CW 221.8 ( -1.6 lbs)
    LTD 47.2 :)

Awesome loss Megan!

Thank you Linda :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    I agree with everything @azkunk told you. The emergency room seems like a good place to go to get things started.

@azkunk
    I think you are doing great. I find it hard some days to fit my walk in and I am retired. Does your Apple Watch auto recognize your walks? My Fitbit hasn’t been picking mine up some days and I am getting frustrated.

I recognizes a brisk walk over a certain pace. Yesterday, it recognized 10 minutes which I think is accurate
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

I have been through a lot .... I will be calling them this afternoon if I do not hear from them ....No stress fractures from the podiatrist ...he doesn't know why my feet throb especially at night ...but I do have arthritis in my left ankle ...getting older sucks LOL

Glad there’s no stress fracture but it’s frustrating not having a real answer
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,625 Member
    Options

I have been through a lot .... I will be calling them this afternoon if I do not hear from them ....No stress fractures from the podiatrist ...he doesn't know why my feet throb especially at night ...but I do have arthritis in my left ankle ...getting older sucks LOL

Glad there’s no stress fracture but it’s frustrating not having a real answer

It is very frustrating ...I go back to the podiatrist in 6 weeks
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/15: 16,858
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting Weight): 249 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 210.4 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 207.4 lbs

Big jump this week! I was so well-behaved!! It could be my real weight or the new spot in my bathroom I place my scale on lol. I'm starting to feel more motivated because I'm shifting the weight quite quickly, last time this happened I plateaued after a while so want to enjoy this as long as I can before the certain plateau...

Jump roping is definitely here to stay and I started Kayla Itsine's new Low Impact training, I'm loving it so far although my dumbells are too heavy for me, but I think that means I'll develop more strength quickly.

Tonight is my cheat meal and I'm so excited to find out what I'll order!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 15,042

Walked in the am with a neighbor then went to a furniture store to try to figure out what to buy for one of the rooms we renovated. Ended up making an appt to have someone come here and help with layout and suggestions since I have been making myself nuts trying to figure out what will looks best. Came back and did my boxing workout. Dinner was turkey enchilada stuffed poblanos with rice and beans. Was a little bit of work since you have to roast peppers then peal all the skin off.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @azkunk yes the 45 minutes is nuts, the mornings which I usually do are about a half hour door to door. Today I have to do both drop off and pick up since my neighbor left for school vacation week, the nerve! Can’t wait to get them both on the bus again next year.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 you’ve been great on here. Don’t feel bad or guilty at all. I hope you get some relief soon for your feet.

Steps:
    4/12: 5,138
    4/14: 7,432
    4/15: 10,382 (no wonder I was so tired yesterday!)

I’m very concerned about the scale tomorrow. This week I’ve had a high salt intake, and several glasses of wine, and a margarita on Monday. Ugh....
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor for my two week post-op check (three days early). She gave me the all clear, and I can go back to normal activities. Now I have to make sure I don't do too much at first! I am ready to get back to exercising. I never thought I'd say that.

I am so thankful to have been on this journey to better health since August. My blood pressure today was 110/70 and my resting pulse is in the low 60s. My A1C was 5.0. My cholesterol is a little high at 213, but that is much lower than it used to be. I was so nervous to have general anesthesia, but being in better health definitely made me feel better about it.

I will get on the treadmill later today and start out slowly. In the past, I know that I might not have gone back to my healthier way of eating and exercising after a forced break like this. I would have gotten away from it and never looked back. It just feels good to eat and it tastes good. I am all about taste and variety. I grew up in New Orleans, so everything is about food.

I can honestly say that this time is so different than any other time I have lost weight. My mindset is just different. I have support here. I have encouragement here. Even though there is no judgement here, I find that keeping my diary open and being in this group where I report my weight and being in the step challenge really helps me to be accountable. These are all great tools that are helping me so much.

Anyway, thanks for being here, everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,625 Member
    Options
    I still have not heard from them about my pre-op ...if I do not hear from them by 2pm I will be calling them ... I do not want this to be rescheduled ...my room-mate is taking off a week to take care of me so I don't want to waste his time ..I am not good playing the waiting game lol
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    04/15
    Steps = 12,650
    Another gray day, but I went for a walk with a friend which helped tremendously.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Awesome loss!

@Piqueaboo
    Great loss! You are getting close to onderland. Keep it up because what you are doing is definitely working.

@rlaskey2
    Amazing steps!

@red1185
    If you are up you know what caused it. Why are all the yummy things so high in calories?

@iradi8
    Glad your post op check went well. It is good to know the group is working to help you on your weight loss journey.

@lcfa5317
    Nice steps!

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations on hitting all four of your daily goals! That’s great that both you and your husband are getting your vaccinations. I love that you video chat with your granddaughter and play games together.
    I’m sorry to hear that COVID is spreading by you. and your husband’s job may be temporary affected. I like you’re goal of working on managing the COVID related stress and anxiety, with the nighttime snacking.
    Please take it easy on yourself. This is a stressful time. Do the best you can, be proud of your accomplishments. When one of my students has a down day, I ask him to write down everything that he’s achieved, over the past week, month and quarter. When he misses a goal, I remind him to review his list. Nobody is perfect. Just do your best.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I hope you heard back about your surgery, and received a date. Fingers crossed for you. Congratulations on your loss! That’s awesome Megan👏👏👏👏

Peloton 35 minutes, 9 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 10,200
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I have been so forgetful lately. In my last message I said that you can remove the "excused" and that I would weigh in next week. Well, I completely forgot that I already did that three days ago! LOL. I was looking at our team spreadsheet and saw that my weight was the same and thought I was still excused. So, I went to my weight log and looked at Tuesday. Sure enough I was the same weight. Oh, my. My brain is not working properly these days. Haha.
    Anyway, wanted to clear up confusion, so just ignore my last message to you:)
This discussion has been closed.