Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
jj26xy1ngcvv.png

Here is your Team chat room for June 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers June team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our motivator is the wonderful Theresa @theresam787.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I also have 2 fur babies, Nick and Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F ever since. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting my journey but I never gave up. In May I revamped my eating and I am planning on losing at least 4 pounds this month. I try to walk every day but I am limited on how far due to issues with my back. We have an exercise room and a pool in our building but due to Covid-19 restrictions they are closed. Right now the tent I’ve reopening for gyms and indoor pools is July 23rd so I am hopeful.

June goals
    1. Sleep minimum 7 hours a night.
    2. 6,000 steps daily
    3. Walk daily
    4. Lose 4 pounds

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. If you can’t weigh in just let me know. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to record.

Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself, Megan or Theresa know.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi Everyone ......Happy June..... My name is Megan I am the co-captain to our amazing Downsizer's Team with our awesome captain Linda :)...I am one of the moderators of Fat2Fit I am also in charge of recruiting each month so you met me when I put you on our team :) I was born in Alberta Canada (I was adopted at 9 weeks old) I have lived in California most of my life .... I have 2 wonderful kids ........My son Austin is 21 and in the Navy......My daughter is 15 and I have homeschooled her from day 1 ...She is almost done with this year of school (June 10th is the last day of school) She will be a junior in August ....I have 2 grandma cats (15 years Mocha and 15 1/2 Kylie) I have 2 dogs ... Aspen my husky and Dakota my German Shepherd ..I also have a very talkative parrot named Petey ...I am excited to finally be healed from my 2nd hernia and get back to walking with my daughter and husky ... I will also be swimming in my pool and going back on Keto .......I am excited to see what June with bring to me :)

As for our step challenge .... For returning people will you please let me know you want to stay, leave, be excused , be removed from excused ...change your step goal etc. Thank you

For new people .... All you do is let me know you want to be added to our step challenge and give me a step number that you plan on hitting daily and post your steps in our chat :)
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I want to stay in the step challenge and am upping my goal to 8k per day (although I am really shooting for a weekly goal of 56k)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I want to stay in the step challenge and am upping my goal to 8k per day (although I am really shooting for a weekly goal of 56k)

Thanks for letting me know ... I will change your step goal to 8000 :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Would you please add me back to the step challenge for June? My goal is 15,000 steps daily. Does the step challenge start June 1? Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Would you please add me back to the step challenge for June? My goal is 15,000 steps daily. Does the step challenge start June 1? Thanks!

Absolutely I just excused you so I will remove the EXC. Our weeks are from Saturday to Sunday so our new step challenge technically starts tomorrow :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please raise my step pledge to 6,000. Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please raise my step pledge to 6,000. Thanks!

Will do :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    29th May
    Steps: 5,321
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    5ygsw31dsh4s.png

One of the many benefits of our incredibly supportive team, is how we freely share tips that have helped us with weight loss. What tips would you like to share about weight loss?

Here is a podcast episode that focuses solely on tips:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-only-look-thin/id1335251466?i=1000497716586
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the June challenge!

4rkom7mr9zcc.jpeg
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 6,096

Yesterday was truly a lazy day as opposed to my lazy day on Friday were I cleaned and did projects. I did do my back/biceps strength work out. Too much time in the house with the rain left me snacking. We have two more days of cold rain here. At least I wasn’t stuck on soccer fields in this weather like some of my friends.
This discussion has been closed.