Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    Well I finally got smart and took back the Columbia hiking boots ...they hurt the top and side of my foot along with blisters on the tops of my toes and the side of my baby toes ...waiting to see my podiatrist and see if he orders be orthopedic shoes before I go out and buy a new pair
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 5,301
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track
    Weekly Goals
    Weights 2x/wk:
    Bike 3x/wk
    Walk 5x/wk: ✔️

I did go for my walk yesterday but today I am listening to my body and resting. The last 2 nights I slept over 10hrs and 9hr 45 minutes the next. I am sore all over still and my stomach is off from eating Chinese food 2 days in a row. I would be telling you guys to rest so I am going to take my own advice. I will do some light stretching again today. Tomorrow I will be doing weights, treadmill and bike.

My weight spiked today so I didn’t get away with water weight. I am up almost 4 pounds which is a combination of water weight from the binge on Friday and the Chinese food. I am hoping some of it drops by Friday. I see lots of water consumption in my future. My calorie average for the week is sitting at 1,453 but I can’t depend on this number to be accurate because of the generic entries in my diary the last 2 days.

Have a great Tuesday!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 126oz
    Steps 9003
    Exercise Stepping in place

My daughter seemed to be doing better yesterday. She didn't get sick at all over night, and she had an appetite when she woke up. So, I spent the morning disinfecting the kids' bathroom, cleaning her room and cleaning the carpets in the hallway by the bathroom. Then at about 4pm my son got sick in the living room. At about 9 pm, I got sick. My son and I were up most of the night on the living room couch. I got the majority of my steps in before I got sick and the rest of them from traveling to and from the bathroom.

Kids are both feeling good this morning. I'm not doing so well. I think it's safe to say I won't be going after steps today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Get lots of rest today. Try to keep yourself hydrated. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Stomach bugs are the worst.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for March 15
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 8900

Well. My stomach is still off. IBS is tons of fun! Anyway, I'm just eating fairly lightly with soup, almond milk and such. I complain sometimes about my work load, but honestly I'd be lost without it, especially now during Covid so thank goodness for it! I like my students quite a bit too.

@Tazaria87 - I'm so sorry to hear you have a stomach bug. Linda is right that they are so awful. I hope you can get some quality rest time and feel better. I'm glad your children have gotten better. That would have been super challenging to be sick and take care of them which I guess you already had to do with your son last night. Take good care of yourself and I hope you feel better really soon!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - Good for you for taking back those columbia shoes. They don't sound good at all. I hope you can get some custom shoes made for you and be on your feet quickly.

@lindamtuck2018 - A rest day for you today sounds like a perfect idea! Pushing yourself when you feel terrible doesn't really work in the end. I'm glad you are taking a day off to feel better. I hope it's a good day.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 - Hi Lee. I also posted on your wall, but I just wanted to say how thankful I am that you were able to get out of that terrible driving incident without any harm coming to yourself or your hubby. You really were able to think quickly on your feet and react in a way that saved the day! WTG! I hope you are doing allright today. Some people shouldn't be on the streets!
    I hope this was the first and last time this will happen! How frightening! Take good care on those roads.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 glad you are ok! That’s scary!!

Yesterday was a really bad day: emotionally and physically draining. I met my step goal, which is good, but I definitely overindulged at dinner (went over by more than 600 cal!). A lot of times when i have a frustrating day, my solace is cooking a big, elaborate homemade dinner. It helps me get out my energy and frustration, while also giving me a sense of control. It was delicious, but definitely on the richer side (fresh salmon in puff pastry with a side of Brussels sprouts with bacon; and a lemon meringue pie for pi day this past Sunday, and wine). I’m going to try and keep things steady for the rest of the week to help balance out yesterday.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps yesterday, 3/15: 6,205. 🙃
    Today was ok. We had an asynchronous day at work (students weren’t there), but I was tied to my
    computer all day, so I juuuust made my step goal at 4,000.

Sigh......
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 , @Megan_smartiepants1970 , @lelbarou , @red1185
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words!! We're just fine. My father was killed by a senseless, negligent driver when I was a child, so I'm a little sensitive about that sort of thing.

