WEEK ONE “I Will” March 1 - March 7, 2021 🌼🌸

Options
13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Just thought I'd send you some extra hugs 🤗🌺💗 as we head into the weekend.

Week One: Working on any paper(s) that I have had a problem starting or finishing what needs to be done with them, beginning with everything in the 'telephone book drawer'.

💥🐯💥 (This week I will focus on the 'paper phone book drawer')

March 1: 💥🐯💥
    March 2: 💥🐯💥
    March 3: 💥🐯💥
    March 4: 💥🐯💥
    March 5: 💥🐯💥

🤠🌺

@texasgardnr
    Thank you dear heart. This really helped.

I haven’t had a time like this with my food in the past 5+ years. Working to get it back in line, but I keep being unsuccessful...I’m not giving up. I hope you have a terrific weekend.
    Maddie 💕.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,879 Member
    Options
    Oh Maddie....
    I haven’t had a time like this with my food in the past 5+ years. Working to get it back in line, but I keep being unsuccessful...I’m not giving up. I hope you have a terrific weekend.
    Maddie 💕.

Maintenance is always quite the journey. We are constantly being given new challenges and must always be on the lookout for creative ways to beat down the devil inside. As a serial yo yo er the 5 year mark is something which has happened to me before.. I have no "advice" except stay off the rollercoaster! Forgive yourself for yesterday and do not try to make up the calories you have been over. Start today at maintenance and leave some extra cals for AFTER dinner if you are having snack attacks then. I found over the years that the more I tried to eat less the next day the more I failed and ended up with days on end of overeating.

Anyway, that is my MAIN approach to maintaining these days. Just staying off that damn up and down thing.

bON
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh Maddie....
    Maddie 💕.

Maintenance is always quite the journey. We are constantly being given new challenges and must always be on the lookout for creative ways to beat down the devil inside. As a serial yo yo er the 5 year mark is something which has happened to me before.. I have no "advice" except stay off the rollercoaster! Forgive yourself for yesterday and do not try to make up the calories you have been over. Start today at maintenance and leave some extra cals for AFTER dinner if you are having snack attacks then. I found over the years that the more I tried to eat less the next day the more I failed and ended up with days on end of overeating.

Anyway, that is my MAIN approach to maintaining these days. Just staying off that damn up and down thing.

bON

Thank you bON - very helpful advice.
    I will do as you suggested.
    I think I’ll plan out the food for the day as well, so at least I have a plan that will hit maintenance calories.

I’m Also returning to some of my mindfulness & health related guided visualizations.

Am also realizing I’m embarrassed. Counteracting that by reminding myself this is a “chronic relapsing disease” & embarrassment will surely cause regain.
    Building up my Warrior Stance. Ha!

Thanks again,
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I’m setting a 3-day goal.
    I will eat fewer than 2000 calories on March 1, March 2, & March 3.

To do this, I will:
    1. cut out sugar & salty foods. Instead of cookies, I will eat apples & carrots.
    2. Ask my husband to hide the cookies DONE
    3. I will eat at least 15oz total of fruit & veg each day at 3 meals.
    4. I will not use nuts as a snack...instead I will use string cheese or Freggies!
    5. Before each meal, I’ll recite. “My body’s my ally, my friend for life.” & give myself a huge hug. Maybe even have a little dance!

🌺🌸🌼🌸🌺🌼🌸🌸🌺🌸🌸🌺🌼🌼
    March 1 calories ✅+ex, ✅no sugar ✅freggies ❌nuts/snack
    1/3 ✅ Ally- one meal (forgot)

March 2 ❌✅❌✅❌1/3

Restarting my 3 days March 3 - will take a bit to get this in place.

March 3 ✅+ex, ❌, ✅, ✅, Ally - 0/3 forgot
    Successes:
    * did Not go back into kitchen at night
    * limited sugar
    * Ex is staying at high level despite grief & fatigue from meds.
    March 4 too many calories, great exercise
    March 5 too many calories, great exercise

Restart March 6
    Thanks to @SummerSkier, I followed her advice & added a WOE that would keep my appetite at bay.

What I came up with is
    2,100 cals per day
    I have B, L, D
    And Breakfast Top-Up
    Lunch Top Up & Dinner Top-Up

The Meal + the Top Up each have to equal 700 calories today. I won’t gain on that with my regular hike.

