Active April Challenge 2021

Options

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    4/7 Goals all met for week 1 except over carbs on Easter and did not get to my yoga.

Yesterday was a good day with extra strength training, quick indoor wog before work then 40 min outdoor walk after work
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    4/8

Weather still crazy. Snow! hail! sun! Much better day for eating, and I did manage 11K steps.

I’m up .8 lb from this time last week which is super annoying. Wrong direction, scale! Do your job!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    April 8:
    Cals: check
    activity: check. yardwalk interrupted by rain so achieve the steps via a Leslie vid.
    logging: check

I was supposed to do strength, but I went to workout...my oldest daughter put the materials she brought home to make kits for her volunteering gig...all over the workout room...so... I didn't have time to rig something elsewhere in the house to make it work so I just walked. I'm not about to carry 3 sets of dumbbells up stairs. So maybe I'll dig out a bodyweight video and steal part of another room up here to make something work today. I'm hoping she gets her kits made over the weekend. I have such a hard time increasing my strength due to the chronic fatigue and I really don't want to regress too much. And also, I just finally caved and bought myself a bench. To do chest presses and flys and other goodies.

Blab blab blather...

Have a great weekend, folks. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/8

Weather still crazy. Snow! hail! sun! Much better day for eating, and I did manage 11K steps.

I’m up .8 lb from this time last week which is super annoying. Wrong direction, scale! Do your job!

Mine is .4lb up, but it might as well be +80 with how mad I am about it. But I know I did have a vax this week and my lymph nodes tell me inflammation is happening. No matter how your rational brain knows it's just a blip, it's still INFURIATING. Well, if you are me, anyway. :smirk: Hang in there.
  • Ringbearer2
    edited April 2021
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    April 8:
    Cals: check
    activity: check. yardwalk interrupted by rain so achieve the steps via a Leslie vid.
    logging: check

I was supposed to do strength, but I went to workout...my oldest daughter put the materials she brought home to make kits for her volunteering gig...all over the workout room...so... I didn't have time to rig something elsewhere in the house to make it work so I just walked. I'm not about to carry 3 sets of dumbbells up stairs. So maybe I'll dig out a bodyweight video and steal part of another room up here to make something work today. I'm hoping she gets her kits made over the weekend. I have such a hard time increasing my strength due to the chronic fatigue and I really don't want to regress too much. And also, I just finally caved and bought myself a bench. To do chest presses and flys and other goodies.

Blab blab blather...

Have a great weekend, folks. :smile:

Oh I get the kid spread. Hard to get mad about it when it’s for a good cause, but I’m sure I’d still manage.

😀
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/9
    Calories and carbs a bit over goal due to being lazy and just having protein pancakes with sugar free syrup for dinner because I didn’t plan well. Not awful I. The whole scheme of things. NEAT could also have been better as I got comfy in the couch and napped and caught some shows. In fairness I had met my move goals. Mediocre day in my book. Allergies still have me functioning at less than optimal but I’m working thru it. Hoping my acupuncture works in the next week or so.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The gym reopens this month! My plan pre gym reopening is 1 work out per week and 3 runs and then after the gym reopens I’m aiming for 2-3 gym sessions a week and running home from work twice per week 😊

I have been doing really well nailing the running so far this month. The gym reopens this week and I've made a plan to make it happen. I've been doing really well logging and sticking close to my cals and I've been rewarding with a 1.5kg loss :)
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/10
    Hit all goals but it was another day where the sun was out and I just wanted to sit on the patio and enjoy it. I did some reading and had a white claw so NEAT probably could have been better had I been more active. I did meet my move target for the day so no complaints. I had a big salad for dinner and was completely stuffed so didn’t finish everything like I normally would. The turn in weather seems to be affecting appetite which I’m totally fine with. (Doesn’t mean I’m not finishing all my calories though)
  • G0ldengirl68
    G0ldengirl68 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I just joined, and find the OP right on about being stuck at home. I do my walking around our apartment complex, I'm in a Senior Apt. so not too many people outside sadly. But I really enjoy the walks on clear (not rainy) days, and I don't get bored going round and round :D I like to cook except when I just feel burned out on doing it. Fortunate to have picked up on bodyweight exercises (followed Mark Lauren for a time) and I picked mostly upper body because walking has really done a lot for my legs, and losing fat.

I feel, in many ways, finding out I am a Type 2 Diabetic might be the best thing that's happened to me. Just since Jan. 2021 when I was diagnosed, I hit the videos and forums that talk about how to get your numbers down by eating lower carbs. It's working like a charm for me. I didn't have too far to go but T2 motivated me to drop the breads, chips, and other carbs. I read labels closer etc.

