Bluetail6 Posts: 2,911 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 137
    CW: 139.7

This was a fully clothed weigh-in for an InBody Test. It is a kind of test that breaks down your body composition. Anyway these are my results for last week. I'll have a couple of personal training weight sessions this week, so I expect things to fluctuate for a bit. I will do my regular weigh-in for this week on Friday if that's ok. I will be traveling all day Thursday, and it will better to weigh on my own scale at home on Friday for this week only.

I learned a couple of interesting things about my RMR. I did this test where I did relaxed breathing for 15 minutes and was monitored by a machine. I should be eating 1500 calories before exercise. I was already eating 1500 on two days a week and 1425 on the other days. I'll consider following this recommendation when I get home. It was nice to have the main focus on the other test I took focused on a 12 week personalized exercise program. It was an overall fun experience. I need to lose some body fat mass and gain some muscle. The net effect will get me closer to where I want to be. There was a lot more involved in the testing, but these are the highlights.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @TheresaM787 excellent work with your goals. 1 minute over is good in my book. Grats on your daily walking partner. My advice would be to let him know it can be slow in the beginning, small changes add up, and then I would offer them 'Atomic Habits'.

Check in for 6/21:
    Steps - 13805. Sore feet tonight.
    Calories - 1530 I think. High cal breakfast but salad for lunch.
    Exercise - 5.8 mile walk in a.m., 7 machines at gym in afternoon.

Thank you Roger, if he asks again I'll definitely tell him. Wow, 13,805 steps and a 5.8 mile walk👏🏻👏🏻 That's impressive🎉! Your poor tootsies, that's an extremely l-o-n-g walk. Plus you went back for a second workout in the afternoon 😳😄 Way to go Roger! Terrific calorie day! Spectacular exercise day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you Megan, that's a great idea.

@azkunk
    Andrea, you'll be right back down. Meanwhile put that scale in timeout! 🤗

@Bluetail6
    Wow, that sounds like a futuristic test you'd see on The Jetsons (it's really interesting). It's so incredible how far you've come in such a short time, the changes you've made and kept. Absolutely spectacular 🤩

@Z10Rtza
    Your list of steps is really amazing to look at 👏🏻👏🏻 I love seeing all of those high numbers, it helps me walk just a bit further (even if it's around the house). Stupid scale! Your weight will come back down, I think the scale does that to push us (or it's an evil machine). Yes, I know what you mean about not taking off the vac bracelet 😆
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi, here real quick to leave my info. :)
    thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 for reminding me
    1) 8.272 steps
    2) 17.220 steps
    3) 15.019 steps
    4) 8.875 steps
    5) 9.463 steps 8.403
    6) 9.269 steps
    7) 11.260 steps
    8) 6.696 steps
    9) 8.231 steps
    10)13.757 steps
    11) 17.180 steps
    12) 23.020 steps
    13) 24.555 steps 24.534
    14) 12.551 steps
    15) 8.631 steps
    16) 10.745 steps
    17) 12.949 steps
    18) 11.989 steps
    19) 11.505 steps
    20) 12.951 steps
    21) 13.750 steps

I would like to add that I saw that two of the numbers are incorrect. Probably my phone didn´t actualized at the moment I gave the steps or something. Day five I did 9.463 steps and day thirteen I did 24.555 steps

@lindamtuck2018 My weight this week went up like crazy. I'm 132.1 kg :o 291,2 lbs

By the way, yesterday I did my first vaccine, and they gave us a bracelet. It´s been so long since I´ve been to a festival, I don´t want to take off the vaccine bracelet!

Thank you for posting your steps ... I corrected them on my sheet and I will correct them on the spreadsheet :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Be back later ... off to go walk ....it won't be 8+ miles today that is only once a week now
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Short and sweet this morning, just like my fiancé. 😊

Note to self, I have a fan in the exercise room... USE IT!!!