I set exact times for all 6 eating “events” lol
    9:30 AM B
    12:00 PM B T-U
    2.30 PM L
    5:00 PM L T-U
    7:30 D
    9:00 D T-U

I wanted to snack around 11:30, and I said just wait 30 minutes, and then I had the largish snack,
    At 2:30 I was actually hungry, but my the time I cooked it 3pm.

More routine. Constraints. I Will know if this is working after 3-7 days. If it isn’t, I will have meal & timing framework, and I can remove calories as needed (and I’ll know where I can most easily give up those calories.)

Thanks again @SummerSkier ... your “permission” to me to let the e tea 400 cals from yesterday go was spot on. Establishing a maintenance calorie goal was too. Funny, I’ve recommended that to others & knew of it, but when I get worried about regain, I guess much of that goes replaced by emotions. You helped!!! TY TY

#MaddieOnTheRoadAgain😃
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm proud of you for not giving into all those potential negative feelings that wait around the corners for when we slip up or struggle with keeping on track or target. And also for you jumping right into your new plan, while being aware if it might need a bit of tweaking or not! You got this! Hugs 🤗👍

@SummerSkier those were wise words of advice that you shared with Maddie, and also the rest of us. Thank you!

Week One: Working on any paper(s) that I have had a problem starting or finishing what needs to be done with them, beginning with everything in the 'telephone book drawer'.

💥🐯💥 (This week I will focus on the 'paper phone book drawer')

March 1: 💥🐯💥
    March 2: 💥🐯💥
    March 3: 💥🐯💥
    March 4: 💥🐯💥
    March 5: 💥🐯💥
    March 6: 💥🐯💥

Well, I made progress this week. I knew that this part will most likely be the most tedious as I must carefully check that anything I'm entering is actually current as notes on random paper are many and often not dated. Also this was/ is a shared information space over these many years.
    The careful checking has already paid off so that is good. Some people who live out of state have changed numbers or addresses and I need to be sure which is actually the latest one. And I am making decisions if I actually need every bit of information that wandered across the threshold of the Telephone Book Drawer.

It will be easier when I get to the next older book and papers as many things won't be relevant anymore, and also because I will have the current information already entered.

🤠🌺
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Oh Maddie....
    Maddie 💕.

bON

Thank you bON - very helpful advice.
    I will do as you suggested.
    I think I’ll plan out the food for the day as well, so at least I have a plan that will hit maintenance calories.

I’m Also returning to some of my mindfulness & health related guided visualizations.

Am also realizing I’m embarrassed. Counteracting that by reminding myself this is a “chronic relapsing disease” & embarrassment will surely cause regain.
    Building up my Warrior Stance. Ha!

Thanks again,
    Maddie

I was nodding as I read @SummerSkier’s response. Maintenance certainly has its challenges especially when we are under stress. Losing weight is hard but in my experience maintaining your weight isn’t any easier. It’s been 8 years for me now (all on MFP!) and I certainly have days when I just wish I didn’t have to think about my portion sizes and food choices. But I know that’s a slippery slope because if I don’t pay attention the pounds will certainly return.

Maddie, you’ve been through a lot recently. Be kind to yourself and celebrate the small and big wins!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Well today is the last day of the first week challenge and tomorrow starts a new week!

@texasgardnr you are quite brave to tackle the address/phone book. I can remember when my mom passed trying to find #s for some of her older friends (she had long since slipped into dementia) to notify them and we never did find her old address book/planner. Of course her handwriting was impossible to read anyway. It sounds like you have made some excellent progress and have a good way forward!

@MadisonMolly2017 yes the shame and feelings of failure are part of the devil. But when you stop and look at how FAR you have come then you can also beat it down. I am humbled that my little words are helpful to you and others. It's just my experience talking when I reflect on how the weight came back and why the bad days seemed to string together without being able to shake them. Thank you for sharing your journey and struggles here with us as it helps all of us learn!

And this week turned out to be a lot more stressful than I thought it would be but next week will be a new start. I have 2 TASKS I want to accomplish today which if I set aside an hour should be more than doable (procrastination is my middle name sometimes).

