Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,630 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I have officially upped my daily goal to 6,000 during the week.
    (Idk how that will look on weekends, but I will do what I can.)

I had you at 6000 from when you signed up ...You got this :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 24
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 97oz
    Steps 9065
    Exercise 26min Inc Dance Fit

I would love to start walking outside again with the weather warming up. As much as I love my dances, the fresh air is always great. Unfortunately, it's been raining all week here but hopefully soon! Last night I spent a couple hours pulling stuff out of the storage room in the basement and organizing it. I turned on a show and tagged stuff for the sale while I watched. Anything I got done with then got put in the spare bedroom to keep it out of the way. I knew we had a lot of stuff but as I was pulling stuff out I kept finding boxes I had forgot about haha. I'm going to need to do some work during the days too, not just nights, I think. After I take my son to school today I'm hoping my daughter will spend some time with me in the basement going through toys. Usually she likes "helping" me with my projects.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining our team...Please welcome @missysave0612 :)
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thank you for the welcome. :smiley: Excited to get focused again. This is my first group and tried MFP out years ago and loved it, so thought it would be a great time to jump back in. I'm a 41 yr old born and raised Ohio resident wanting to be able to get out and play with my dogs (Duke (rott), Link (Husky), Nanuq (Husky) this spring/summer. I have struggled with my weight since I had my son (he is now 19). I lost my best friend and soul mate in September of 2020, along with our wonderful Ohio weather, my recover process has been eating. With the great encouragement of my son and doctors, I am now in the mindset of self care. :smiley: I'm one of those people who know what to do, it's just hard for me to do it. (Great advise giver, just not to myself LOL)
    I'm working from home (go into the office once a wk), which has been hard on me as I love people and to be honest...my kitchen is way to close to my office! I'm excited to get to know everyone and give/receive encouragement through this process! Have a blessed day!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    It’s a loss so you are still going in the right direction. Your loss so far this year is amazing!

@Tazaria87
    Spring and fall are the best time for walking. The temperature is perfect. We go back to rain for a few days tomorrow.

@missysave0612
    Welcome to the team! We are here to help you in anyway we can.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 153.2
    LTD: 40.8

I'm excited to be closing in on a new decade.😀😀
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Bike 50 minutes 14 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 5,100
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/24 Steps 10,078
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Wow, Lee! What a fantastic loss!

@888Angie888
    A loss is a loss!

@Tazaria87
    It can be a daunting task to declutter and/or get rid of old clothing. Lots of work, but it feels so good when you're done!

@missysave0612
    Welcome to the team! Self-care is so important. I'm sorry for your loss. I love that you have three dogs:)

• iradi8
    Options
    @missGYST
    Skiing does take some stamina. Now you have a goal for next year's ski season:) I can't ski any more because of my knees:( I need a knee replacement. Banff and Lake Louise are absolutely beautiful. Very nice loss!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That has got to feel good to have such great health benefits as a result of your hard work and dedication! Very nice!

@lindamtuck2018
    Hope your ear feels better soon. Look at all of those green checks! Fantastic!

@roz0810
    Wonderful loss! Looks like those adjustment worked well for you.

@lelbarou
    Look at you go with those steps! It doesn't seem that long ago that you were having to take it easy with the walking. You are rocking it!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/25
    11,277 steps
    30 minutes indoor bike

• heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @alphaelijoe and @missysave0612
    Welcome to our group!

@lelbarou
    Wowzers, that’s a lot of job opportunities! I hope you get offered your top pick!! Let us know how it goes.

@missGYST and @red1185 I love Banff too! I am so incredibly lucky because I only live a 4 hour drive from Banff, and I tend to go a couple times a year. My BFF and I are talking about a trip in early May – but it depends on Covid #s which are on the rise here in Alberta (again). I used to ski in Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper when I was younger. It really is amazing skiing. My favorite was Sunshine. I thought it was so cool I could ski across the provincial border! LOL

@lindamtuck2018
    I love SMART goals! I train a course on mental wellness, and one of the modules is about self care and managing stress. I trained is yesterday where I talked about SMART goals and got all the participants to make their own goals after I shared a few of mine. I told them I lost 70 pounds in the last year, and much of it I attribute to creating SMART goals for myself. One of my current ones is I will drink 54 ounces of water every day. It is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. :smiley: I think I would benefit from a re-eval of my goals though to help me get back on track.

