope this helps!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - Yes. I did 2 hour walks. I would really suggest breaking up your walks. I find doing one and then having a rest for part of the day then lets me do a second whereas I would have a hard time doing the full time in one walk. I would suggest doing one in the morning earliesh and a second sometime in the afternoon!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    Question

Hi Linda. Unfortunately, I'm not a big salad eater. I personally love smoothies. You can use almond milk, a protein powder and a frozen fruit such as strawberries. Good old eggs are not high calorie and are packed with protein. While some people feel eggs are only a breakfast food, I think an omelette or scrambled eggs go for any meal. Also I find fish such as a can of tuna or any fish really is fairly low cal and pack with protein. Then you can have a piece of fruit or veggie on the side or both.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/22: 18,192
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,627 Member
    Options
    Question

Before going back on Keto ... I would use this website and I must say most of these recipes are delicious
    https://www.eatingwell.com/gallery/13588/350-calorie-lunch-ideas-for-work/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    March Week 3 Top 5 Steppers Are:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -137,954 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 -104,250 steps
    3rd @mari_moulin - 93,150 steps
    4th @Z1ORtza- 90,400 Steps
    5th @TheresaM787 - 82,150 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES ......GREAT JOB :):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,059,007 STEPS :):):)

RECOGNIZING THE PEOPLE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS

Linda- 4/7
    Megan - 6/7
    Piqueaboo-6/7
    Laura- 7/7
    Angie- 3/7
    Theresa -7/7
    iradi8-3/7
    Andrea-3/7
    Rlaskey2-5/7
    Tazaria87-3/7
    Mari_Moulin-5/7
    Z1ORtza-6/7
    Cesse47-7/7
    Red1185-3/7

Great job Everyone :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Question

I like making different soups to warm up for lunch like skinny broccoli cheese, creamy roasted broccoli, or chicken veggie. My soups are 100-200 calories a bowl. We also make a pork shoulder every few weeks to use for lunches and I have pork tacos/nachos with grain free tortillas/chips I keep in the house. It only uses a couple ounzes of pork at a time so it's easy to keep the calories down. We also make bigger batches of dinner items to have on hand as leftovers for lunch. Not always less than 350 that way though.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 22
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 135oz
    Steps 9434
    Exercise 41mins Inc Dance Fit

I was SO thirsty yesterday for some reason. All day long I kept picking up my cup to take a drink to discover I'd finished it already. I filled it so many times haha. It felt good to dance again. I was worried it would be too hard after a week of not doing one(from having the stomach flu). It turned out to be great, though. Between the dance and my nieces being here for the day, I didn't need to do anything extra to get my steps in!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Love recipe shares! Thank you for starting the conversation. I’ve been eating these- trying to increase my veggie intake. Split a red bell pepper, fill with two slices of turkey, a slice of Swiss & about five lettuce leaves. It’s so juicy from the bell pepper, that it doesn’t need a dressing. Apple slices (usually cut into stocks) dusted with cinnamon on the side.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/23
    Bike 35 minutes, 9 miles
    Steps 4,500

Thank you for sharing that lunch idea site, I’m looking forward to looking into it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/23
    Bike 35 minutes, 9 miles
    Steps 4,500

Thank you for sharing that lunch idea site, I’m looking forward to looking into it.

Awesome job on your steps and Bike.........You are welcome .... I am still missing steps for 3/21 ..Please post when you get a chance ...Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.