Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/18
    30 bike, 8 miles, moderate sweaty effort
    2,700 steps
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have been so exhausted this week...coming home this week, and falling asleep on the couch or just coming straight home and taking a nap. Maybe DST?? Ugh...

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps today, 3/18: 6,290.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3/18

@lelbarou a low FODMAPS diet sounds like a great place to start! Will you be adding one food back in at a time and recording your response to discover food triggers? You cannot be too careful with Covid and I hope that your friend understands.

@Tazaria87 so sorry that your son is sick again. I wish you all a speedy recovery.

@Bluetail6 You look awesome! You must be getting close to your goal.

@rlaskey2 A "Chopped" theme get together sounds like great fun! It must have been wonderful to see your parents after so long.

@red1185 I hope that your energy levels pick back up.

@azkunk great job being in the green for two days. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to track macros.

@TheresaM787 I love your " one more minute" philosophy. I have been following that philosophy since starting MFP and it has kept me engaged by giving small successes even when the scale doesn't change.

@lindamtuck2018. Great job taking advantage of the exercise bike and weights!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 hope your new shoes are comfortable for you and your feet get to feeling less painful.

Received the results of my am hormone panel while in the hospital. Cortisol is abnormally low. Diagnosis is long term use of prednisone for transplants have suppressed my adrenal gland function. Now, why wasn't the excess weight flying off without diet and exercise? It does explain the lethargy, depression, gastric upsets and high blood pressure, though. Have been placed on a different steroid medication and will follow up with my doctor on Monday and have more labs. Holter monitor goes back tomorrow. Should be interesting as I was able to walk 3 times and lift weights once while wearing it. Though I feel fine while exercising. It's mornings when I get faint.

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Thank you for your kind compliment!! I have about a pound or so till I'm at the the highest end of a normal weight for my height. Then I'll aim for the lower to middle range, perhaps. Not really sure as it's been a minute (loosely defined time continuum) since I've been there.

P.S. Hubs took the photo... He knows all about the best lighting, etc.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I couldn't edit my earlier post. Anyway, I'm glad you are on a different steroid medication. It is wonderful that you have had the amazing success that you have had while on Prednisone. I've had friends who've had to be on it, and they gained weight to a person! Also, I had to look up Holter Monitor. I hope your labs come out well :)<3
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 3/17 and 3/18

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):✅ & ✅
    Steps (9K):✅ & ❌
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅❌✅ & ❌✅❌
    Exercise 30 min brisk walking 5x /wk: ✅✅✅❔❔

Checking in late so covering yesterday and today. I am officially back into dance mom mode with my daughter returning to the studio this week. It’s going to be a big schedule change so I need to figure that out and fast.

Work is starting to get a little stressful. My boss is preoccupied with personal stuff and not carrying his share of the load. Things in the hospital are starting to resume normal operations and I have actually been going into the facility more. I have the c-suite (chief medical officer, chief nursing officer, COO and CEO) expecting me to roll something out to the whole facility by Monday (not possible) that is out of my scope of my expertise and to be honest has nothing to do with my department but I have a boss who is checked out and doesn’t have my back so tag I’m it. I was able to put enough together and buy a week to work through things.

I need to figure a balance to eat well, get physical activity in and not get stressed. Plus, I have a LOT of things coming up that will add even more stress.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Bluetail6 - you look FANTASTIC 🤩

@Beautyofdreams - tracking macros is not really that hard. I have a spreadsheet that averages all of my metrics each week. I shoot for a weekly average and don’t sweat one day over or under. Hitting protein minimum is most important and staying under carb and fat is next. I like to hit within 5g of my targets but I call it a win if protein is over and the other 2 are below. I also have a fiber goal. I’m glad you are getting some answers on you medical issues. I hope they Chet you on the right treatment plan and you are feeling better soon.

@rlaskey2 - that sounds like fun. mMy 11 year old would love to do a home version of chopped, cupcake wars or nailed it.

@lindamtuck2018 - stress is no joke when it comes to this diet thing. The scale was indeed up a little today.

Sorry I didn’t have time to reply to all. I need to get some sleep. I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @azkunk
    You honestly made me giggle!! Thank you so much.😁

Sorry about your stress level, and that your boss isn't carrying his weight. That is a tough one. Really great that you were able to buy yourself some more time. The last business I owned, I always said "the buck stops here." It was crazy sometimes; but, I never let it roll downhill. I hope I have the same level of integrity the next time.

I was reading your note to @Beautyofdreams. My carb macros have been all over the place lately... I did lose, so, go figure. 😉
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @red1185
    Hang in there. If it is due to DST, your body should adjust fairly quickly🧡
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Laura, I don't think you are being neither overly cautious nor neurotic. Careful, is careful. Just make sure your friend understands why you aren't walking with/seeing her right now. If she is truly a friend she will understand. I know I would and do.🧡
  • azkunk
    edited March 2021
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for March 17
    Logging -yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 9745

@Bluetail6 and @lindamtuck2018 - Thank you both for wishing me well with the FODMAPS plan! I appreciate it!

@iradi8 - Yes. I imagine there are some really good teachers, but it's really a shame about the bad ones I figure if anyone is unhappy with their job, then they should change it. Makes sense to me!

