Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    It is so hard having sick kids. Glad they are feeling better this morning. Sorry to hear that you are not well. Stomach viruses are awful. Hope you're feeling better soon.

@Bluetail6
    I am so, so glad that you are okay. I can understand why it upsets you so much if you lost your father that way.

@azkunk
    Glad you like the new doctor! She sounds like she will be on top of things.

@TheresaM787 and @lcfa5317
    Way to go with the bike riding!

@rlaskey2
    I haven't tried sheet pan meals but love the idea. I'll have to try it. Glad your neck is feeling better. Does your chiropractor adjust your neck or is it mostly stretching?

@red1185
    That dinner sounds amazing. I like to look at my weekly calorie total on MFP. Some days are high and some low, but it usually evens out for the week:)

@lindamtuck2018
    Glad you took a rest day:)

@megan_smartiepants1970
    Glad you are getting rid of those shoes. Blisters are terrible:) I hope you can get better ones.

@lelbarou
    Sorry your stomach is bothering you:( Glad to hear that you like your students. My kids are both in college, two different colleges, with all online classes due to the pandemic, and some of their professors leave a lot to be desired. Frankly, I am not sure why they want to teach because they certainly don't seem like they care at all!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    I would have felt the same way about that one more step! Is that all from walking or do you run? That's a lot of steps!

@mszoueb
    Wow. I can't believe the mud was like that. That certainly was an eventful ride between the mud problems and the dark tunnel!

@Tazaria87
    I would love to have recipes that are free of grains and refined sugar. My daughter loves to bake. She is willing to try new recipes that would be healthier!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! Are you still following the plan the dietitian gave you?

Yes I am. And as always my weight is going up and down. What pisses me off because I wanna see real results with my effort. This Saturday I'm planning to eat pizza 🍕 with my girlfriend because we do 3 years together and we are going to re-do our first date but corona- proofed. And one of the important things is pizza. And I'm afraid of going really up on my scale that day
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @azkunk
    Thank you, and me too. I'm really glad to hear about your new doc!! I can't imagine 100 degrees F at this point😆!!

If you think that’s bad, you’d really hate it when it gets to 120*F (48.9*C) 🥵
  • azkunk
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! Are you still following the plan the dietitian gave you?

Yes I am. And as always my weight is going up and down. What pisses me off because I wanna see real results with my effort. This Saturday I'm planning to eat pizza 🍕 with my girlfriend because we do 3 years together and we are going to re-do our first date but corona- proofed. And one of the important things is pizza. And I'm afraid of going really up on my scale that day

Plan out you week and try eat fewer calories than normal to “bank” for Saturday and/or add exercise and don’t eat the calories back to bank. Is Sunday your weigh day? Can you weigh in on Saturday instead this week. Bottom line, plan for your celebration and then just enjoy it. Even if you do end with a bump up, don’t sweat it. Just buckle down over the next couple of days after and it will go back down. Ultimately, we all need to figure out what works for us in the long term so that we can continue to live life and celebrate the things that matter.

Happy Anniversary!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    March 16 check in
    Logging -yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 7872

Yesterday was quite good. My tummy is getting better. I read about something called low FODMAPS for people with IBS and IBD. Some foods have a low amount of FODMAPS which is an acronym for some pretty difficult scientific words. LOL. Anyway, some foods are lower FODMAPS and easier to digest for IBS and IBD sufferers than others. I am trying to eat low FODMAP.

@iradi8 - I'm really sorry your children don't have good teachers and that they don't seem to care about their students. I have great affection for my students and care a great deal. I'm confused why you would want to teach if you don't really care about other people. It's pretty mystifying.

@Bluetail8 - I didn't know that your father passed from a car accident. No wonder this was so terrible for you. This car incident was doubly bad. I hope this doesn't happen again. Take good care.

@azkunk - so happy to hear the new doctor is so much kinder and responsive. That is really wonderful!

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is an article about FODMAPS if you are an IBS or IBD sufferer
    https://www.medicinenet.com/low_fodmap_diet_list_of_foods_to_eat_and_avoid/article.htm
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    You are really getting those steps in! Hope the new diet settles your stomach.

@red1185
    Your dinner sounds delicious! Balancing your week out sounds like a good plan.

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! I love sheet pan dinners. I have a chicken one I make with an epicure seasoning. The seasoning doesn’t have a lot of sodium so that is a plus. Great news on being able to see your parents.

@azkunk
    Look at all those green check marks! Well done! I am glad your new doctor is listening to you and going to investigate it further. It is so frustrating when everything disappears.

@Beautyofdreams
    You have had a rough time lately. I hope the monitor can find out what is causing you to black out. Great job donating your clothes.

@iradi8
    A loss is good! Put last week behind you and have a fresh start today.

@Z10Rtza
    I agree with everything Andrea said.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @888Angie888
    I would have felt the same way about that one more step! Is that all from walking or do you run? That's a lot of steps!
    I try to get out to "run" at least a few times a week. Technically, I'm probably too slow to be considered a runner, but I keep trying and getting a little better at it 🙂. Odds are really, really good that I will never be 'fast' 😉.

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/16: 13,593
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I hope the new sneakers work wonders. Fingers crossed for you.

3/17
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Bike 30 minutes, 7 miles, low effort
    Steps 5,400
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Scales not in my favour today. Up to 138lbs. Has been up since my long run weekend two weeks ago. I have been eating quite well, except a couple of meals out this past week were a bit bad.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I hope the new sneakers work wonders. Fingers crossed for you.

3/17
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Bike 30 minutes, 7 miles, low effort
    Steps 5,400

They seem comfy but since I have blisters from the hiking boots my little toes hurt and the foot that has a screw in it hurts but it has been hurting a lot lately
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday, 3/16

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅✅✅
    Exercise 30 min brisk walking 5x /wk: ✅✅❔❔❔

Another solid day. Scale is a little up today but still in the 172s. Excited to get below 172 as that will be 35lbs lost. Today was a rough work day and I feeling a bit stressed. Hope that doesn’t impact the scale. I need to focus on keeping those macros dialed in.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Scales not in my favour today. Up to 138lbs. Has been up since my long run weekend two weeks ago. I have been eating quite well, except a couple of meals out this past week were a bit bad.

I know it’s frustrating. Remember all of the positive changes, the scale will be in your favor again. You got this!
This discussion has been closed.