Just wanted to chime in here and will get into the Diabetic section as well, best wishes in everyone meeting their goals!

PS I still eat carbs but lower glycemic, and try not to go over 40-50. I lean towards Keto macro-percentages but not necessarily my goal at this point.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/11
    Today wasn’t great in terms of carbs and calories but I hit my other goals. I was fairly active even though it was rainy and gray. I started the day with some stress which likely triggered my snacking throughout the day and poor planning (dog having seizures). Hopefully tomorrow goes back to boring normal with the routine, food and home life!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    4/10-4/11

Cals ✅❌
    Carbs✅✅
    Exercise❌✅

Yesterday we finally had a gorgeous spring day. Hubs and I walked up to the vintner who sells “to go” wine in the park. We sat in the sun with a view of the river, then walked down to the river and back to our house. It was a perfect afternoon!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    4/11
    Today wasn’t great in terms of carbs and calories but I hit my other goals. I was fairly active even though it was rainy and gray. I started the day with some stress which likely triggered my snacking throughout the day and poor planning (dog having seizures). Hopefully tomorrow goes back to boring normal with the routine, food and home life!

I hope your sweet doggo is ok!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    I just joined, and find the OP right on about being stuck at home. I do my walking around our apartment complex, I'm in a Senior Apt. so not too many people outside sadly. But I really enjoy the walks on clear (not rainy) days, and I don't get bored going round and round :D I like to cook except when I just feel burned out on doing it. Fortunate to have picked up on bodyweight exercises (followed Mark Lauren for a time) and I picked mostly upper body because walking has really done a lot for my legs, and losing fat.

I feel, in many ways, finding out I am a Type 2 Diabetic might be the best thing that's happened to me. Just since Jan. 2021 when I was diagnosed, I hit the videos and forums that talk about how to get your numbers down by eating lower carbs. It's working like a charm for me. I didn't have too far to go but T2 motivated me to drop the breads, chips, and other carbs. I read labels closer etc.

Just wanted to chime in here and will get into the Diabetic section as well, best wishes in everyone meeting their goals!

PS I still eat carbs but lower glycemic, and try not to go over 40-50. I lean towards Keto macro-percentages but not necessarily my goal at this point.

Hi and welcome! The stickies at the top of the group page have a wealth of information on diabetes ( and everything else😀).
  • baconslave
    Options

WELCOME!!!
    Sounds like you have a great setup going despite being trapped at home. Gestational diabetes plus watching my mom spiral downward in health due to obesity and diabetes T2 (I knowing I could be next) was what lead me to give keto another shake and use it to lose the weight.

Let us know if you have any questions.
  • JustVickiLynn
    JustVickiLynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just joined! This group looks active and supportive. My goals are:

Log food every day (I'm accountable on this as I report to my DPP class every week)
    Get 15 minutes of exercise every day (discovered Leslie Sansone videos so this is working out well so far)

I noticed that some people say "keeping carbs to 50" along those lines. Is that per meal? My doctor advised me to keep carbs to 45 per meal (three meals) and no more than 15 per snack (two snacks). Keeping carbs to 50 for the whole day seems insurmountable! At least for me . . .
  • YvonnePM
    YvonnePM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's been "suggested" by my doctor that I reduce carbs and track my meals. So here I am tracking every morsel, exercising to YouTube videos and getting motivated every way I can. Fortunately, I'm not alone in this. My daughter is keeping me on track and I'm trying to do the same for her.

I'm reading through the posts and finding many great suggestions that I'm going to work into my program.
  • YvonnePM
    YvonnePM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I neglected to state my goals, so here goes.
    Log my meals daily
    Increase my exercise each week.
    Continue to educate myself on how to get the best results with food choices.
  • taylok23
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/12
    Slacked on calories and carbs today as I wanted to eat all evening- likely because I ate light early in the day. Gotta find a better balance. Both of my other two goals were good- plenty of NEAT and movement and flossed like a boss to keep those teeth and gums healthy. Oh and I lost 2 of the Easter pounds I put on a week ago. Two to go!

@Ringbearer2 the pup is doing better so thanks for the well wishes! I still watch him like a hawk all day just in case. But we got out together and walked this morning to clear both our minds.

Welcome newbies- you’ll learn a lot from this group so feel free to pose your questions and check out the stickies. Both are a wealth of information.