Replies

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Friday 04/16 steps = 9,836
    Saturday 04/17 steps= 10,908
    Sunday 04/18 steps = 9,062 plus 45 minutes indoor biking
    lcfa5317

It was a big birthday for my husband today & I had a small party with neighborhood friends last night . It was the first time since the pandemic that we had people inside the house. We had lots of fun, but I drank wine & ate guacamole (along with other food.) it felt so good to laugh & hug again.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 234
    CW: 233.4

----
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

Had a reasonably active week this past week. On Monday, I did over 11k steps on a socially distanced nature walk with a friend and two other days just took dogs out on a 30/40min walk round the block. I'm off out for another walk this morning with same friend, I've potentially got myself a walking buddy with this friend which would be great on a number of levels, my friend has a goal to run 1000 miles this year.

As far as I'm aware, I stayed under weekly cals for expected 1lb amount, would of been good if it actually happened, but I did eat close to the amount and I am on last day of my monthly cycle today so maybe it'll start to go back down in due course. I'm two pounds away from a total loss of 2 stone (28lb) yay!

I'm still not fully decided about food for birthday celebrations in a few days time, torn between getting some yummy things at supermarket or a takeaway. At the minute, I'm leaning more to the supermarket option which would mean my no takeaway duration extending, which would be cool, but I'll see how I feel.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I need the following steps from these people

@Piqueaboo 4/12-4/17
    @azkunk 4/11-4/17
    @Tazaria87 - 4/16 & 4/17
    @lcfa5317 -4/16 & 4/17
    @missysave0612 -4/14-4/17
    @transparentenigma 4/12-4/17
    @Bluetail6 4/12- 4/17

I will be zeroing them out Monday Evening ...Thanks for your cooperation :):)
    • Monday 12/04 10 275
    • Tuesday 13/04 10 712
    • Wednesday 14/04 15 127
    • Thursday 15/04 11 902
    • Friday 16/04 7 967
    • Saturday 17/04 12 589
    • Sunday 18/04 8 742

Thank you @Megan_smartiepants1970 !!

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Apr 19, 2021)
    PW: 211.6
    CW: 206.3
    SW: 240

So, I really didn't lose more than 5 pounds this week as much as I was artificially heavy when I 'gained' 2 pounds last week but the bottom line is that the trend is down so I'm happy with the progress even if the pathway is filled with hills and valleys along the way. We had a great time in Bloomington, Indiana on Friday taking our 2nd daughter out for her 21st birthday (earlier in the week) but we're from St. Louis so it needed to be a weekend and anyway, I'm sure she's rather celebrate with her friends on the actual birthday. I was worried that eating out over the weekend would kick back my progress but I made good decisions (and still enjoyed myself) with some healthy but tasty options (always easier when you're going to nice restaurants over fast food). This Friday we'll be moving our oldest daughter to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She graduated college and started her job last fall but has been working from home all this time (it didn't make sense to pay rent and still be working remotely). She's a Research Assistant with the University Pittsburgh Medical Center and has had both vaccines for a while now and they're ready to start bringing people back (splitting the group out to just 1-2 days onsite a week but it's a path back to normalcy). Anyway, I doubt we'll be eating 'fine dining' food this time so my goal is to limit the salt & fat. Of course Susan and I are happy to see our first born start to live life on her own but of course it's bittersweet. I guess one very small silver lining of the COVID lockdown was that we got to spend extra time with her. Of course it doesn't make up for all of the tragedy of lost life, jobs, mental health, etc. so many people have suffered so I'm mindful of how fortunate we've been through all of this.

I've really enjoyed the new rower but am not yet into a routine as I've been so busy but this is the week I dedicate myself! It took nearly a week to get setup as I thought I was missing a part but once I got it together, it's been fun to use. I've been focusing on my form more so than breaking a sweat as I really want to make sure I'm doing it right so that I get the most out of the machine. The version I bought is a little more complex to use than the typical one since my feet are moving back and forth instead of my butt. This seems to work my core/abdomen more than my legs (or maybe my midsection is just more out of shape :) so it's more noticeable). I've still not put the exercise room back together yet so I'll include a picture later this week or this coming Monday on my next weigh in.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    congrats to our team's winners. the other teams brought in ringers against our mighty team. lol

@Tazaria87 i'm amazed at how much you do. i'd be dead after the zoo. speaking of, where are you at? we have a famous zoo here in san diego.

