Active April Challenge 2021

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
It's Active April folks.
The word "active" is a loaded word.
Not only can it apply to exercise, but it can also mean "characterized by action rather than by contemplation or speculation."

Time to get fit or act on your goals whatever they may be.
I know, I know! How the hades are you going to get active when you're stuck in your home like some awful apocalypse movie? NEAT, all of the bazillion YouTube vids and workout streaming services, home gym, walking outside in areas where you can distance from people-that's how. And for non-exercise goals, start actively pursuing them as best you can with what you have to work with. Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "better". Improvements, even if they're slight or baby steps, are still progress.

We can do this!
No need to make your "heart gargle in your throat." Unless that's what you're into. ;) Or to win all the life trophies.
Active April is about making your goal an improvement in your fitness or life. As Elizabeth Benton always says, "Whatever constitutes an improvement for YOU. Do that."

So whether you want to train for a 5k or 10k, sleep better, get more serious about logging, start HIITing your head off, or just start exercising, period, it's all good.
If your exercise is already on-point, but you'd like to increase your daily NEAT burn, that's a great target as well. (What is NEAT, consult this thread from which I have been inspired: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1)

Go ahead and post your goals.
Update us daily and receive encouragement, workout suggestions, and support from your compatriots in the challenge.
Go get it! Make change!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    My Goals are:

Pre-log meals
    drink 120 oz of water
    exercise 6 days a week
    Keep carbs under 27g
    no eating after 8pm
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Last month of Beast...so #1 do all the workouts...#2 keep to the nutrition plan...#3 be active gardening!!!

so...by the end of april I should have some exciting new changes to my body as well as some exciting new changes in my yard and gardens
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    drink my water
    keep carbs down
    throw away extra food that will tempt me
    no eating after 6pm
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @brenn24179 love your April goals...I will follow suit...thx!! I am 3 weeks off processed sugar so cravings don't bother "so far"...you are doing great!!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    🌷🌸April Goals🌸🌷

Hit my 350 minute weekly “Active Minutes” consistently
    Continue with my food plan—it’s working so far! (Albeit s.l.o.w.l.y.)
    Do something nice for someone else every day.....a bit of a challenge in our current stage of lockdown
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Weekly Active April goals

Strength training-once a week with coach, once on my own
    Yoga, Elliptical, Spin class, bike trainer or outdoor ride each once a week
    Daily logging, prelogging when possible
    Keep total carbs below 50

I feel like I need to get in 20-30 min of cardio before work each day since I may not be able to fit it in during lunch. On a work deadline but it's important to eat. Probably can't fit both in daily on lunch break.
  • StephanieAnn20
    StephanieAnn20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weekly Active April Goals!
    Workout 40 min - at least 3 times per week! (RockBox Kickboxing)
    Stretches at least 2x / day (knee issues)
    Find a place near my job to walk for at least 15 minutes / day.
    No "cheat days" for the entire month... my cheat days tend to turn into cheat DAYS!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    The gym reopens this month! My plan pre gym reopening is 1 work out per week and 3 runs and then after the gym reopens I’m aiming for 2-3 gym sessions a week and running home from work twice per week 😊
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Quick entry - adjusting to a new job in an office (with REAL PEOPLE... and a cat that seems to have adopted the place) has meant no change in weight and a struggle to get past just Treadmill and Spin Bike before being shattered with work.

Also this past week was the last week before a new tax year in the UK and it has been all hands to the pumps at work with late hours.

So... Hoping to put a new Libre sensor on my healed up arms on Sunday and back at it on Monday...

The knee issue from end Feb/March has eased, and focussing on the latest rehab exercises from my physio.

Tennis lesson on Monday and upcoming golf now that they have been reintroduced back into civilisation here in the UK, and will try and get out on the golf course as much as possible as and when I can on my Mondays or more likely Fridays. With only two days a week and the weekends to run my own sports site, it is pretty full on at the moment!

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    I think I'm going to switch up my goals...I do fine on getting my regular workouts, but I'm slipping on my morning/afternoon walks during the week...which is no only cutting me short on my activity, but making my stressed way too much at work...I need those for my sanity...so my #1 goal is to get at least 10 min of stairs before work and both of my walk breaks every day, not just a M-F...

4/1 - no morning stairs, but did both the walks
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    4/1
    Strength training-once a week with coach, once on my own- not yet
    Yoga, Elliptical, Spin class, bike trainer or outdoor ride each once a week- no/yes/no/yes
    Daily logging, prelogging when possible- yes
    Keep total carbs below 50-no

Double workout yesterday and went slightly over on carbs (piece of italian bread)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Active April goals:
    1. Watch those macros and calories
    2. Improve NEAT
    3. I’m going to focus on mouth health too- floss more frequently to make cleanings a breeze!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    April 1-2

It’s a 4 day weekend here and I’ve managed to avoid all the Easter candy in my house! I don’t even want it. Mind. Blown.

Cals 🐰🐰
    Carbs 🐰🐰
    Exercise 🐰
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    4/2 - stairs and walking, plus some extra walking when I had to pick up college boy after his run, so it was a great day...did my planned workouts plus kept to calorie goals...great way to get it going!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    April 1-2:
    Cals: check
    activity: check
    logging: check

Tomorrow is no-logging day. But I MUST get back to logging on Sunday.
    Lotta dumb spring cleaning stuff to do around the house today.
    Oh and I was rewarded finally after 2 weeks with a 1lb loss of the Quarantine Chub. 14lb to go.