Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @363days oh my that must have been so scary! Glad it all ended well.

@iradi8 sounds like a wonderful week with family and have your son home well worth a little gain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,579 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Awesome loss! You are putting in place things to help you succeed and you are seeing it in both your weight loss and physical fitness! Thanks for the information on the bike as today I was able to go longest I have since starting.

@lelbarou
    Nice steps! It sure has been beautiful weather for walking.

@Tazaria87
    Enjoy your time with your family!

@azkunk
    Great loss! A schedule sounds like a great idea to maybe cut down on some of the stress. Sounds like you have a doctor that will get to the bottom of everything. Can you switch medications?

@363days
    That would have been terrifying. I am so glad you found him and he was ok.

@iradi8
    It sounds like a great week with your son. Also, so great to have a family gathering. I think a small gain is a small price to pay for wonderful family time. Reading this gives me hope that I will get to see my parents this summer. Our vaccination roll out is going pretty slow up here. Anyway, I know you will be back to doing everything you need to do to continue with your amazing weight loss journey this coming week. I hope everything goes well for your friend.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @Tazaria87, @TheresaM787 and @Piqueaboo on being the top losers for the Downsizers!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 3/21 steps: 3,880. I had less than 1000 steps today, so I decided to take the dog on a walk to help even a little bit. Weekends are hard for me to get motivated to do a lot of moving (unless I’m cleaning my house top to bottom).
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 thank you. Let’s do it. Here’s to a good week!

@TheresaM787 thank you for the encouragement!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 i really thought I posted my steps from yesterday. Oops! 4,251 for 3/20.

Good luck this week everybody!! ❤️🙃👍
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Guess what? It is time to invite new members to join! April registration is open :smiley:

Everyone is welcome to share the link to the registration thread. If you have friends who might enjoy our F2F teams, please invite them to check it out and sign up. Those of you who are already here do NOT need to sign up again!

Please share this link and some more lucky people will be able to join us:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828015/registration-for-new-members-april-2021#latest
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3/21/2021 = 14,453 steps
    3/20/2021 =5, 832 steps
    3/19/21 = 10,896 steps

I have not been tracking the last 4 days and thus eating poorly. It's amazing how tracking helps - you realize when you are majorly overeating.
    I spent the day with my elderly mom yesterday which is why I didn't get many steps. I have to drive an hour and a half to see her. I took her to the house where she was born (a farm) and had her give a little talk about her life there. Then we went to the next house she lived at as a child and she talked about her life there. We went to 5 different places. It was a lot of fun. Now I have to compile it into a video to share with my siblings and my kids. I'm going to try Vimeo. I have never used that website, but I have seen it used. I hope it's not too difficult.
    I haven't ridden my bike the last few days, but I'll try to get it in tomorrow. It was a busy weekend.
    We had marvelous weather this weekend. I hope everyone was able to enjoy the spring weather!

• lcfa5317
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post March 17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 3005

I tried to stay a little more active than the day before. I got a little cleaning done here and there. Anytime I got a burst of energy I got up and cleaned something. The energy bursts didn't last long so I had to keep sitting down and relaxing. My son got sick again in the middle of the night and is just feeling so-so this morning. I've spent this morning cleaning the carpets in the main area and also scrubbing any cup any of us drank out of. I don't know why he got sick again. I'm probably gonna go around next and sanitize all the light switches and stuff.

• lcfa5317
    Options
    My kids are older now, but I remember how difficult it was when they were younger and got sick. You try so hard to have it not spread throughout the household, and it is so much work. Sending a virtual hug.
  • lcfa5317
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for March 17
    Logging -yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 9745

@Bluetail6 and @lindamtuck2018 - Thank you both for wishing me well with the FODMAPS plan! I appreciate it!

@iradi8 - Yes. I imagine there are some really good teachers, but it's really a shame about the bad ones I figure if anyone is unhappy with their job, then they should change it. Makes sense to me!

So, tummy is getting better! YAY! I'm kind of crazy working. I've been up most of the night working which I agree is pretty crazy! I have two new classes and they both have assessments this week which is a bunch of extra work! Then I have some laundry and an electrician coming to look at the lights before my class so no rest for me! Maybe a nap between my morning and evening class?