@azkunk good luck with your westie. i'm glad the blood work found something wrong. now they can start pointing at it and hopefully getting you feeling better.

checkin for 4/18:

steps - 2528. just hit the store today otherwise sat around the house.

calories - barely under my 1800. had a burger for dinner without cheese and my first corn on the cob of the season.

exercise - nope. day off, but i tried to go to the zoo. it was sold out. i'll be walking early in the a.m.

have a great week, everyone.

I go to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 92oz
    Steps 9807
    Exercise 65min walk around the lake

So I kind of posted this yesterday too but I got up in the morning and had to go to the sale to pick up my unsold items. Didn't have to bring any big items home so that was fantastic. Sold way more books than I thought I would, and came home with only a couple bins worth of stuff. I ended up selling 133 items! And the check gets mailed out today. I think we're gonna use it to start building our bar in the basement.

After that, we went on a family walk around the lake. My husband couldn't come because of work, so it was me and my kids and both of my parents. Then we just hung out at my parents house for the day. Sat outside, played cards, made dinner- it was a nice day.

Today my nieces are here, and I'm going to try and get some housework done.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,519 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    I admire your willpower. It would have been so easy just to have both. Those family walks sounds like fun. You are exercising but getting quality family time.

@TheresaM787
    Great exercise day!

@Beautyofdreams
    Nice loss!

@azkunk
    I hope your dog feels better soon. It will be nice to have a reason for your health issues so i hope you get your scans soon.

@lcfa5317
    Nice steps on the weekend!

@rwood566
    Now i want to go to the zoo! It is a fun way to get some exercise.

@mszoueb
    Awesome loss! Keep up what you have been doing and you will pass the 2 stone in no time.

@jimboden3
    Amazing loss! I am impressed that you did this while eating out.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    4/18 steps: 4,734
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,187
    ✅Sleep
    ❌Walk
    ✅Water

No walk yesterday as planned but i did move more than I thought I would. I am feeling a lot more energetic today than i was all weekend. I was so tired and headachy which probably had something to do with the vaccine. I am going to head out for my walk soon and hopefully i can get some housework accomplished today. I am aiming for all green tomorrow.

Have a great Monday!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/18: 12,998
    Daily mini-workout ❌--I somehow totally forgot about it???? I did get out for some run/walk intervals in the morning, so the day wasn't totally sedentary. The daily mini-workout plan starts again today.

Happy Monday!🌺
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,084 Member
    Options
    Been on the phone for the last hour .... I am not on the schedule for surgery .... Got a hold of my Dr's office ...they are not sure why I am not on the schedule but will let me know by the end of the day....Very frustrated to say the least ....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Surgery is set for 4/28/21 since I was not on the schedule for 4/21/21
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

this sounds unbelievably frustrating. I'm sorry
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - not my best week

j6id2rsdwo1u.jpeg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

this sounds unbelievably frustrating. I'm sorry

It is and thank you...will be checking in soon with them to make sure I am on that schedule for 4/28
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    4/19
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 4,500
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Spent 2 days last week bingeing and the last three days eating just under maintenance. Weight dropped back into the 140s today despite the over eating. Have felt really empty and depressed for the past month and have been filling it with shopping and food. Still exercising at least and logging for the most part though. Got chased off the exercise equipment at the rec center in the morning but went back after my counseling session and finished my workout. Discussed the difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is fleeting and external while joy comes from within and how my overeating and shopping were trying to fill an emptiness with temporary happiness. Also saw podiatrist last week and discussed skin grafts since the bottom of my right foot has ceased to heal and saw my GP Friday. She wants me to call the transplant team and discuss my medication change with them since cortisol levels are not what they should be and I am still light headed though no longer fainting. From what I understand about cortisol it enables your body to deal with added stresses.
This discussion has been closed.