As far as the Employment scam. Well yesterday I printed off all the documents I had submitted to them electronically and put them in an envelope and mailed them to their Fraud Department also. So I think I have taken all steps I can and will just have to remain (as always) vigilant for additional scams. I would like to let this particular thing go and start fresh next week with something but I have not quite put my finger on what that shall be. My spring declutterfest project continues very very slowly (filing and destroying bills which are in a massive pile) with my mostly just stemming the bleeding at this point and putting the new ones in the right place. I figure if I actually do THAT for a year then the rest will be easy to just trash/shred as they will be all outdated anyway... LOL

Good Sunday morning to all and looking forward to seeing a new week pop up!

bON
  • themedalist
    Options
    @SummerSkier I echo Maddie's response to your post about your having identity fraud happen to you 😱😢. I am also truly so very sorry that you are going through this.

And @znaoiec Oh, my goodness, I am also so sorry that you too are going through this identity fraud.

Hugs 🤗 💗 to both of you.

🤠🌺

Yes, I am so sorry to hear this is affecting you both. There’s enough stress with the pandemic and the horrible storms @SummerSkier and @texasgardnr had to deal with (not sure if you were impacted @znaoiec) recently, this is just too much.

• themedalist
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »

I have a saying that I wrote down and put on my work table so I see it constantly. Pretty sure it's a James Clear quote but not 100%. It says:
    "The problem isn't lack of motivation. The problem is lack of clarity."

Week 1 of March: I WILL find clarity in my goals (process and purpose), and decide what habits need to be established to achieve each goal.

Yup, that is James Clear. The reason habits folks recommend starting with small, tiny habits is because a small step requires less motivation to do. Ideally, it shouldn’t require any motivation to do, It should be effortless and so easy that no push from us is needed. I find that overcoming inertia always requires a bit of effort. The getting started part is always a hurdle, but if the step action itself is small, that helps a lot.

He also mentions that motivation typically occurs after we start an action or new habit, and not as a catalyst for getting started. Once we are in motion it’s easier to stay in motion and once we’ve made progress it’s easier to keep at it.

Great goal for th week, @nebslp. Clearly identifying what we want is the first step!
  • themedalist
    Options
    The small step I am taking this week and wanting to build into a habit is drinking more water. I drink plenty of fluids but it’s mostly coffee and tea. I could use more water. I’m going to use my enjoyment of coffee and tea as an incentive to drink more water. So:

After I decide that I’m going to have a cup of coffee or tea, I will first have a drink of water. And then have the coffee or tea.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @themedalist are we going to have a new place for week two?
  • themedalist
    Options
    @themedalist are we going to have a new place for week two?

Just posted it! 😀
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    From @texasgardnr
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm proud of you for not giving into all those potential negative feelings that wait around the corners for when we slip up or struggle with keeping on track or target. And also for you jumping right into your new plan, while being aware if it might need a bit of tweaking or not! You got this! Hugs 🤗👍”

Thank you VERY much!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 6 🌟
    March 7. 🌟

🌟 It’s working like a dream. 🌟
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    March 6 🌟
    March 7. 🌟

🌟 It’s working like a dream. 🌟

That is awesome. So glad I was able to help! The other thing I have learned to do which I know you are not a fan of is to just NOT weigh myself all the time. The fluctuations and trends are quite triggering to me, and if I have been on the roller coaster for a few days sometimes seeing the scale continuing to nudge up those first few days when I am back on track sends me off the rails again. Anyway, I always try to think long term and because the scale is never perfect I like to you other metrics to make sure I am not failing.

Just more thoughts. Again there are many roads/paths to success.

See you in Week2~
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Maddie, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Sending caring hugs. <3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Maddie, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Sending caring hugs. <3

Thank you so much, @znaoiec. She had a long, wonderful life; I keep focusing on that💕
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier We also went through similar things trying to figure out who and how to contact people after my parents passed away. That is one of the reasons I wanted to get an updated book to reflect our life now.

I am glad that you are hopefully coming to the end of what you can possibly need to do regarding the Employment scam, and can now attend to whatever other projects you want to work on. Good job working on your paper work files/ paper.

@themedalist thanks for posting the second week of March. See you all there.

Well done for March 6 & 7, @MadisonMolly2017 !

🤠🌺