Active April Challenge 2021

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/1-4/2
    Good day on the 1st for calories and macros but yesterday the candy cravings got me so I went over on calories but carbs weren’t terrible. Neat and flossing done yesterday too. Today’s focus will be on not eating because I’m bored. That doesn’t help goals at all.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/3
    Well it started off being a good day on calories and carbs then my saboteur struck- Easter donuts anyone? So, yeah. We’ll finish off these beauties today and get back on track Monday.

I squeaked out my move goal with lots of NEAT while doing housework or just jogging in place. And I knocked out flossing- we’ll see how consistent I stay with this!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    4/3

Carbs 🐰
    Cals. 🐰
    Exercise —-

I think I’m going to switch it up from keto to low carb for awhile. I know I’m not eating enough and I’m pretty sure my electrolytes are off. I’ll start about 75g per day and go from there.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    4/3
    Well it started off being a good day on calories and carbs then my saboteur struck- Easter donuts anyone? So, yeah. We’ll finish off these beauties today and get back on track Monday.

I squeaked out my move goal with lots of NEAT while doing housework or just jogging in place. And I knocked out flossing- we’ll see how consistent I stay with this!

Friggin' SAME! :rage: I'll try to get a good walk in to offset some. I love my hubby, but he is just impossible.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/4
    @baconslave uh yeah, that is basically all I’ve eaten today and I’m so over sweets! I killed NEAT and exercise and took good care of the teeth and gums today. So glad to be back to my normal routine tomorrow to better control what I eat. While I like time off (idle hands and all that), hubs takes full advantage of cheat foods that I end up partaking in. Damn willpower! Now to get him into a mindset of better choices for both our sakes.
  • baconslave
    Options
    April 4th:
    Easter happened... :unamused: Sabotaged but moving on.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/4

Cals✅
    Carbs✅
    Exercise✅

Ok on the whole. Feeling kinda meh. I hope everyone had a good Easter/Passover/Sunday!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    4/1-4/5
    Strength training-once a week with coach, once on my own- ✔
    Yoga, Elliptical, Spin class, bike trainer or outdoor ride each once a week- ❌✔✔✔
    Daily logging, prelogging when possible- ✔
    Keep total carbs below 50-✔✔❌✔

Took measurements, no change from January and the scale hasn't budged but my jeans fit a little better. Go figure.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/5

Cals ✅
    carbs✅
    Exercise ❌

2 out of 3.....

• baconslave
    Options
    April 5:
    Cals: check
    activity: check. Long yard-walk. Glorious day out.
    logging: check

I'm due to do strength today, but I'll just walk. Had my first Covid vax yesterday and my evil shoulder is behaving as expected. Some twinges in the lymph nodes off and on and the non-evil shoulder is being a little fussy. Sore at injection site but I was able to lay on it while sleeping. So not that much of a biggie. No worse than the flu shot ever was. My Sjogren's symptoms are acting up a bit though. :unamused:

Anywho. I shall get to walk hopefully like I did yesterday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    4/5 .... food okay ..over on carbs ....my goal was to walk 10 miles ..I came close to that yesterday but didn't quite make it ....we walked 9.06 miles .... Won't be walking outside until Thursday due to my daughter being quite busy in home school :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    April 5:

I'm due to do strength today, but I'll just walk. Had my first Covid vax yesterday and my evil shoulder is behaving as expected. Some twinges in the lymph nodes off and on and the non-evil shoulder is being a little fussy. Sore at injection site but I was able to lay on it while sleeping. So not that much of a biggie. No worse than the flu shot ever was. My Sjogren's symptoms are acting up a bit though. :unamused:

That’s awesome you were able to get the vaccine. Sorry it’s bugging you a bit.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/6
    All goals ✅. I snacked on roasted peanuts after dinner and could have cut those back by half and been satisfied but had under eaten throughout the day. At least I’m mindful of it and will work on ignoring those snacking vibes when they creep up. Tuesday’s are my worst day for sitting on meetings but I got some NEAT in while off camera. It is supposed to be another beautiful day so I plan to get outside and enjoy it and plant a few bushes.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    april has been good so far...doing the stairs almost all the days, and doing the walking every day...we are about to hit 3 days of rain so that will be a challenge, but hopefully one I can live up to and do indoor walking/stairs even when the weather is bad
  • baconslave
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    April 5:

That’s awesome you were able to get the vaccine. Sorry it’s bugging you a bit.

I shouldn't complain. The only reason I could is that there are so many anti-vaccine people here and so people aren't getting the shot. I know I am lucky and am so grateful that 5/7 of my "immediate" family are now vaccinated. I just need to wait for them to finish their trials for younger kids.

April 6:
    activity: check. Long yard-walk. Another glorious day out.

Not sure what fitness is going to look like today. We'll see. I'll do something, not sure which. I've learned the lesson about overexercising a weakness.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/7
    I went over on calories a bit today but macros were good so I’ll live with the overage. I got in some NEAT plus exercise but was feeling tired today so wasn’t as active as normal and allergies are kicking my butt. I’m going to try some acupuncture tomorrow to see if that helps. About to head up and take care of the teeth and gums for the day so overall not a bad day.

On a side note I’ve had some NSV’s- shorts from last year are fitting better than before so while my weight has fluctuated, my shape is changing.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/7

Weirdest weather! Started off snowy, ended up sunny. We should be well past this. My daffodils are sad.

Cals and carbs a bust. At least I managed to rein it in before I went over maintenance. No exercise either. Ugh. Well, it’ll all still be here tomorrow.

• baconslave
    Options
    April 7:
    Cals: meh
    activity: check. Long yard-walk.Too gorgeous.
    logging: meh

Logging was on-point until it wasn't. Things kinda hit the fan, so while I'm sure it was a little too much it wasn't over maintenance. But then, if I could eyeball worth a crap and my appetite worked properly, I wouldn't be having to take off Quarantine Chub, now would I? Should be better today. I really need to do strength. It will help that rain is coming in. But my joints are being sassy today. I weighed and I'm up a half pound. Sounds like I'm back in my old pattern. Scale derps around for weeks, then finally lets a tiny bit go. *sigh* Oh well, tis what it tis.