May Days Begin!!

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
edited June 2021 in Social Groups
I don't know about the rest of you but the latter part of April was wet and cold here. In fact, here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, we got a small dump of snow on Thursday night.

Hopefully that means the May flowers will be spectacular. Not that we'll see much of them if the government doesn't' stop with the ridiculous lockdown measures...

I am SOOO over covid... I spent the winter in Texas where there weren't any substantial lockdowns.... where they actually followed the science instead of the politics...

Coming back to Canada to find everything still locked down really makes me wonder about our officials (elected and otherwise) but not much we can do...

Bring on the spring, everyone!! Let's get busy!!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I assume Spring in Ottawa is a lot like Spring in Michigan, just a little bit more so. 😉

We're in the thick of Spring blooms, and it's been pretty nice.

7b17yeakbw3e.jpg
    caalybqh24v2.jpg

That's:

Checkered Lily (Fritillaria meleagris)
    Corn-leaf Iris (Iris bucharica)
    A double pink Hellebore a.k.a. Lenten Rose (Helleborus orientalis)
    Trout Lily a.k.a. Dog-tooth Violet, a wildflower (Erythronium americanum)
    Another Helleborus orientalis, deep maroon, near black
    Double Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis, 'flore pleno' or 'multiplex' or similar cultivar, not sure)

Hoping/expecting to start on-water rowing this coming week, in between rainstorms. So far this month, just indoor rowing, indoor biking, outdoor walking, reluctantly restarting some strength training, core workouts.

Covid-wise, I'm fully vaxxed (Pfizer), but still mostly keeping up my isolation routine. Couple of indoor get-togethers with also-vaxxed and cautious friends. Michigan's been spiking again, despite what I personally think is mostly good executive leadership and health infrastructure. Problems are IMO mostly people being $%#* people, and a segment of posturing ideological self-promoters in the legislature 🙄 . . . at the risk of being politically controversial.

Happy Spring, everyone!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Happy Spring, everyone!

Thank you for the list of names. My wife and I will be landscaping in the coming weeks so I'm paying more attention to plants than I've ever done... lol
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    We had the driest April on record, and the records go back to 1870 if I recall correctly. We usually count on rain until July 5 with sun breaks in May and June. It could be another year of big wildfires unless things change soon.

Lilacs are in full splendor. Tulips on the way out. Rhododendrons are blooming like crazy. I ate my first artichokes of the season the other day. Great Camas looks like a purple ocean out in the field.

I had to drive over the mountains yesterday to retrieve a canoe. It was interesting going "back in time" to early Spring; there was still some snow on the pass.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    We had the driest April on record, and the records go back to 1870 if I recall correctly. We usually count on rain until July 5 with sun breaks in May and June. It could be another year of big wildfires unless things change soon.

I would send you the rain we're getting here if I could figure out how...
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options

I'm doing a little volunteer work on MFP. One of the staff (@Alex) sent a note out with a request to the volunteer group. I am passing it on in case anyone here wants to participate. If you do, please send a PM to @Alex. Because she's staff, it will go through. In general, if you send a PM to someone who isn't your friend, they won't get it. In this case, @Alex will get it.

I edited the message, with permission, so it's more concise.
    Alex wrote: »
    Hey folks I have an atypical request. I am planning our next quarterly user panel. For our team they are incredibly valuable and fun and the day once a quarter where we get to spend this hour face to face with a handful of active members is one of my favorites.

Over the past year and a half we have shifted to hosting virtual user panels; we can meet with people all over the world and not just near our San Francisco office.

Each panel has a theme. For our June panel I would like us to focus on our LGBTQ members.

MyFitnessPal hosts a small user panel every quarter where we invite 5-7 members to come in and talk to us about their experience using MyFitnessPal and to hear more about their health and fitness journey. We love giving our teammates the chance to engage directly with our members - and vice versa. We're interested in having you speak about your journey and tell us how we can make MyFitnessPal better.

Our next panel is going to be Wednesday, June 9th from 12:45pm PST - 2:00pm PST and we are hoping to feature members of our LGBTQ community for this panel.

Most of our team doesn't get the privilege of interacting directly with members and our user panels are always one of the highlights of our year! Your feedback and perspective will be heard directly, giving you a chance to let us know how we can improve the app.

Additionally we will give you a free year of MFP premium and ongoing access to provide feedback directly to our team.

Please send me a private message if you are interested and available and we will send you additional details as needed.

Don't send ME a private message. Send it to @Alex.