Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Steps for the last few days:
    4/18: 4,734 (I can’t remember if I already uploaded this day)
    4/19: 6,578
    4/20: 8,267
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    Awesome loss!

@TheresaM787
    Great bike ride!

@rwood566
    You are doing so well with the check ins. Is macros something you watched closely before?

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! Do you make anything with the sea glass? I love looking at sea glass jewelry in gift shops when I go to Newfoundland.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,861
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

No walk today as I am trying to stay off my feet after yesterday’s cortisone. My check in will have a little red the next 2 days. I had a big drop in weight again today. I am hoping to hold onto the loss until Friday.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 20
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 122oz
    Steps 9177
    Exercise 24min boxing & 29mins jogging in place

My dad is changing jobs, and doesn't start until tomorrow, so he has had a few days off this week. It had been a little bit since we boxed together, so yesterday after I dropped my son off at preschool, I headed to Dad's house for a workout. We could both definitely tell it had been a few weeks. I can feel it in my arms and shoulders just a bit today. Boxing doesn't give a ton of steps so I also just jogged in place next to the couch last night to get to my goal.

I made something new for lunch yesterday. After my niece's party last Saturday, I took home some leftover shredded chicken. I used it yesterday, along with homemade bbq sauce, to make a bbq chicken pizza on almond flour crust. It was fantastic. And perfect recovery food after the boxing session haha.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My steps
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/04/2021 9.553 steps
    2/04/2021 8.306 steps
    3/04/2021 21.314 steps
    4/04/2021 8.432 steps

5/04/2021 18.384 steps
    6/04/2021 8.908 steps
    7/04/2021 11.952 steps
    8/04/2021 5.092 steps
    9/04/2021 7.884 steps
    10/04/2021 9.684 steps
    11/04/2021 7.515 steps

12/04/2021 9.228 steps
    13/04/2021 7.604 steps
    14/04/2021 13.262steps
    15/04/2021 15.406 steps
    16/04/2021 8.837 steps
    17/04/2021 8.246 steps
    18/04/2021 9.560 steps

19/04/2021 10.085 steps
    20/04/2021 14.969 steps

My weight
    @lindamtuck2018
    19/04/2021 131.4 kg 289.6 lbs
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/20: 17,876
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    The scale was way up today and I am not sure why. I gave blood yesterday and was expecting a loss just from that ... lol. My rower arrived yesterday and I did two mini workouts that totaled 27 minutes. I am really hoping that this shakes things up and helps me break through this plateau and into the 160s.

Yesterday was good with macros but not exercise. I always feel bad after donating blood, so I just rested. I think part of my problem is that I have gotten lazy with measuring and weighing. I need to tighten that up.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - please change my step goal to 7000. I am going to focus on using the rower as my primary source of exercise.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @rlaskey2 - do you find a lot of shark teeth? I never found anything but sand dollars. If I lived near the beach, I would walk all of the time. I LOVE the ocean.

@rwood566 - sounds like a good day. Is your dizziness getting better?

@iradi8 = nice loss! You are closing in on 60lb LTD, you must be feeling like a new person. Great job!

@lindamtuck2018 - hoping you are feeling good after your injections. I schedule an endocrinology appointment but need to wait until May 19th :(
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan 😁
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles
    Steps 3,500 (that’s what my phone recorded. Although I don’t have my phone on me all of the time)

@azkunk
    Well... how do you like your rower? Two workouts on day one! Sounds like you’re a natural.
    Thank you for donating blood. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well after donating. Hopefully tomorrow you’ll feel better.

@lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations on all ✅s and the loss!!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/20
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps? No idea. My counter broke. Let’s say 2,000.

Do you like the Peloton? I'm thinking of buying one - or perhaps a bike similar to it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 hope you recover soon from your covid injections. With the weight loss it sounds like you are getting your evening eating under control.
    @azkunk Congrats on getting an endocrinologist appointment scheduled. Will enjoy hearing more about what you think of your rower workouts.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 So glad that you were able to get surgery scheduled soon. Wishing you a successful outcome.
    @rlaskey2 love looking at the colors of sea glass. Did you do any of your house in these colors. Do you make mosaics or jewelry with your finds?
    @Tazaria87 love hearing about how you incorporate health and fitness into your family life. So glad that you got to spend time with your dad.