I remembered to weigh in this morning!
    Weigh-in
    PW: 370.0
    CW: 370.6
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 oh. Oops. Haha!!!
    Steps for 3/25: 8,877.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thank you for the welcome. :smiley: Excited to get focused again. This is my first group and tried MFP out years ago and loved it, so thought it would be a great time to jump back in. I'm a 41 yr old born and raised Ohio resident wanting to be able to get out and play with my dogs (Duke (rott), Link (Husky), Nanuq (Husky) this spring/summer. I have struggled with my weight since I had my son (he is now 19). I lost my best friend and soul mate in September of 2020, along with our wonderful Ohio weather, my recover process has been eating. With the great encouragement of my son and doctors, I am now in the mindset of self care. :smiley: I'm one of those people who know what to do, it's just hard for me to do it. (Great advise giver, just not to myself LOL)
    I'm working from home (go into the office once a wk), which has been hard on me as I love people and to be honest...my kitchen is way to close to my office! I'm excited to get to know everyone and give/receive encouragement through this process! Have a blessed day!!

Welcome to our very talkative amazing team .....I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota and a Husky named Aspen ...Aspen is my walking partner along with my daughter ...Dakota's hips won't let him go so he gets his exercise in the backyard ...I have always loved the Rotts but never owned one ..I hope you love our team and best of luck to you on your journey :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much @iradi8 yes looks like it is working for me. I'm glad I realised sooner than later!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 25
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 10709

I ended up doing one walk instead of two as I felt pretty tired yesterday! I'm still ahead of my competition a little bit, but this is the last day of the challenge and I want to win. I won't always be so focused on this, but I just want to respond to an implied comment that I couldn't win. Ahhh! NOT. I can win! For sure! Ha Ha!

@lindamtuck2018 - Thank you for your encouragement about my steps! Thank you also to @heatherbluebell and @iradi8 for your support and encouragement about my increased step count! woooohoooo!

@Bluetail6 - Awesome Loss! You just keep Killing it! So Amazing!

@lindamtuck2018 - As far as the job situation it is really only theoretical at this point. I don't have the two interviews till next week! I might not do well. Also, there are other issues at hand such as seniority etc because I am in a union. If I match someone else, but they have more seniority, then they will get the job for example. I have decided I will take what comes. I think the chances I get offered both are not super high, but I will take the one offered. My only caveat is seeing how the lower level interview job interview goes. The manager was a bit snappy with me about a question and I was put off. I will see if she is kind or not. If she isn't, I'm rejecting hat offer for sure.

Thanks @heatherbluebell about your comments about my job opportunites. As mentioned above it's all a bit theoretical and hypothetical now. We will see what happens.
    I'm leaning toward taking the higher level course, but I might not get an offer for this one!

@missysave0612 - Welcome! Thank you for sharing something about yourself and your life. It's good to get to know about you! Love the sounds of your dogs. I'm awfully sorry about the loss of your soul mate. That has to be absolutely crushing. I'm not surprised you have sought comfort in food. It must be extremely difficult to move forward. Great job for taking action and joining us here. I love the fact that you have dogs. You can see Megan's dogs above. Just super cute! Welcome to our group! We are here for you! Let's get this done together. Alone it's so hard, but together WE CAN DO IT!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oh No! It' raining most of today! Guess who is going out in the rain to get their steps! YEP. ME!
    LOL And no I'm not obsessed. Well, maybe, but only temporarlily!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 18,501

Took a nice walk with an old coworker and did a boxing workout.
This discussion has been closed.