Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
49o31slvki76.png

Here is your Team chat room for April 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers April team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I struggled for the last half of 2020 and gained about 25 pounds. I made January a reset and now have lost 10 of those pesky pounds. My main source of exercise is walking but I had to cut back due to nerve pain. I start increasing my walks since early this year and I can do up to 30 minutes. I have been increasing my step goal each month by 500 and will again this month. I have been easing myself into biking and weights for the last few weeks. Once the pool opens after covid restrictions are lifted I will be adding in swimming and water fitness.

April goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night.
    2. 5000 steps 6/7 days
    3. Exercise bike 3 times a week
    4. Weights 2 times a week.

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. If you want to participate let her know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself or Megan know.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Can you believe we are already in April? Man does time fly ...My name is Megan and I am co-captain of this amazing team with our amazing captain Linda :) I am also one of the Moderator's of F2F group and I am in charge of recruiting ... I am the one who adds are wonderful newbies to our teams ... I am a single mom to 2 kids...Austin my son who is 21 and in the Navy ...and to my daughter Alyssa who is 15 ...I have home schooled her since she started school...She is a Sophomore in High School...has been on Honor Roll almost every year ...I have 2 grandma cats Mocha and Kylie ....A parrot named Petey which everyone in the neighborhood can hear...and 2 dogs Dakota the German Shepherd and Aspen the Husky ..I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life ... I am wanting to build my dream home in Colorado (hopefully I can make that happen)

If anyone wants to be excused, removed, added to our step challenge please let me know ...All you do is give me a step pledge (the # of steps you want to hit daily) Also I have a step converter chart where you tell me what you did example weight lifting ...how long you did it and if it was light , moderate or heavy and I convert them into steps...I am hoping to see many of you join ...Also I recognize all of you who gave me a pledge of steps each week and I also post the top 5 each week ...and grand finale at the end of the month :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    b2b1gvt7b6xj.png

It's time to set up your April Habit Tracker for our new month starting tomorrow! Just click the link and follow the simple instructions. APRIL HABIT TRACKER

“Habit is a cable; we weave a thread each day, and at last, we cannot break it.” ―Horace Mann
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    vaa96gojcw1o.png

Hi all! We looking for a couple of motivators to help keep up team activity and motivation.

We are looking for active, motivated, consistent individuals to help your team.

Let us know if you are interested in helping out your team. ❤️

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am continuing with the step challenge and I am raising my pledge to 5,000.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am continuing with the step challenge and I am raising my pledge to 5,000.

Awesome and I will change it to 5000 :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    i think i'd like to try the step challenge. may i start at 4k please?

also, with the start of the new f2f tomorrow do i give a new starting weight or just get to use the weight i signed up with?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    i think i'd like to try the step challenge. may i start at 4k please?

also, with the start of the new f2f tomorrow do i give a new starting weight or just get to use the weight i signed up with?

Awesome... glad you want to join .... I will add you with your step goal :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I will be doing the new step challenge spread sheet tomorrow morning ...Please let me know if you want to be excused, removed added etc ASAP Thank you :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for March 27
    logging - yes
    exercise - no
    Steps - 0 (never put on fitbit)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please keep me at 8000 steps for the coming week.
    Thank you.

Well. It was another terrible day yesterday. Again, there was some binging. Not as bad as Friday, but some. Other than work stress, a big stress in my life is the continual and constant disappointment in other people. I know that I am faulty and fallible, but I know what I'm able and willing to do for another person and it is most often not reciprocated. I really have one person on the whole planet that I feel I can actually count on. Most people cannot be counted on at all. Also, I know I put people on a sliding scale. Most people come out pretty low on the scale unfortunately and I trust very, very few people. Thank you @iradi8 and @lindamtuck2018 for saying something kind about my binge. It doesn't go unnoticed. It's so easy to cheer someone when they are doing well, but then people seem to disappear off the face of the earth when you dive into the depts of crap.

Anyway, there is some truth for you about my thoughts and how I feel.

