Spring Into a New You (May 2021 Challenge)

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    5/9-10: maintained logging streak on Sunday (with leftovers and so on) only because I did estimate again.

110 g net carbs, 105 g protein and 68 g net carbs, 112 g protein
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    May 11

All I ate today was flank steak and an unadorned enormous cheeseburger. I feel like a caveman. Well, maybe they didn’t have cheese.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    May 11

All I ate today was flank steak and an unadorned enormous cheeseburger. I feel like a caveman. Well, maybe they didn’t have cheese.

sounds like a pretty yummy day though. :smirk:
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    May 12

Woke up craving celery (what?) so my first meal was that with a cpiple of tablespoons of Zaziki. Dinner was rauchwurst with fried cabbage and broccoli. Pretty good day!

Today is Männertag, a ridiculous holiday where all the less than socially upstanding males drag crates and crates of beer to the riverfront and drink all day. I’m relatively sure that’s against our current lockdown rules (who knows, they change every 4 hours) but that won’t stop them. Maybe it’ll rain.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/10-5/12
    I’m not doing so good this month thinking I need to eat all the food. I was pretty carnivore one of the last three days but yesterday had beers on a socially distanced patio for the first time in over a year. That led to more carbs. I’m staying active but can’t out- exercise my food intake so I need to get my head back in the game. Even my logging is getting lax. I’m in a funk and need to dig out so I’m going to make today better!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , I hope you are feeling better.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/13
    As promised, today was much better. I took advantage of the sunny weather and got out to walk which improves my mood. I loaded up on protein and met my calorie goal for the day. My saboteur tried to tempt me with my favorite doughnuts but I wasn’t feeling them and turned him down. I’m going to bed feeling good. It’s another long weekend of work so I’ll have to be careful of my choices but I think I can make it work.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Something is definitely up with my metabolism, wish my dr would get my thyroid results. I did strength training Monday, spin class Wed and ate the same as last week yet my scale has been up a lb a day the last 3 days. Not giving up but trying harder. Will likely just do protein shakes for breakfast and lunch today-Sunday then normal keto dinners. Strength today, outdoor ride tomorrow and spin class Sunday. Read an interesting article about setpoint yesterday which helped my mood, was just disappointed in the scale again this morning.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've been offline more than usual this month, so haven't really planned much...well, I always plan my workouts, and I had lots of social things the first week, and then lots of ugh moments the second week...overall, it's been great...normally when I'm not MFP regular, I end up not logging or tracking, and this time my logging has been all consistent with Mother's day being the only unlogged day...my exercise has been a bit sporadic but since many of the "social events" are things like moving the college boy or gardening for my mother or installing poly and insulation under the house, I've actually been very active even when my formal workouts are slipping a bit...first week was per usual plan, 5 days poverty cals, 2 days maintenance cals...then pms hit and I think this week is more the opposite, I've had 4 maintenance days if you start the week at sunday, so need to get back on the poverty train and slim up a bit more...June is almost here and that's the start of beach time!!!

One habit I want to change - I absolutely want to get in the habit of working out when I'm at the beach house...I do great getting my workouts in at home, but at the beach I tend to just slack off...we do a lot of physical projects there like the yard or home repairs and such, but I really want to build that habit of doing the formal workouts, even if it's just stretching or something light because my body is already exhausted...just something to start enforcing that feeling of "hey I have 15+ min to spare, I should get some workout time in"...that's my goal...I'm not even really late starting because this is our first trip of the month...so, here goes, I need to focus on at least 15 min of deliberate workout every day while at the beach this weekend.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    May 13-14

Cals and carbs and exercise on point. No movement on the scale, but a formerly tight pair of shorts is loose.. wish it were warm enough to wear them.

@rfsatar , that great news about your contract!
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/14-5/15
    It sounds like everyone is getting into the swing of the month with normal ups and downs, myself included. My long weekend of work did impact my choices a bit and I ate at maintenance more than a deficit the last two days. Things could be worse.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    13 mile outdoor ride with a friend Sat and spin class yesterday. Made good food choices all week. Didn't obsessively meal plan for the week, will be doing mostly eggs for breakfast and whey protein shakes for lunch as we are going camping this weekend. Those meals are planned and all low carb. Keto friendly snacks and adult beverages as well. Hiking and kayaking, cannot wait.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Ate maintenance over the weekend and did manage to do some stretching one day...so, that's not as good as doing it every day over the weekend, but it's progress over zero days.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    May 15-17

Food exercise and calories were all fine. I got on the scale this morning and was up 3 pounds? I had an allergic reaction to some salami yesterday and had to take some Benadryl. Do you think that could be the cause?
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 - yes, allergic reactions are always going to include inflammation and that will always include an incredible amount of water retention...give it a couple days for your body to get back to normal and those excess lbs will drop back off.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 - yes, allergic reactions are always going to include inflammation and that will always include an incredible amount of water retention...give it a couple days for your body to get back to normal and those excess lbs will drop back off.

Thanks so much!