Well, I think that someone is trying to tell me something. In the last few days I have learned why I seek fleeting happiness, how overeating/ shopping is a mechanism to prevent us from feeling and people who delay self gratification are more successful in general and how weight loss causes one to face their fears and question their self identity. I seem to have the food under control again but the shopping is a work in process. Will continue my healthy habits while I struggle with emotions and self identity. I think that a lot of this was triggered by my 1 year anniversary in March and MFP interviewing me. It has really caused a lot of emotions to bubble up and I need to question who I am. It makes me realize how many years that I have identified as fat, incompetent, inconsistent, lazy, an addictive personality and an outsider. It saddens me to think of how little I have valued myself and how much weight I placed on others' words to me.

Thank you so much @Beautyofdreams :) I will be calling tomorrow or Friday to make sure I am on that darn schedule ....
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams thank you so much for what you said. it has reminded me of problems that i have. i really hope you get thru your challenges. keep fighting the good fight.

@lindamtuck2018 i look at them every now and then but i generally don't pay much attention. i've been noticing that more have been high lately though and so i feel i can do better since i'm keeping my calories in check now.

@azkunk congrats on the rower. i hope you're singing or humming that song. hopefully you'll be able to row across the u.s. in a year. my dizziness varies day to day. some days i don't get any and other days it's pretty bad. i'm just trying to stay upright as much as possible and move slowly. grats on giving blood. i'm getting back into it now that i'm lighter. it's really gratifying knowing we are helping someone else. i gained weight right after i gave as well. lol

@lcfa5317 good luck with your depression. i can only imagine how bad it has been for you. i'm glad you may be coming out of it a bit. sorry to hear about your dog.

check-in for 4/21:
    steps - 8264. i'm in for the night since daughter is off today. woohoo.

calories - well under 1800. i even made a small milkshake tonight. i also made a couple for my wife and daughter as a surprise and to make more room in the freezer and fridge.

exercise - i got a walk in after dinner. it was cold but didn't rain. my daughter actually walked most of it with me. woohoo.

we got our littles today but they are shy and skittish since they were taken away from their mom and sister. we're letting them settle in for a day or two. one is a real adventurist but the other is trying to stay hidden. hopefully she'll be more outgoing in a day or so and i'll be able to take a couple pictures.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @rwood566 - are your littles puppies or hitters?

@lcfa5317 - we had our dog’s old age bumps removed because she kept tearing them open. Hopefully, the weather will get spring-like for you soon. The winter blues are real, get out in the sunlight as much as possible.

@Beautyofdreams - I really like the rower. It’s definitely better than my usual “brisk walk”. Your post was very insightful and inspiring. You are doing great work.

@TheresaM787 - I did a couple of beginner videos to work on my form. We’ll see how sore I am tomorrow 😂
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 254
    CW:252.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    It is so nice you work out with your Dad. That pizza sounds amazing!

@Z10Rtza
    Great steps!

@azkunk
    Measuring and weighing is so important. Last night I was shocked how much my chicken thighs weighed. I knew they were bigger pieces than usual but it was almost 200 calories in difference. Those calories add up fast and can eat into a deficit. As for the chicken, I ended up eating it anyway as I was so hungry. 🤦‍♀️

@TheresaM787
    I never have my phone on me so I would end up with very little steps. Great job on your exercise.

@Beautyofdreams
    It is great when you can pinpoint what is causing a problem. I am glad your eating is settling down.

@lcfa5317
    I will carry your weight over. I hope you start feeling better soon.

@rwood566
    You always stay with in calories and get a little treat in. I am impressed.

@roz0810
    Nice loss!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    ❌Steps 1,938
    ❌Sleep
    ❌Walk
    ✅Water

Ok, that’s a lot of red. I forgot to buy coffee on Saturday and I am really missing my cup this morning. Yesterday I was so hungry. I ended up going over calories after I closed my diary. It wasn’t boredom or stress eating. I did my meal plan yesterday as I was going to order our groceries for pick up. Nothing is available until Saturday night so we are going to shop early Saturday morning again this week. When we had COVID and were moving, I used Instacart to have my groceries delivered. It is nice in that you avoid those food cues at the grocery store.

Happy Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.