So, tummy is getting better! YAY! I'm kind of crazy working. I've been up most of the night working which I agree is pretty crazy! I have two new classes and they both have assessments this week which is a bunch of extra work! Then I have some laundry and an electrician coming to look at the lights before my class so no rest for me! Maybe a nap between my morning and evening class?

Anyway, things are going pretty well overall. Yep. I can't complain.

One thing is I wonder if I'm being a little kooky about something. We have a third wave of Covid and now there are variants which they believe are incredibly contagious. I have a friend I walk with but she sees a lot of different people and goes on the subway and works in person at an office. I told her I can't walk or see her anymore. I don't know if I'm being overly cautious and neurotic, but hmmm. I really don't want COVID! I don't feel she is careful and I don't really want the risk...

Have a great Thursday everyone! We almost at the weekend! YAY!

You are not being neurotic at all. You need to do what’s best for you. I have made some unpopular decisions during this like turning many invitations down and keeping my daughter out of her dance studio for an entire year (she went back this week due to infection numbers being low, encouraging vaccination numbers but mostly for her mental health). I decided if my decision hurts my daughter’s chances of advancing in the studio this year or leads to fewer invitations when this is over but my family survived this without getting the virus then it’s all worth it. I hope she understands but you need to do what is right for you. I know from working in the role that I do that obesity is a major risk factor for severe COVID and that is why I started this journey. You need to stay safe.

How are vaccinations where you are? Things in my state are really good which surprises me. I live in one of those conservative states full of anti-maskers claiming masks are a restriction on their freedom. My county should open up vaccination to people 45 and older in the next 1-2 weeks and my husband will be eligible. I hope you can get it soon. I know that once he is vaccinated, my anxiety around it will go way down. Vaccination is our way out of this and I can’t wait for the would to be a safe place again.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 18
    Logging - yes
    exercise - no
    Major *kitten* show? - YES (LOL)
    Steps - 5175

Hi all. It was a super crazy day yesterday. UGH! I am trying to get out of the short-term supply gig I have. It is not working out. It just hit me in the last couple of days I guess I am doing the class in a completely different way than their long-term teacher was and half are really responding and half are just walking away. OUCH! Anyway, I don't need this level of stress just filling in for someone else so I'm trying to walk away from it. I really have a poor reaction and ability to deal with stress. It's one of my big vulnerabilities and don't need it in my life.

Thank you very much @lindamtuck2018 , @Beautyofdreams, @Bluetail6 and @azkunk for your support over my decision regarding not seeing my friend. She is a great person and she understands, but I'm sure we will miss talking to each other in person. She really is an awesome person and she understands though perhaps is disappointed.

@Beautyofdreams - Thanks for your question about FODMAPS. Yes. the idea is to reduce or elminate triggers and then slowly re-add possible triggers to see what is really affecting you and what may not be an issue and adjust your diet accordingly.

Also, I am very sorry to hear about your low cortisol level and that you have had some negative impacts on your adrenal gland function because of your steroid medication. It's amazing you still exercised even with the monitor on. It shows how dedicated you really are! I hope they can find you a new steroid that works without compromising your body so much.

@Bluetail6 - Congrats on your current loss! YAY! WOW! 155. That is pretty much my goal weight. My goal weight is 150! You look really wonderful. Just beautiful! What a foxy lady!:)

@azkunk - Thank you for your support and experience around obesity and severe COVID. Currently my BMI is very, very high and it will be for a while (can't lose 50 or more poiunds overnight....) so I do have to be careful and thank you for reminding me of this. I know I really have to be carerful.

As far as vaccinations, Canada is not doing a very good job. You are doing a much better job! Right now the over 80 crowd and other very at high risk groups are getting vaccinated such as people who work in group homes etc.

As my BMI is very high, I will be eligible in the phase 2 roll out which comes in April. I hope sooner than later. We have AstaZeneca which only has a 62% efficacy rate for catching Covid so even after I am vaccinated I won't be immune. The only benefit of AZ is that it might have a higher efficacy rate against the variants such as the British variant. Also it has a 67% ability against asymptomatic transfer. Also, I know it as the others 100% stops the most severe versions of Covid so that is something big. My point is that even after the vaccine, the effecacy rate doesn't seem awfully high. I think I have to wait till we get herd immunity or that my friend and others are also vaccinated....or hang out with people only who as carful as I am.

Have a great Friday everyone! Nearly at the weekend! Woooohooo!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @azkunk - I forgot to mention that I am very sorry that you are under so much stress and that your boss is checked out! Is there anyone else you think at work who could give you some support? It seems unfair that the brunt of things is falling on you. I totally agree that some regular exericse or activity would help a great deal. Equally I know the busier and more stressed you are the harder it seems to be to find time to exericse. However, I think somehow you have to find a way to prioritize yourself. I wouldn't want you to burn out. Take good care!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    I will catch up on posts and check in later. Just realized I didn’t post a weigh in reminder yesterday. If you are on the post and already weighed in I will catch when I go through the post later today.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 15,812

It was a gray day but still managed a 4.5 mile walk with a friend and a back/biceps work out. Ate 3 healthy meals yesterday and no evening snack.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/18: 10,894
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/14 Steps 13,026
    3/18 Steps 6,491
This discussion has been closed.