Thanks for listening.
  • AlphaEliJoe
    AlphaEliJoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would also like to try the step challenge at 4000 for now. I will be jogging/running/walking, doing yoga and aerobics.
    Also, is this the week where we give the new weigh in numbers? I weighed yesterday just in case a number other than the entry number was needed.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566 and @AlphaEliJoe
    The weight you signed up with is your starting weight. When you weigh in this week this will be your week one weight. I will post a reminder of your weigh in the day before and weigh in day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Changing your perceptions of people can be hard. Humans are not perfect and will come with many flaws. Some worse than others. I am sorry it is hard for you to trust people. I am the opposite and trust too many which ultimately leads to hurt but the good people balance it out. It is good that you are a kind giving person. I think it is learning to do for others with out expecting it to be returned. Just use your kindness to make yourself feel good and proud of you. On the binge, stress is my number one cause of binge eating. You have to get rid of the stress. I went as far as to move to remove my stress. Is there someone you can talk to that can help with changing that scale you use to measure humans? It might help with the stress and prevent further binges. You can pm me anytime.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Well. It was another terrible day yesterday. Again, there was some binging. Not as bad as Friday, but some. Other than work stress, a big stress in my life is the continual and constant disappointment in other people. I know that I am faulty and fallible, but I know what I'm able and willing to do for another person and it is most often not reciprocated. I really have one person on the whole planet that I feel I can actually count on. Most people cannot be counted on at all. Also, I know I put people on a sliding scale. Most people come out pretty low on the scale unfortunately and I trust very, very few people. Thank you @iradi8 and @lindamtuck2018 for saying something kind about my binge. It doesn't go unnoticed. It's so easy to cheer someone when they are doing well, but then people seem to disappear off the face of the earth when you dive into the depts of crap.

Anyway, there is some truth for you about my thoughts and how I feel.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Lel,

I read this and if it's any consolation, I am feeling similar in regards to others and myself. I am a mix on the trust front. Additionally it seems that ghosting is another pandemic going on. I find it can happen from anyone in your life and damn it hurts. I've tried to casually communicate with them, but for whatever reason that I'm not aware of, they don't wish to open up about anything going on in their life so, lead balloons the connection as it's like a onesided boat of effort.

It can just feel so faceless at times seeing content on social media like two trains passing one another.. in comparison the deeper connection you can get from direct communication with each other. It's the ebb and flow of life, but doesn't take away from how it feels I suppose.

I feel I am understanding and I get it, life happens and it's totally their prerogative to what they say or do, but damn, how far do you even justify and the lost potential of the connection pains me.

As hard as it can be to lose connections, it also makes way for new energy to enter in your life, who are more reciprocal. Just keep being you as it'll all fall into place in time :)
  • lelbarou
    Options
    Hi Linda Thank you for your comments. I think a lot of the stress is work related. I have those two upcoming job interviews, but I'm freaking out. I'm wondering maybe if it's not the right time to take on more work. I do have the one permanent part-time, but the IELTS class if I get it will really stress me out. Not just the content, but the numbers are often low. This is a big source of stress because classes get cut according to numbers. Hmmm. It's very hard for me to judge what is best for me. Sometimes I put practical work considerations first, and this hurts my health.

As far as how I judge others. It seems to be a thing I do without meaning too. I'm not sure how I can work on this. However, I do rate people. A lot of people fail! Ha Ha! But seriously this is true and what I do.

Anyway, thank you for all you do Linda. I have to seriously consider priroritizing my stress and wellbeing against work.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Username: TheresaM787
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122.5
    CW (Current Weight): 122

Looking forward to reading everyone’s comments later on today. Right now, it’s time for yard work - fun 🤦🏻‍♀️

Happy Sunday and chat later 😄
  • lelbarou
    Options
    @mszoueb - Thank you for your post. The recent friend who let me down is someone I have known for a very long time and so it does hurt. I'm lucky that I have one true friend I guess. Some people don't like to go deep at all. I also have one sister who has many limitations, but I accept her as she is my sister and she does her best.. Anyway, I sometimes go down into the rabbit hole and stay a few days, but I will get out of it. Thank you for your understanding and compassion. Yes. And maybe better things and people are around the corner...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    lprak4k45rog.png

April Week 1 Challenge is UP! Please join in for some April showers of progress and commitment.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828588/april-showers-week-1-challenge#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Awesome loss! You are getting so close to goal. That has to be exciting!
This discussion has been closed.