Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 13
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    steps - 9235

I have been really tired this weekend and sleeping quite a bit, but I have managed to get in a nice walk with my buddy both days so that is good. Just really resting and taking it easy. Not doing a whole heck of a lot!

@363days - I think I stopped grains and sugar a couple of months ago . Honestly, I think between 2-3 months ago. I had some flour products on Friday and Saturday and my stomach is funky! Hmmm. Yep. One problem is that I have IBS. When I don't eat flour and sugar my problems with my stomach and digestion go away. Also, I had these weird breathing problems and those are gone as well. I think my stomach is very senstive and a lot of flour products are processed and so is white sugar so this doesn't work for me. In addition, I have noticed that I can eat the same amount of calories, but I will lose more weight at the same calorie level it I have little to no sugar or grains. I agree with what you said that grains, especially all flour products and sugar cause inflammation in the body. By not eating these, I believe I will also be less likely in future to get other diseases since a large number of diseases are caused by inflammation in the body. Yep. That's my view and my take on that.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Just a reminder ... I need the following people's steps ASAP so I can post the results

@Piqueaboo -3/12 & 3/13
    @Z1ORtza- 3/11, 3/12 & 3/13
    Thanks Ladies :)

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/13: 15,196
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    03/12
    Steps = 5,388
    Stationery bike = 60 minutes
    Calories on target
    I worked TOO much today- my eyes burn from staring at the computer. I have to learn to walk away.
    Tomorrow I go to my mom’s place to help her - probably no exercise. But it will be nice to be with her.

Just a reminder I do not have steps on 3/9 ..I apologize if I missed them
    03/12
    Steps = 5,388
    Calories on target
    I worked TOO much today- my eyes burn from staring at the computer. I have to learn to walk away.
    Tomorrow I go to my mom’s place to help her - probably no exercise. But it will be nice to be with her.

03/12
    Steps = 5,388
    Calories on target

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3/09 = 9,389 steps
    03/13 = 6,390 steps
    03/14 = 10,771 steps

Calories were bad the last 2 days.
    We went to an outdoor party with heaters last night. It’s funny how when you drink alcohol you don’t care what you eat. The next day is depressing when you remember your lack of control. However, I laughed a lot & that’s healthy too.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Today was not a good step day or a good calorie day, but oh well. I’m trying not to be hard on myself.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 3/14: 2754 steps today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Congrats @888Angie888 , @lelbarou and @azkunk for being our top 3 awesome losers for our wonderful Downsizers team :):)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/13 Steps 13,233
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/13 Steps 13,233

Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/09 = 9,389 steps
    03/13 = 6,390 steps
    03/14 = 10,771 steps

Calories were bad the last 2 days.
    We went to an outdoor party with heaters last night. It’s funny how when you drink alcohol you don’t care what you eat. The next day is depressing when you remember your lack of control. However, I laughed a lot & that’s healthy too.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps 3/13: 15,196

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder ... I need the following people's steps ASAP so I can post the results

@Piqueaboo -3/12 & 3/13
    @Z1ORtza- 3/11, 3/12 & 3/13
    Thanks Ladies :)

Yes! Sorry!
    Friday 12, 11 974
    Saturday13, 13 196
    Sunday 14, 13 031
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in: Monday (Mar 15, 2021)
    CW: 212.5
    PW: 212.7
    SW: 240

I started out so good in the morning but then finished off my wife's leftover pizza from the night before. It wasn't even that good but no one else wanted it and I hate to throw anything out so ... I … ate .. it … all. :o

Ugh - why do I get into these 'garbage disposal' moods - I even knew what I was doing and now I'm up 1.5 pounds from yesterday. We're leaving on vacation in 1 week and felt like we needed to finish it off instead of get rid of it so I guess I just 'discovered' a new bad dieting habit and I'm going to have to think about how I'm going to plan out the rest of the week as we use up the leftovers, etc. At least our upcoming departure should also result in eating more fruits and vegetables this week as well.

Time to tweak my plan.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    This yoga routine was in my Pinterest feed for Better Sleep:
    ju0tzrpc3ns7.png
  • 363days
    Options
    @lelbarou Your feedback is really encouraging. I had noticed, in the past, that when I didn't eat sugar and grains I felt smaller and I guess I probably was due to no inflammation. It was interesting to hear about your breathing improvement. I just did some tests as part of my regular Doctor visit because my breathing has really gotten shallow, sometimes I have to stop and take a breath during a sentence. I bet this is related to the crap I've been putting into my body. I'm excited to see how this changes things
    @mszoueb Wow, what a ride you must have had. It's always a little surprising when we realize we are somewhere alone, and the potential seriousness of it. I'm glad you were able to get out - shoes intact.
    @lcfa5317 Glad you had fun at the party! It is so important to laugh.
    @jimboden3 It's crazy what is automatic behavior and how we can be "watching" ourselves do it and not be able to stop! Good for you for seeing it.
  • 363days
    Options
    @888Angie888 @lelbarou @azkunk You guys had a great week. Congrats!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    I thinking taking a relaxing day is so important. I think it is great that giving up sugar and grains has helped you especially if they bothered my stomach. My daughter and son-in-law gave up sugar 3 weeks ago. They said it is amazing how many food products have sugar in them. They had to get rid of so much stuff in the cupboards and fridge when they started. I was surprised by some of the food items she told me about. Last night they took a break from it as it was a family gathering and they are right back on it until a one day break for Easter.

@lcfa5317
    I think taking a day off for laughter and fun with family and friends is important to our sanity when we eat carefully.

@red1185
    Take yesterday as a rest day. I am sure your calories will balance out for the rest of the week.

@mszoueb
    Congrats on the loss! It is very frustrating when we have a jump in weight on our weigh in day. It happened to me on Friday. You are doing so great with your activity and eating I am sure your weight will continue to trend down. Your bike ride made made me chuckle as it reminded me of my days riding my bike in the mud as a kid though the being in the woods alone part didn’t. I would have been terrified. Do you ride in the woodland area often?

@jimboden3
    You are down a bit so that is a good thing. My husband is like that when it comes to throwing it out leftovers. I think it goes back to his parents being like that. I try to freeze somethings but not everything tastes good after freezing, I hope you enjoy that vacation. Will you be missing any weigh ins?

@363days
    I think yoga would work good for sleep. I wouldn’t be able to do some of the poses but I am willing to do the ones I can. Last night I was so sore I just sat on the floor and tried some stretches. My family was here and we all agreed we forget how good stretching feels.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.