Anyway, things are going pretty well overall. Yep. I can't complain.

One thing is I wonder if I'm being a little kooky about something. We have a third wave of Covid and now there are variants which they believe are incredibly contagious. I have a friend I walk with but she sees a lot of different people and goes on the subway and works in person at an office. I told her I can't walk or see her anymore. I don't know if I'm being overly cautious and neurotic, but hmmm. I really don't want COVID! I don't feel she is careful and I don't really want the risk...

Have a great Thursday everyone! We almost at the weekend! YAY!

• lcfa5317
    Options
    I don't think you're being crazy. We are all at different spots with the pandemic. It's better not to walk with her if you are going to be anxious. I was more anxious before, but I'm feeling better now that I'm vaccinated. I know about the variants, and I'm worried about them but I trying to stay relaxed for right now. We will all have times when we are more concerned. Go with your gut feeling!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    3/21/2021 = 14,453 steps
    3/20/2021 =5, 832 steps
    3/19/21 = 10,896 steps

I have not been tracking the last 4 days and thus eating poorly. It's amazing how tracking helps - you realize when you are majorly overeating.
    I spent the day with my elderly mom yesterday which is why I didn't get many steps. I have to drive an hour and a half to see her. I took her to the house where she was born (a farm) and had her give a little talk about her life there. Then we went to the next house she lived at as a child and she talked about her life there. We went to 5 different places. It was a lot of fun. Now I have to compile it into a video to share with my siblings and my kids. I'm going to try Vimeo. I have never used that website, but I have seen it used. I hope it's not too difficult.
    I haven't ridden my bike the last few days, but I'll try to get it in tomorrow. It was a busy weekend.
    We had marvelous weather this weekend. I hope everyone was able to enjoy the spring weather!

Missing steps from you on 3/18
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Still need steps from @Piqueaboo so I can post the results :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sorry @Megan_smartiepants1970 , I’ve been running errands and doing laundry

5a8py1edtllt.jpeg
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    weigh in for March 22
    @lindamtuck2018
    Lelbarou
    PW -188
    CW - 184.6
    LTD - 71 (before MFP total is another 10 - 81)

Check in for March 21
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 13854

I'm happy about the loss. I've mostly just been eating tons of fruit which I love. Things are fine, but a little lonely and boring because of Covid. Not much to report.

@363days - I forgot last time to comment on your comment about FODMAPS. Just rmember that this diet is only specifically for people with IBS. All fruits are vegetables are good for you, but if you have IBS you need to avoid ones with high FODMAPS. However, if you don't have IBS all veggies and fruits are great for you.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lcfa5317 - I agree that logging is really critical. It's very hard to keep track of what you are eating just by trying to keep track mentally. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your mom and that is a great idea to share a video of your mom with your siblings. Super idea!

@azkunk - Sorry to hear about your elevated kidney labs. I'm glad you and your doctor are looking into it and looking for a solution.

@363days - That situation with your dog does sound scary! I'm glad you are okay and that in the end you found your dog fairly quickly.

@iradi8 -Sounds like a really busy, but happy week. Glad your son is home and he sounds really happy. I think your crawfish boil sounds awesome. I have seen your diary on the main page and you always seem to log very meticulously. I think you are doing great!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Steps:
    • Saturday 13 196
    • Sunday 13 031
    • Monday 10 729
    • Tuesday 8 588
    • Wednesday 9 923
    • Thursday 11 069
    • Friday 12 419
    • Saturday 12 582
    • Sunday 14 104

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 127oz
    Steps 9002
    Exercise 60min Treadmill

It was nice to see my parents and for my kids to hang out with their cousins. They definitely missed each other over these couple of weeks of everyone being sick. They are also here for the day so getting lots of cousin time in. It didn't work out yesterday for dad and I to get our boxing in so when we got home last night I walked on the treadmill while my husband and I watched a volleyball game. It took an hour to hit my steps for the day. It felt great to work out again, my body missed it. My calves and thighs were tight when I got done, probably from working hard after doing nothing for a week, so I did some easy stretching. I was hoping to not be sore when I woke up. I think it worked for the most part. I'm hoping to get in a dance sometime today, hopefully at school/nap time.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/21: 15,224
This discussion has been closed.