Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I think it is so cool that your granddaughter wants to talk to you for so long. What great memories. I have a journal for my Grandson, Son, and Daughter that I put notes in, very sporadically, and they don't know about them. When we have a conversation, I write a few lines about something happening in their life that they will enjoy reading years from now. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I go months without writing anything, but they might have some "Covid" memories they had forgotten about.
    @AZkunk have you ever read something about someone and you try to find the post and can't? That is me with your BBQ, sounds like you have a new grill? All food tastes better grilled - hope you enjoy it.
  • 363days
    Options
    weigh in
    pw 171.6
    CW 173.2
    I feel like I'm always looking for the magic that will get me going on my weight loss and it isn't happening. I have to really get off sugar and not so many carbs. Even when I stay under calories, I feel like I have inflammation. Yesterday I had no sugar and that is a win. I'm looking at doing the whole 30 to get a good cleanse. I just don't know if I have the willpower.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Happy Pi Day everyone!!
    TheresaM787
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 126
    CW (Current Weight): 124.5

Got a lot of extra exercise in this week. I need to keep that up. I’m slowly starting to be able to increase my water intake (although, I’m running to the bathroom constantly).

This week I plan to continue to focus on Just One More whether it be one more minute of biking or walking, one more set, or one more glass of water.

Conversely, I began applying Just One More to dessert too 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just One More doesn’t mean one more cookie. I need to get my dessert under control. Eating when not hungry is back. I thought I broke that habit. Need to realize that a few bites to satisfy the craving is better than eating the whole dessert.

I appreciate all of you and your support! Thank you for helping me stay with this new way of life (eating healthier and exercising).
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    I will do a proper check in and catch up on the posts once I get everything ready for today.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I think it is so cool that your granddaughter wants to talk to you for so long. What great memories. I have a journal for my Grandson, Son, and Daughter that I put notes in, very sporadically, and they don't know about them. When we have a conversation, I write a few lines about something happening in their life that they will enjoy reading years from now. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I go months without writing anything, but they might have some "Covid" memories they had forgotten about.
    @AZkunk have you ever read something about someone and you try to find the post and can't? That is me with your BBQ, sounds like you have a new grill? All food tastes better grilled - hope you enjoy it.

Yes, many times. I do not have a new grill yet. I met with someone to add a built in BBQ and I talked about spending hours designing it. It will take a few weeks before it’s done and I am so excited.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Our Week 3 Challenge is up and ready for you! A bit of healthy cleaning up, anyone?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10827400/week-3-the-equinox-challenge/p1?new=1
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    weigh in
    pw 171.6
    CW 173.2
    I feel like I'm always looking for the magic that will get me going on my weight loss and it isn't happening. I have to really get off sugar and not so many carbs. Even when I stay under calories, I feel like I have inflammation. Yesterday I had no sugar and that is a win. I'm looking at doing the whole 30 to get a good cleanse. I just don't know if I have the willpower.

@363 You are absolutely right! I went off sugar and grains and I have been feeling better and losing weight a lot faster! You are correct that flour and sugar cause inflammation in the body which creates a number of health problems. I used to have a few chronic problems that have disappeared since this change in diet. You can DO IT! If I can do it, you can too!!!!!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 13
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 79oz
    Steps 2698
    Exercise Rest Day

Yesterday was just a normal family day Saturday, nothing to report haha. Right now I'm sitting in a chair at the salon waiting for my hair to dry. I can't wait to see it all done!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Stupid question here.
    How do you avoid auto sabotaging yourself?
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,098

I ate like crap yesterday. Leftover pizza and pasta. It is my TOM. Trying to let it go and move on today. I spent yesterday still trying to figure out furniture for my renovations. I have chiropractor appt tomorrow night so hopefully will be back exercising soon.
  • azkunk
    Options

Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:172.5
    CW: 173.9
    LTD: 33.1

I knew that I would be up from last week. That weight of 172.5 was one of those one-time lows that give you encouragement but you know it's too good to be true and won't stick. For that reason, I am switching my method to the weekly average that I am using for my health coach. It is a more accurate assessment for the week since I am weighing daily. If I were to have used it last week, I would not have shown such a dramatic loss then and a gain now. I would actually have a very small loss this week.

Well, I got my letter from my old PCP that refused to write it after I pushed back a little and we ordered the rowing machine. It should be here on 3-4 weeks. I am so excited :D I think the added exercise in addition to my steps will get this weight loss really rolling again. I am also excited that the rower will give me a full body workout in 20-30 minutes. I really need to start building muscle but I am not a fan of strength training.
  • 363days
    Options
    @azkunk Oh, that is great. How fun looking forward and planning it.
    @lelbarou Thank you for sharing that it worked for you. How long ago did you cut sugar and grain out of your diet? I'd love to hear more about the change it made for you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Stupid question here.
    How do you avoid auto sabotaging yourself?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/compassion-matters/201407/4-ways-stop-sabotaging-yourself
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

leee73f52exr.png
  • azkunk
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @garn76
    Nice loss!

@missGYST
    Got you for next week. Enjoy your skiing!

@azkunk
    Doing an average weight for the week seems like a sensible plan. Glad you got the letter from the doctor. Night sweats and hot flashes do end. I was so happy to put them behind me.

@mari_moulin
    You sound so busy. Try to make time for yourself each day. I hope things slow down.

@363days
    I love the idea of a journal. I would take weight loss one day at a time. Take time to figure out what works for you. It doesn’t matter if it takes trying several different ways to lose weight. You will find what works for you.

@TheresaM787
    Nice loss! I love your q more plan. I think I will apply it to the exercise bike this week.

@rlaskey2
    Put yesterday behind you as today is a clean slate.

@Tazaria87
    Can’t wait to hear how your hair turns out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    ✅Steps 10,186
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

Yesterday I moved a lot as can be seen by my steps. Today I am sore but I couldn’t rest as I am getting ready for hubby’s birthday get together. The kids we will be here shortly and the grandkids have been here since yesterday morning. I may take a total rest day tomorrow but I will see how I feel tomorrow.

Have a super Sunday!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    p13bmt4naquo.png
    1jllkwmzbwoa.png
    d3twlqtxg8x3.png
    g9u7cr5vuauk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    hhnz9qcuantl.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    3w3z3qe7pdv1.png