TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @ab0215 can I rejoin for June BBT? Thanks
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    ab0215 can I rejoin for June BBT? Thanks

Looks like you are! Welcome back! 😊
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am not 'officially' participating for June because of travel out of the country/off grid for two weeks, but I'll check in here when I can, stick to good habits, and be ready to roar in July. YOU GOT THIS TBBT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

The first day of the June Challenge starts tomorrow, while it is still the month of May, so don't get caught napping! So, therefore, the first day of the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge is Sunday, May 30th!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    cqcbaih6k0qu.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7ZCi0Jvp5HZKnuF9EKVBbFTqa7pF0gTbFv03FFPECs/edit?usp=drivesdk
    Highlight the above link and select "sheets" or "open in new window/tab" if you are viewing in the MFP app from your phone! This will allow you to view our current step/water challenge and add your daily numbers.

Please tag me @cmhubbard92 if you are interested in the step/water challenge. You do not need to say anything if you wish to continue with the challenge. :)

Please let me know what your WEEKLY step goal is when joining the challenge! :) Our challenge begins every Sunday, and runs along with the MUAC and weekly weigh ins. I will try to post weekly results by Monday.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday May 30, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 3,501
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hello TBBT!! I am back from vacation and can't wait to get this month started! I am dreading the scale tomorrow to just check in and see what damage I did on vacation. But I enjoyed the break from life and am so ready to get back on track tomorrow! We had so much fun in Boston, I ate all the things you should eat while in Boston and walked so very much lol. Have a wonderful evening and Happy Memorial Day!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I am so glad you had a fun trip! I bet you had some amazing food while you were there! We are glad to have you back and in action for June!

@CJDaniel7 Welcome back to TBBT! We are happy to have you with us! :smile:

@annabananamc I hope you have a wonderful time! Feel free to check in with us anytime, and we'll roll your weight over so you don't have to register again for July! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Good evening!

A late introduction is better than none, I think!

I am Christine, your captain of TBBT! I have struggled the last few months being a consistent poster here in the group-life has definitely been throwing me some curve balls. I'm working on getting better at that!

I am 28 and live in Connecticut. I have two dogs and a cat (I love my fur babies!) and am married to a pretty amazing guy. I have been with TBBT since February 2019, but have been on my weight loss journey since November, 2018. I would say I've been hovering(within 10 pounds) with my weight loss for almost a year now. I had major success when I first joined (I've lost 80+lb), but have not been terribly successful lately! I am working on that as well.

My goals for June are:
    • Log food daily, even if I'm over, stay under weekly goal. (side goal-recalculate calorie goal)
    • Participate in the MUAC, Step & Water challenges daily, check in daily, and respond to group posts throughout the week.
    • Exercise 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes each (Run at least 2 of these days)
    • Prep food the day/night before work each day. Pre-log all food
    • Sleep at least 7 hours nightly.

I am wishing all of TBBT members a successful month! Please, feel free to tag me at any time! I do visit the community daily (most mornings and evenings, sometimes in between!)
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5/30
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracking yes
    Under no
    Exercise no
    Steps 4700
    Water 80

Hello team. Hope June is successful for all of us!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    30th May
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    water: 63oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Sunday 30 May
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Water: 100 oz
    Steps: 8050
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday, May 30th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 28 minute walk

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 11,009
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Welcome to June everyone! Let’s rock it 😊
    I hope everyone is having an amazing memorial weekend!
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Sun, May 31st
    Week 1 - Day 1
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1509
    Exercise - Yes my upper back and arm muscles still haven’t recovered enough to do a Boxing session
    Boxing Y/N? ✖️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
    👟Challenges💧
    13772 Steps
    64oz
    Reminder:
    Boxing Goal (3x’s a week)
    Step Goal: 9000 / Daily; 63000/Wkly
    Caloric Goal: 1721 / Daily = 12047/Wkly
    NetCarb Goal: 30g

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day !!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Hello TBBT!! I am back from vacation and can't wait to get this month started! I am dreading the scale tomorrow to just check in and see what damage I did on vacation. But I enjoyed the break from life and am so ready to get back on track tomorrow! We had so much fun in Boston, I ate all the things you should eat while in Boston and walked so very much lol. Have a wonderful evening and Happy Memorial Day!

Welcome back! Take any pictures? Curious minds want to know!! :*
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Sunday May 30

user name = cjdaniel7
    Date = Sunday May 30, 2021
    Tracked = No
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 9137

• HASWLRS
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    Sunday May 30

Tracked = No

Under = Yes

@CJDaniel7 Just curious, but how do you know you are under if you didn't track your food?
  • cmhubbard92
    edited May 2021
    Options
    m2htmx9d9z2t.png

May Week 4 Step & Water Challenge Results:
    Highest Total Steps:
    @DaffyGirl88 83,193
    @JMTiv1979 82,085

Percentage of Step Goal Complete:
    @maryc11 121.52% (42,531)
    @DaffyGirl88 118.85% (83,193)
    @JMTiv1979 117.26% (82,085)
    @Krysless2 101.19% (63,748)

Water Goal Percentage Complete:
    @cmhubbard92 200.22%
    @JMTiv1979 178.57%
    @DaffyGirl88 142.86%
    @Krysless2 137.05%
    @maryc11 132.81%
    @annabananamc 125.0%
    @roz0810 100.0%
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I am getting ready to post May Week #4 results for the MUAC. You don't have any posts past Wednesday. Any "yes" days for Thursday, Friday or Saturday?
This discussion has been closed.