Got my 30 minutes in, on the Elliptical. It's a real love hate thing. Sometimes I just don't see how I'm going to make it too the end, yet by the end, I'm "Sprinting the last 30 seconds trying to get an extra tenth of a mile." 💦😅

I've never been this soak and wet after a Cardio session since it was raining outside.... I was totally drenched, and wasn't till I done and turning the lights off that I realized I never turned the damn fan on. DOH! 🤦‍♂️😋

Fitbit was working then all of sudden didn't... I got robbed of a good 50 calories... Damned technology, wouldn't it be nice if it just worked all the time. But "whatever?" in my best 80's teenage girl voice. 😆

Other than that, the rest of the day is pretty much... Work, Get home, Eat supper and relax, bed.

I'm going to endeavour to keep my calories at about 1650 today. 🙂

You all have an amazing day! Party On Dudes! 😎😁😋

kj7rfah83ew9.png

Now sort of off topic...

But I discovered a Company in Canada, I wish I knew about when I started putting together my home gym. The prices are really quite amazing for the quality of goods offered. Sure a lot of stuff is out of stock, but you can pre-order. I've got orders currently placed for a sweet 1500lb rated Barbbell, a swiss bar, 2 pairs of 45lb plates, and a Pilate box. lol. Most excited for the 1500lb bar and I guess the weights assuming I can max out the Hex bar deadlift before they get here in late August/September.

Anyway the point is if, your in Canada I highly recommend these guys... Customer Service is Stellar, Quality is top notch, and they appear to have all the essentials, and the PRICE IS RIGHT!

So if this sounds appealing to you? Then by all means check them out and I could even earn a slight commission if your use my affiliate link. 😊 https://iheartsynergee.ca?sca_ref=886945.8waOCEOvwv

Either way... The place is legit, and well worth it. You should also get a 10% off coupon on sign up, which just saved me on those 2 x pairs of 45lb plates. ;)

Cherio!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Z10Rtza
    Pretty roses on your tattoo. I know, the scale can do that. Look at your list of NSVs (Non-Scale Victory), the scale is just one part. You're doing amazing!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh, only once a week (going on an eight mile walk) 🤣. You crack me up! Let's see how far you can restrain yourself from walking. I can just see it now: three miles in, "just a bit further along", four miles in "maybe just one more mile", five miles in "hmmm, I did say less than eight, maybe we'll go one more mile"... 😆 Envious over here that you can walk that far and that long (and without stopping to have to pee). Have fun!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Z10Rtza
    Pretty roses on your tattoo. I know, the scale can do that. Look at your list of NSVs (Non-Scale Victory), the scale is just one part. You're doing amazing!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh, only once a week (going on an eight mile walk) 🤣. You crack me up! Let's see how far you can restrain yourself from walking. I can just see it now: three miles in, "just a bit further along", four miles in "maybe just one more mile", five miles in "hmmm, I did say less than eight, maybe we'll go one more mile"... 😆 Envious over here that you can walk that far and that long (and without stopping to have to pee). Have fun!

My walk was only an hour and 51 minutes and we walked 4.55 miles ...Thursday will be longer :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Made sure to get off my butt yesterday for a little walk before the rain came. I’m trying to make myself get out of vacation mode. I’m going back to tracking my food, and getting my steps in. The last few days have not been good.

6/19: 1,104
    6/21: 2,500
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    Bike- 31 minutes, 8 miles 👎
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,700

Why is it that summer days go by faster than school days? The days are flying by. Hubby is still committed to his daily walks 💖 He's doing amazing! We've been together for over two decades and this is the longest that he has been exercising consistency. Looking for advice, he mentioned that he isn't losing weight. His way of eating hasn't changed (and I don't think he wants to give up his bread, pizza, deep fried Buffalo tenders, burgers, bagels- he chooses to eat differently than the kids and I...). I don't want to tell him that he can't outrun a fork, because I'm afraid that may demotivate him from walking and I'm so proud of him for walking- every- single- day. So... what would you say to your honey if he said he's surprised he isn't losing weight?
    kemxxlqmdsem.png

