Spring Into a New You (May 2021 Challenge)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Spring is a time of new beginnings. What better time to take that first step to better health? Summer is around the corner! Let's get ready. So this month pick one habit you want to change (or more if you are feeling extra adventurous) for this month whether it be for your WOE, fitness, or mental health. As you know, my challenges are always roll-your-own so feel free to tailor it to you.

Let's get this!

(special thanks to @tcunbeliever for the theme idea. I'm not the most creative creature.)

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 sending you healing vibes!

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Let’s see...the weekend was not kind and I made all kinds of poor choices. So for May I’ll tighten up on the calorie intake and not get so loose on the weekends. I work very hard at exercise so why ruin it by eating things I know will make me miserable?
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    I spent a few hours over the weekend pouring over keto recipes and my recent habits/likes to plan all my meals for the week. Did some food prep yesterday and am looking forward to being more in control of my outcomes. I also signed up for a 5:30 am spin class Wednesday 😜

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Feel better soon! Fingers crossed on getting the drain out. I remember feeling like I was on a leash.
  • baconslave
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Let’s see...the weekend was not kind and I made all kinds of poor choices. So for May I’ll tighten up on the calorie intake and not get so loose on the weekends. I work very hard at exercise so why ruin it by eating things I know will make me miserable?

This is always my issue. A lot of it is Le Grand Saboteur's doing. Why do they have to be so unpredictable?
    And some of it too is poor choices. So for me this month, my challenge is to make each weekend better than the one before since I already mostly have the week-days locked down. And I need to at least move out of sedentary steps. I'm tired and lazy on the weekends and this weekend Le Saboteur had us watch a movie. So my sitter saw a lot of action.

Weekend 1 better than previous: :+1: : Saturday was terrible as usual, but Sunday was much better with portion control and better choices!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,039 Member
    I spent a few hours over the weekend pouring over keto recipes and my recent habits/likes to plan all my meals for the week. Did some food prep yesterday and am looking forward to being more in control of my outcomes. I also signed up for a 5:30 am spin class Wednesday 😜

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Feel better soon! Fingers crossed on getting the drain out. I remember feeling like I was on a leash.

Thank you so much Tish .... I am usually a keto'er but taking a break due to not able to meal prep.....I am a hoarder of keto cookbooks so if you ever need recipes don't hesitate to ask :)
  • txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm very new to the group so I am not quite hip on all the acronyms yet. WOE? I'm sure it's something that will be embarrasingly obvious. :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    I’m ready to recommit to tracking, and not mindless eating, sticking to my calories and doing my workouts.

This past weekend was a long bank holiday weekend in the UK but today is a new week and I’ve started it off well 😊
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    txkajun263 wrote: »
    I'm very new to the group so I am not quite hip on all the acronyms yet. WOE? I'm sure it's something that will be embarrasingly obvious. :)

WOE is short for “ way of eating”. Lots of acronyms on MFP (lol)

Welcome!
  • taylok23
    5/3
    I was over on my calories for the day by about 100 which isn’t terrible. I should have had more protein during the day and then my stomach likely wouldn’t have growled after dinner, prompting a small snack. I did limit myself and also refrained from eating more at lunch because I recognized that I was satisfied and didn’t need to stuff myself. Small victories I suppose.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    I started listening to "Tiny Habits" online, a book about starting new habits in small steps. Hoping it may help!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    30 min strength training Monday
    50 min spin class this morning
    Sticking to my preplanned meals/snacks for the week
    Feeling good about myself :)
  • baconslave
    So
    5/3: perfect
    5/4: Hubby gets the bright idea to do the Mother's Day meal today instead of fighting traffic for takeout on the actual day, after I'd already not fasted all day b/c it was my up-day in cals...so it was a wash.
    I shall move on and make the rest of the days perfect.
  • taylok23
    5/4
    Not a terrible day but still didn’t hit my calorie goals. My saboteur talked me into a small snack after dinner(including a low carb dessert) that I didn’t need in the least. Now to avoid that siren song the next time!