On a completely different subject, I'm thinking about doing some sort of diet reset. Perhaps a fast of some sort for a few days, nothing more. I will keep you posted. As an Australian friend used to say "change is as good as a holiday." 😄😄
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps
    3/14 6,226
    3/15 12,247

Week is already flying by. Went furniture shopping yesterday and then finally got to the chiropractor. I need to stop waiting so long when this happens, I would probably save myself so much misery.

Today I was busy pulling 10 plus years of stuff off my work computer so I can send it back and then grocery shopping. Dinner tonight was sheet pan teriyaki salmon and veggies. Hubby hates salmon so I used haddock for him. I love sheet pan meals so easy but someone accidentally hit the knob on my stove to turn up the heat so my broccoli was a little burned.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    3/15 Monday
    35 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    3,500 steps

Hope everyone is having a great Monday

Missing steps for 3/14

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/14
    Steps 3,560
    Bike 45 minutes, 11.55 miles, moderate effort

Sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know.

3/16
    Steps 3,290
    Bike 30 minutes, 7.83 miles, moderate effort
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    3/15 Monday
    35 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    3,500 steps

Hope everyone is having a great Monday

Missing steps for 3/14

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/14
    Steps 3,560
    Bike 45 minutes, 11.55 miles, moderate effort

Sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know.

3/16
    Steps 3,290
    Bike 30 minutes, 7.83 miles, moderate effort

No problem and you are welcome ...Thank you for posting them :)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/16
    5,340 steps
    Biking = 60 minutes
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I composed thoughtful replies to all of you but stepped away from my phone for a few minutes to do something for the kids. When I got back to the phone it refreshed as soon as I opened it and I lost everything.

To those not feeling well, I hope you feel better.

@Bluetail6 - I’m glad you avoided a potential catastrophe

To those struggling- one day or even two does not have to ruin the week. You know what to do and you can do it!

For those that have posted a loss- great job 🤩
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    Thank you, and me too. I'm really glad to hear about your new doc!! I can't imagine 100 degrees F at this point😆!!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/15 Steps 7,431

I only walked the dogs for 9 minutes because it started to pour down raining! I had to run home. I gave blood in the afternoon and was tired, so I didn't do any more exercise. I get bothered if I don't get my 10,000 steps. LOL.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3/16

It all started on Saturday when my weight dropped into the 149.xs again. I had a supper with lots of fiber and as fiber likes to do, it hung around until Sunday night. Sunday night/Monday am I blacked out and fell twice on my way back from the bathroom. On Monday morning I couldn't get out of bed and my mother checked my blood pressure which was very low with a rapid pulse. Went to the emergency room where they pumped me full of fluid and put me in the hospital. Had just been there two weeks ago so the decided to give me a Holter monitor and a morning hormonal panel as symptoms present in the morning. Left the hospital today wearing the monitor and had my lab draws. Haven't logged or tracked anything today but will start tomorrow. Did go to the rec center and did a 40 minute walk of 2.10 miles on the tradmill. It felt good to walk. On the positive side , donated all my too big clothes to the local free clothing store. Guess I'm committed to calorie counting, now.
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Oh my goodness. Glad you have the Holter monitor and got some labs done. That's terrible that you black out like that. Thank goodness you didn't hurt yourself with the falls. That was a good walk on the treadmill! It must have felt good to donate those clothes:)
  • iradi8
    edited March 2021
    Options
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 199.2
    CW: 199.1
    LTD: 53.5 pounds (SW 252.6)

I'm still in Onederland, so I'll take that .1! I had a few days this week where my weight was almost a pound lower, so hopefully that scale will be down more next week. It's been a bit of a rough week. I've had more goodies and had the munchies more this week. I had been trying not to eat after about 8PM unless I was really hungry, and I've let that slip a bit this week. I also haven't exercised as much/hard. I have to do a little regrouping and get it together! Still happy that it's a loss though!
This discussion has been closed.