I wouldn’t give you a thumbs down on your bike riding. You are impressive doing both riding and all your walking. If it was Garry I would have to explain to him gently about calories in calories out. Maybe you could find a graph with lots of data showing him that what he is eating is affecting his weight loss. Maybe ask him to change is way of eating just for 2 weeks to see what happens. Tell him he doesn’t have to give everything up but moderation matters. You could tell him once a week you can make him a favourite meal. That way he sees that you can still fit favorites in while losing weight. You could also find ways to lighten up some of his favourite recipes. With bagels for example, I eat weight watchers bagels. It saves me over 100 calories. Anyways, he can make small changes each week and that will be big changes in the long run. Sorry the rambling response.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 11,359

Another fun busy day, swimming then rented a boat with friends for Father’s Day. Glad it’s Monday since the weekends have been so busy and just trying to do my best with eating. I did my workout before we headed out for the day.

Been so busy I have had little time to read everyone’s posts 😩

You do so great with fitting in your workout. All that fun after is a great reward.
    Had a nice swim today ... 2 hours long and burned 600 calories... gonna enjoy my bone -in New York Steak on the BBQ with broccoli salad and cottage cheese :)

Ok the steak and salad sound so good. Cottage cheese not so much. Seriously, I would kill for a nice rare steak about now.

The salad and steak was yummy ... I was too full to have cottage cheese ... I think I have finally found what is working for my weight loss now ...not considered keto anymore but I still eat that way .. I upped my carbs to 10% and am not over on carbs anymore :)

Yogurt and cottage cheese are two things I just can’t stomach. It’s the consistency. I told Garry when he finally gets his teeth he is taking me to a good steak restaurant. How is the scale behaving this week?

rwood566 wrote: »
    @TheresaM787 excellent work with your goals. 1 minute over is good in my book. Grats on your daily walking partner. My advice would be to let him know it can be slow in the beginning, small changes add up, and then I would offer them 'Atomic Habits'.

Check in for 6/21:
    Steps - 13805. Sore feet tonight.
    Calories - 1530 I think. High cal breakfast but salad for lunch.
    Exercise - 5.8 mile walk in a.m., 7 machines at gym in afternoon.

Ok, you are just on fire. That’s a great walk. I don’t think I have walked that many miles since boot camp.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018- sorry I’m late

Username: azkunk
    Weigh day: Sunday (LWI)
    CW: 180.4 😱

Things have been crazy for you lately. Stress makes weight difficult. With things hopefully slowing down that scale will start cooperating.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 137
    CW: 139.7

This was a fully clothed weigh-in for an InBody Test. It is a kind of test that breaks down your body composition. Anyway these are my results for last week. I'll have a couple of personal training weight sessions this week, so I expect things to fluctuate for a bit. I will do my regular weigh-in for this week on Friday if that's ok. I will be traveling all day Thursday, and it will better to weigh on my own scale at home on Friday for this week only.

I learned a couple of interesting things about my RMR. I did this test where I did relaxed breathing for 15 minutes and was monitored by a machine. I should be eating 1500 calories before exercise. I was already eating 1500 on two days a week and 1425 on the other days. I'll consider following this recommendation when I get home. It was nice to have the main focus on the other test I took focused on a 12 week personalized exercise program. It was an overall fun experience. I need to lose some body fat mass and gain some muscle. The net effect will get me closer to where I want to be. There was a lot more involved in the testing, but these are the highlights.

No problem weighing in on Friday. Sounds like it is a very informative.
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi, here real quick to leave my info. :)
    thanks
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 for reminding me
    1) 8.272 steps
    2) 17.220 steps
    3) 15.019 steps
    4) 8.875 steps
    5) 9.463 steps 8.403
    6) 9.269 steps
    7) 11.260 steps
    8) 6.696 steps
    9) 8.231 steps
    10)13.757 steps
    11) 17.180 steps
    12) 23.020 steps
    13) 24.555 steps 24.534
    14) 12.551 steps
    15) 8.631 steps
    16) 10.745 steps
    17) 12.949 steps
    18) 11.989 steps
    19) 11.505 steps
    20) 12.951 steps
    21) 13.750 steps

I would like to add that I saw that two of the numbers are incorrect. Probably my phone didn´t actualized at the moment I gave the steps or something. Day five I did 9.463 steps and day thirteen I did 24.555 steps

@lindamtuck2018 My weight this week went up like crazy. I'm 132.1 kg :o 291,2 lbs

By the way, yesterday I did my first vaccine, and they gave us a bracelet. It´s been so long since I´ve been to a festival, I don´t want to take off the vaccine bracelet!

