Leslie Sansone April 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

Happy April Fools Day :) No fooling 😁, it really is true that it is time to start the new monthly challenge for April 2021!

Even though it is already "officially" Spring by the calendar, it could still look a bit like winter with some snow falling or hanging around for some of us. And for others there might be much to see on our walks outdoors as the seasons change. Getting out to walk 🏃‍♀️ your miles will ensure that we don't miss the signs of spring like 🌼 and 🌳 and 🦋🐞 or🐛🐦.

Cold or Raining??? Then having Leslie's, or other exercise or walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month 👟📅.

If you find this group any time during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in :) , you are always welcome!

Let's tie up our shoes and get some water, and walk strong, together 😃😉😄,

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group and just got back into working out. I love Leslie Sansone, and I have also joined a walking group in my neighborhood. My goal is 60 miles for April (an average of 2 miles per day).
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome to the April Walk Challenge @RisingAboveIt ! That is great that you have an opportunity to join a walking group in your neighborhood. See you next month 🚶‍♀️.

🤠🌺
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt - Glad you joined us. :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Happy April everyone and welcome to the group @RisingAboveIt Glad you found us.

This month I'm leaving home and heading to Disney World for a girl's trip so I'm not sure how to set my mileage goal. Last month I ended up with 83.5 miles

Milage goal: 105 miles tracked.
    Apple Watch Goal: Walk or run 82.9 Miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    The two strength and one yoga workout thing is working for me, so I'm going with that again this month.

4/1.....35 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    4/2.....30 minutes of Strength & Stamina
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    My April Goal: 60 miles

April 1: 40 minutes elliptical
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt I like your new profile picture! You have a beautiful smile 🌸 . Well done on the elliptical!

@Deeder522 enjoy your trip to Disney World for the girl's trip! You will definitely get in a lot of walking while there!

@AnnofB the two strength and one yoga workout thing definitely did work out well for you last month. Good choice again!

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning indoors, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for me.

April 1: 2.5 hours cleaning, including mopping all the floors
    April 2: 2 hours outdoors & indoors working and/or cleaning

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate the day.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning indoors, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for me.

April 3: 45 minutes indoor walking

April 4: Rest Day!

🤠🌺
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I did a lot of yard work yesterday but didn't track steps or anything, so I didn't log it as my workout. Happy Easter!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt I like your new profile picture! You have a beautiful smile 🌸 . Well done on the elliptical!

🤠🌺

Thank you so much! I hate taking my picture right now since I have gained so much weight, so I was hesitant to post that picture, but I wanted a recent picture instead of clinging to one from about 40 pounds ago, ha ha.
  • AnnofB
    edited April 2021
    Options
    The two strength and one yoga workout thing is working for me, so I'm going with that again this month.

4/3.....30 minutes of 5 Mix & Max Miles
    4/4.....Rest day... 40 minutes gardening
    4/5.....42 minutes of 6 Mix & Mas Miles with a stretchy band, 38 minutes of Burn to the Beat
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for me.

April 5: 60 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, indoor walking. >2 hours deep cleaning

🤠🌺
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 140 Miles plus (at least) 5 days strength training per week

April 1: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 20 min HASfit biceps (modified with light weights for injured arm)
    April 2: 5 Boosted Miles + 17 min HASfit legs
    April 3: 4 Mile Super Challenge + 38 min HASfit muscle building strength for legs w/weights
    April 4: 4 Miles of Ultimate 5 Day + 30 min HASfit butt & legs strength
    April 5: 6 Miles ~ 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 38 min HASfit muscle building strength for legs w/weights
    April 6: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 19 min Winsor Pilates lower body strength

31 out of 140 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

4/5.....42 minutes of 6 Mile Mix with a stretchy band, 38 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    4/6.....34 minutes of 5 Miracle Miles
    4/7.....14 minutes of 3 strength segments and 34 minutes of walking of The 5 Day Walk Plan

Way to go, Mary. Looking good!

Lani - I hope your arm is better!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Well done @VeggieGirlforLife & @AnnofB to you both!!. Yes! I've been wondering about your arm also, especially since your strength has been only for your lower body lately. Hugs 🌼💗 and wishing you a speedy recovery if all is not ok.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for me.

April 5: 60 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, indoor walking. >2 hours deep cleaning
    April 6: 3+ hours outdoors work
    April 7: 60 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, indoor walking. >1 hour deep cleaning

🤠🌺
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    March was a bust, but I am setting a goal for April!! The snow is almost gone, the ice has gone from the lake, the birds are back and the loons are calling so spring is finally in the air! On the negative side, the bugs are also back :grumble: ! I am going for 3 miles a day average this month, rather than any particular workouts. With all the changes that came with retirement, moving, getting this house remodeled, unpacking and COVID, I am still trying to find my workout groove! :laugh: Since my Garmin tacks my miles I have no excuse not to know how many I have throughout the day so 3 miles a day it is!!!!

April-3 miles average/day =90 miles for the month

April 1-Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=1.6 total miles
    April 2-Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=2.8 total miles
    April 3-Vivofit tracked .8 miles=3.6 total miles
    April 4-WAH-5K with a Twist-3 miles=6.6 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=8.5 total miles
    April 5-Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=9.8 miles total
    April 6-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=11.7 total miles
    April 7-WAH-3 Mile Heart Healthy walk=14.7 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=16.4 total miles
    April 9-WAH-5K with a Twist=19.4 total miles

@RisingAboveIt It does not look like the weight you have gained has been in your face at all!!! Your photo is lovely!!! Welcome to the group!

@Deeder522 Have a great time in Disney World! Set your "Disney Miles" and call it good! :laugh:

@AnnofB Gosh, you are so consistent with the strength training. My goal for fall is to get back into the strength workouts. Right now, I just want to get rid of these winter pounds!!! :explode:

@texasgardnr I love how you set time goals and maybe I should have done that more this winter. I was amazed at how few miles I walked while being exhausted every night from unpacking things, cleaning constantly after construction dust, setting up closets etc. Maybe if I had set time goals, I might not have been so discouraged. I need to keep this in mind in the future.

@VeggieGirlforLife Those are some pretty intense leg workouts you have there with no rest day. I know you are frustrated with the arm injury, but be careful not to compensate for it by adding a leg or foot injury. That would be awful! :sick:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options

4/5.....42 minutes of 6 Mile Mix with a stretchy band, 38 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    4/7.....14 minutes of 3 strength segments and 34 minutes of walking of The 5 Day Walk Plan

4/8.....35 minutes of Strength & Stamina and yoga

@zichab - Busy, busy but you are getting it done. Go Girl!
  • zichab
    Options

April 9-WAH-5K with a Twist-3 miles=19.4 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=20.8 total miles
    April 10-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=22.7 total miles
    April 11-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=24.6 total miles
    April 12-WAH iWalk Strong-3 miles=27.6 total miles

• zichab
    Options

April 9-WAH-5K with a Twist-3 miles=19.4 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=20.8 total miles
    April 10-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=22.7 total miles
    April 11-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=24.6 total miles
    April 12-WAH iWalk Strong-3 miles=27.6 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked-1.2 miles=28.8 total miles
    April 13- WAH-3 Mile heart Healthy Walk=31.8 total miles

• AnnofB
    Options

4/8.....Rest day
    4/9.....35 minutes of Strength & Stamina and yoga
    4/10...37 minutes of the 5 Day Walk Plan
    4/11...25 minutes of Candlelight Yoga, 22 minutes of Walk of Fat Fast
    4/12...38 minutes of 3 Fast & Fun Miles