Weigh in
    CW - 188
    PW - 188.8
    LT - 77

March 14 check in
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 9781

I'm disappointed with the weigh in, but I didn't eat wonderfully in the past few days. I think I'm thinking about experimenting with fasting. I feel not great and I don't want to eat today, so I'm just planning on having about 600 calories. I will go back to normal tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 14
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 70oz
    Steps 9110
    Exercise Wii sports and jogging in place

Saturday night my daughter was up all night sick. I had to change her bedsheets 3 times and she couldn't get to sleep. All of us were a little exhausted yesterday. I thought about not worrying about my steps and taking another rest day because of it. In the evening though my son wanted me to play Wii Sports with him and I thought, I can totally use this as a workout. We played boxing and then played bowling and I stepped in place whenever it wasn't my turn. Then at the end of the night got the rest of my steps jogging in place next to the couch. I'm proud of myself for hitting my goals even though I was so tired.

My hair appointment went well. I really liked the girl who did my hair. The conversation was nice and she seemed pretty knowledgeable about hair, especially curly hair. I've been to a couple hairdressers who don't know how to work with curly hair and it's usually disastrous. She ended up doing "gray blending" with hilites and they turned out pretty good. A little lighter than I thought they would turn out but the color is growing on me quickly.

There has been some talk in here about going sugar and flour free and I wanted to chime in. I eat a mostly primal diet which includes no sugar or grains. I love the way my body feels without using these ingredients. If I do happen to eat something with sugar/flour (last example would be my husband's birthday cake I made in January) then my stomach revolts and I'm in pain and feel bloated. I've been eating this way since last April. The longer you do it, the easier it gets I think. Also, if anyone wants any recipes for desserts that are free of grains and refined sugar, I've got a few that I've made several times and everyone loves-even people who don't eat the same way.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,351
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

Yesterday went really well. I am still really sore today. I feel like I need a complete rest day but I want to try for 7/7 on my step goal. I am going to do some stretching today to see if I can reduce the stiffness. My hips and lower back are the worst. I always have been guilty of not stretching enough. I will see how I feel after my coffee and I might go for a short walk.

I was surprised my weight was down even after eating Chinese food but I had a big spike in my weight after binging on Friday. We are having leftovers tonight and I probably will have a piece of cake. I am not going to eat a lot and I will drink a lot of water today so hopefully my weight will continue to come down.

I gave myself a check on tracking but nothing was weighed or measured. I used a generic entry in my diary for an assorted plate of Chinese food. I entered 2 plates even though I had one to hopefully overcome some discrepancies. I didn’t have an actual calorie count for the cake so it was another generic entry. Would you guys still consider this successful tracking? My supper will be tracked the same way today.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Congrats on the loss! It is very frustrating when we have a jump in weight on our weigh in day. It happened to me on Friday. You are doing so great with your activity and eating I am sure your weight will continue to trend down. Your bike ride made made me chuckle as it reminded me of my days riding my bike in the mud as a kid though the being in the woods alone part didn’t. I would have been terrified. Do you ride in the woodland area often?

Thank you, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting to see this morning given that I had stayed within calories from what I gather. The muddiness made it feel more like a MTB bike ride than usual, there was a stretch of mud I somehow got through then went up a bit of a hill then met the next mud stretch and my tyres got stuck.

I don't get out on my bike often as I'd like as I don't feel too safe when having to go on roads etc. I hadn't been on the route I was in a good while, I do quite enjoy the straightish stretch it covers apart from the dark tunnel that you go through to get from one side to the other. Was certainly an eventful ride!

Thanks @363days for your comment too!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/14: 7,251
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Just a reminder ... I need the following people's steps ASAP so I can post the results

@Piqueaboo -3/12 & 3/13
    @Z1ORtza- 3/11, 3/12 & 3/13
    Thanks Ladies :)

Yes! Sorry!
    Friday 12, 11 974
    Saturday13, 13 196
    Sunday 14, 13 031

Thank you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Don’t be disappointed in your loss. You had a huge loss last week. With fasting for most days I try to do 16:8. The weekends my eating window tends to be a bit bigger. I think we have to make sure we do a fast that will work for us. For myself, if I did a longer fast or ate for 5 and fasted for 2 it would trigger my binge eating. I am not a breakfast eater anyway and I like that I can put more calories towards my supper and evening snack. Also, make sure you get all your calories in during your eating window. I am definitely no expert on fasting but there some in the group that have been doing it for awhile.

@Tazaria87
    You have inspired me to get off my butt and at least get my steps in today. I might message you to get some recipes the next time I have family over. My granddaughter is vegetarian, my son is trying to eat no sugar/gluten/vegetarian and my daughter no sugar. I would love to make a dinner to satisfy everyone. Does everyone in your family follow the primal diet or just you?