Your steps are fantastic. Keep up the walking. When do you finish school?

Be back later ... off to go walk ....it won't be 8+ miles today that is only once a week now

Enjoy! I haven’t been out for mine yet.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Morning All!

Short and sweet this morning, just like my fiancé. 😊

Note to self, I have a fan in the exercise room... USE IT!!!

Got my 30 minutes in, on the Elliptical. It's a real love hate thing. Sometimes I just don't see how I'm going to make it too the end, yet by the end, I'm "Sprinting the last 30 seconds trying to get an extra tenth of a mile." 💦😅

I've never been this soak and wet after a Cardio session since it was raining outside.... I was totally drenched, and wasn't till I done and turning the lights off that I realized I never turned the damn fan on. DOH! 🤦‍♂️😋

Fitbit was working then all of sudden didn't... I got robbed of a good 50 calories... Damned technology, wouldn't it be nice if it just worked all the time. But "whatever?" in my best 80's teenage girl voice. 😆

Other than that, the rest of the day is pretty much... Work, Get home, Eat supper and relax, bed.

I'm going to endeavour to keep my calories at about 1650 today. 🙂

You all have an amazing day! Party On Dudes! 😎😁😋
    kj7rfah83ew9.png

Now sort of off topic...

But I discovered a Company in Canada, I wish I knew about when I started putting together my home gym. The prices are really quite amazing for the quality of goods offered. Sure a lot of stuff is out of stock, but you can pre-order. I've got orders currently placed for a sweet 1500lb rated Barbbell, a swiss bar, 2 pairs of 45lb plates, and a Pilate box. lol. Most excited for the 1500lb bar and I guess the weights assuming I can max out the Hex bar deadlift before they get here in late August/September.

Anyway the point is if, your in Canada I highly recommend these guys... Customer Service is Stellar, Quality is top notch, and they appear to have all the essentials, and the PRICE IS RIGHT!

So if this sounds appealing to you? Then by all means check them out and I could even earn a slight commission if your use my affiliate link. 😊 https://iheartsynergee.ca?sca_ref=886945.8waOCEOvwv

Either way... The place is legit, and well worth it. You should also get a 10% off coupon on sign up, which just saved me on those 2 x pairs of 45lb plates. ;)

Cherio!

I think I would be crying after 30 minutes on the elliptical. Great job! Even if it did knock off some calories your burn is amazing.

lmf1012 wrote: »
    Good morning!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/21 steps 9,514

I did not walk as far yesterday, my Apple watch was almost fead and I wanted to make sure I got credit for what I had done so far lol

I feel I have to do the same thing. I don’t want to move while my Fitbit is charging. Nice steps!

red1185 wrote: »
    Made sure to get off my butt yesterday for a little walk before the rain came. I’m trying to make myself get out of vacation mode. I’m going back to tracking my food, and getting my steps in. The last few days have not been good.

6/19: 1,104
    6/21: 2,500

It is hard to get moving again after vacation. Sometimes, I feel like I need a vacation after my vacation. You did a walk yesterday so you are starting. Add a little each day until you are fully back to speed.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I haven’t mentioned this in awhile but I use insightful on weight loss post I know I have logged the weight. It also lets someone else know in case they need to log the weights for me. It is helpful if you don’t use the insightful on these type post. I really get confused easily. 😂
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/21: 18,414
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Yogurt and cottage cheese are two things I just can’t stomach. It’s the consistency. I told Garry when he finally gets his teeth he is taking me to a good steak restaurant. How is the scale behaving this week?

I stepped on it on Saturday and it said 227..so we shall see what it says Friday :)
This discussion has been closed.