Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12,379

Did boxing workout, busy day running around because I procrastinated doing all the birthday party preparations. She wanted the Skinnytaste Mac & cheese for dinner so I healthy all day in preparation for that. I gave in and used regular pasta vs whole wheat since it was her birthday.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am catching up on posts, so these responses are late:
    @lelbarou - thanks for sharing the fodmap article, I've saved it and found it interesting and helpful because I was lumping all fruits together and thinking they were all the same, as well as vegetables. I'm going to try to be a little more selective with what I choose to eat. This also reminds me of the elimination diet and Whole 30. I've noticed that I might also have a nut allergy.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 My sister had her screws taken out and she said that is the best choice she ever made. I hope you find a solution to your pain. I'm having my knee screw looked at in a couple of weeks. My doctor said the fall on the ice could have slightly moved the screw.
    @rlaskey2 The cooking competition sounds so fun! It sounds like you have a lot to celebrate. It is amazing how good things feel when they start to have some normalcy
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All .... I still have a headache but not as bad as yesterday ...I came back home from our walk yesterday and slept most of the afternoon ...made buffalo wings and buffalo cauliflower for dinner and crashed again ....I am hoping to get a walk in today ...I finally got an appointment for my podiatrist I see him April 8th ....still waiting to hear something about my hernia surgery and I need to make an appointment for my new urologist for my kidney stones ...I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)
  • 363days
    Options
    @Bluetail6 DANG, GIRL!! You got this!!
    @AZkunk Arggghhhh Work stress is so tough. On one hand you must be an awesome contributor for them to think you can do something outside of your expertise - so congrats - on the other hand - Stress!!! I hope it goes off without a hitch for you.
    @Beautyofdreams I'm so glad you fond out what some of the issues were that were causing you to be so tired. You are amazing and I appreciate you sharing your successes and challenges. I hope the new meds help
    @lindamtuck2018 Congrats on your weight loss. It sounds like your new program is working well!
  • 363days
    Options
    @red1185 I hope your LTD reinforces your confidence that you can do this!
    @Tazaria87 I'm so sorry that the entire household has been sick. You guys must be so tired. Here's to a good week ahead.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.4
    CW 172.8
    Last week I was very depressed about my gain. This week I gained, but I don't feel depressed because I went 5 days without eating sugar, 3 days w/out wheat and dairy. I didn't track my calories because I was giving so much up, I didn't want the stress of also having to count calories, while fighting cravings. I also ate out 2ce this week, this is when I had a slight amount of wheat and dairy, but typically I would gain 2-3 pounds after eating out and in this case I only gained .4. I am checking for food allergies and although I think I might also have a food allergy to peanuts, at this time I'm going to live in denial until I get more control of some of the others. Peanut butter and apples has helped with the sugar craving.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team!

2021 Starting / Previous / Current

Weight - 198.2 / 198 / 198
    Chest - 108 / 104.4 / 104.2
    Waist - 106.6 / 104 / 104
    Hip - 110 / 107.6 / 107.6
    Thigh - 58.8 / 56.4 / 56.4
    Calf - 37.4 / 36 / 36
    Arm - 32 / 30.4 / 30.4
    Body fat mass - 43.9 / 43.6 / 42.5
    BMI - 31.9 / 31.8 / 31.8

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 3
    Previous Weight: 198
    Current weight: 198

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 12,849
    Monday - 15,256
    Tuesday - 15,626
    Wednesday - 9,483
    Thursday - 16,626
    Friday - 13,751
    Saturday - coming 🔜

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/19: 14,243
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Bike 45 minutes, 12 miles
    Steps 6,500

Happy Saturday 😁
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This has not been a great week for me. My diet has kind of fallen off. I have to get back into my routine. I feel bad for letting myself fall back into old habits. Ugh....
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 3/20 steps: 4,591.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in: Sunday (Mar 21, 2021 - Usually it's Monday)
    CW: 210.1
    PW: 212.5
    SW: 240

I have to submit my weigh-in a day early as we're leaving on vacation in about an hour and won't have access to a scale all week (that will be strange). I'll be back on the regular routine and weigh-in day next week. We're heading south to sunny Singer Island, FL. We've been going annually for 21 years so this could potentially be the last time it works out for all 4 kids to join Susan & I so it's a little bittersweet for us but we're going to enjoy it (and stay safe).
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star: WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE IS UP! :star:

This week we want to hear your weight loss story with a series of questions that you will answer each day. So click the link and start telling us about your journey towards good health! YOUR SEVEN-DAY WEIGHT LOSS STORY

snm9umtmbr66.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    so true about the tires! That post is originally from @lindamtuck2018

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm so glad you're riding! When I began on the bike, I was going too hard. I'd be out of breath within minutes. I began slowly increasing my endurance. Started with 20 minutes on the bike, making sure that it was a comfortable breathing cadence (speed) and resistance. I knew it was a comfortable combination, if I could easily sing along to whatever was playing.
    As I increased, I wouldn't be able to sing along, but I worked on breath work (out for three, and in for three). Worked my way up to riding for 35 minutes, an average of 55 cadence and 49 resistance. Slow and steady. I made riding a daily, after coffee routine. So I need it to be hard enough so that it's a sweaty workout, but easy enough where I will not be sore the next day. That was probably too much information 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Definitely not too much information. I really needed some advice.
    Congratulations on the loss. Enjoy your day with the grandkids!

Thanks for the information. I think that is part of the problem that I can’t go for a long while. I am really out of breath. I am going to slow myself down. I certainly can’t sing right now.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

hghcp9rrjdbg.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Amazing loss! It looks like it will stick seeing you have been eating normal for a few days. If you have a little water weight don’t sweat it as it will come off in a few days. I hope you get your shopping done.

@rlaskey2
    Great job on the steps and workout! I hope your daughter enjoys her day! Are you still doing the chopped party?

@363days
    According to the weight you posted last week you actually had a loss so congrats. Sounds like you are doing good on the new program. If you think you are allergic to peanuts you need to get this checked out. It is a serious allergy that can lead to anaphylactic shock.

@cesse47
    You are so consistent with those steps.

@heatherbluebell
    I am glad you are putting the stress behind you. Stress affects weight loss in so many ways. Spring is wonderful. I love watching the trees coming back to life almost as I love the colour change in autumn.

@888Angie888 and @TheresaM787
    Great job on steps!

@red1185
    We have a new week starting today. I am trying to look at this week as a clean slate and try to get a good routine and watching my calorie intake closely. Let’s have a good week together.

@jimboden3
    Fantastic loss! Enjoy your vacation!
This discussion has been closed.