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Weigh in
    CW - 288
    PW - 288.8
    LT - 77

March 14 check in
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 9781

I'm disappointed with the weigh in, but I didn't eat wonderfully in the past few days. I think I'm thinking about experimenting with fasting. I feel not great and I don't want to eat today, so I'm just planning on having about 600 calories. I will go back to normal tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day!

I guess this was wishful thinking! LOL I put a 1 instead of a 2 in front of my weight! HA HA!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Quick stop here

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11-> 10.762 steps
    12-> 4.780 steps
    13-> 9.470 steps
    14-> 9.368 steps

Weight @lindamtuck2018
    131,9 kg = 290,8 lbs
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @tazaria87 I'm so sorry your daughter was that sick. I remember those days and it broke my heart to see my kids sick! I hope this isn't something that goes around the family. I'm glad to know eating grain free and sugar free has been a help to your weight loss. Today is day 2 and for some reason, I don't have cravings, YET. I am not yet going to take you up on the dessert recipes, it is too early in the game and I'm afraid it would send me to the dark side. It is motivating to hear your experience.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

@Tazaria87
    You have inspired me to get off my butt and at least get my steps in today. I might message you to get some recipes the next time I have family over. My granddaughter is vegetarian, my son is trying to eat no sugar/gluten/vegetarian and my daughter no sugar. I would love to make a dinner to satisfy everyone. Does everyone in your family follow the primal diet or just you?

We make a lot of veggie curries and asian stirfrys with sauces you could do as veggie that are grain and refined sugar free if that is something everyone would eat. My husband eats the same way I do. My kids eat some of the meals we make, just not the spicy ones. They eat a lot of the same snacks we do too but I also have snack options for them in the house that I don't eat. And I have bread in the house for them, they like toast/sandwiches.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    3/15 Monday
    35 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    3,500 steps

Hope everyone is having a great Monday
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/15 Monday
    35 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    3,500 steps

Hope everyone is having a great Monday

Missing steps for 3/14
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Sunday, 3/14

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅✅✅
    Exercise 30 min brisk walking 5x /wk:: ❔❔❔❔❔

Not bad for a Sunday which is usually my lazy day. I was down 0.1 today. Decided to let my daughter go back to the dance studio again after a whole year of zooming. It has become clear that she needs this for her mental health and with the spread at a low level we decided to let her go. I am vaccinated but my husband is still not. Our state is on track to open up vaccination for his age group by April. We will feel a lot less anxious once he is vaccinated.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    CW = 190.2
    PW = 190.2

Steps -= 7,982
    Biking-= 60 minutes

03/15
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/14: 19,999
    If I saw that last night, I would have taken just one more step...🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! Are you still following the plan the dietitian gave you?

@azkunk
    Great job meeting your macros. I can’t imagine the agonizing decisions that parents have to make with the pandemic. I watch my daughter make them this last year and it has been tough on her. The pandemic has been hard on children.

@lcfa5317
    Great job on steps and biking.

@Bluetail6
    I am glad you are safe.

@888Angie888
    Your steps are impressive anyway!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Ok, not only am I glad to be home.... I am very grateful to be home. We're having another "snow day," not as bad as last week. Anyway, to get home we have to go down this hill. I'm driving down the hill, there is a truck pulling out of a parking lot on the passenger side. My husband is in the passenger seat.... This a$$h@#e doesn't stop at the stop sign. The stop sign is at the bottom of a short hill leading out of the parking lot. I had no time to even honk my horn.... I hit my brakes, it was as if I were stomping on the gas... swerve enough to the left to barely, and I seriously mean barely, avoid being badly t-boned on the passenger side. I have to immediately swerve back to the right as there is a car coming up the hill toward us!! The car coming up the hill did NOT slow down at first. I stop. The car coming up the hill drives by. The drivers eyes are as big as saucers. Hubs and I just stare at each other. I put on my hazards. I am melting snow with my language, I was just so freaked out. The truck that almost t-boned us pulls up alongside... I roll down my window.... All he and the passenger could say over and over is "we are so sorry, we are so sorry..." I erupted with, YOU STOP AT A STOP SIGN." "I COULD HAVE KILLED THOSE PEOPLE IN THAT CAR"!!! "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED MY HUSBAND."!!! They were saying something else, when I put my palm up to say, enough, wound up my window and drove off.... Ok, and I sincerely mean no offense to my warm climate friends.... They had California plates.... Some days it's best not to leave the house...

Oh yeah, hubs totally complimented me on how I kept my cool, controlled the skid, and got us out of that f*^k#d situation. I'll post more tomorrow. Lee

I live in California and we have some really bad drivers here ..no offense taken ...just glad that you and your husband are okay ....hugs
This discussion has been closed.