Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
edited July 2021 in Social Groups
Jejune:
adj. Not interesting; dull.
adj. Lacking maturity; childish.
adj. Lacking in nutrition.

Welcome to June! The first five months flew by at breakneck speed. Now we're into the summer months, good weather, farmer's markets and NO EXCUSES to not be active!!

Get after it, everyone!! Don't be jejune; go enjoy June!!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,153 Member
    Options
    That was clever, @UncleMac!

It's not lacking in nutrition, and it might have something to do with an excess of *physical* maturity (we won't comment on the psychological kind), but my Big Deal for June is eye surgery, followed by at least a week under "no exertion" orders. I hate "no exertion" orders, especially during on-water rowing season! And that's if they don't need to do a vitrectomy, which I'm fervently hoping, as is the retinologist (though I'm pretty sure I care more than she does). Not cataracts, those are water under the bridge, but some kind of wrinkle in the back of one eye (I forget the technical term) that has vision in my left eye around 20/150, where it's been for . . . a really long time. Ugh.

Other than that (!) June looks pretty good. And frankly, if I get back decent vision in the left eye, lots of things will look better - literally - after the annoyance of surgery and recovery, too.

What's that saying about old age not being for sissies? 🙄

How's life with you? Others?
  • UncleMac
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    That was clever, @UncleMac!
    Thank you, Ann. Legacy of a childhood spent reading is a larger than usual vocabulary...

A no exertion order would be painful for me as I'm always doing/lifting something. The last time I was truly laid up was decades ago when I broke my leg. It took several weeks after the reconstructive surgery before I was able to do anything weight-bearing. It was awful!!

My wife and I are working on the house in Ottawa, finishing up renovations, painting, etc... making it ready for market. Once my son launches on his military career, we'll be selling and building a place on the east coast. The list of things to do gets overwhelming at times... but I'll make it happen!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for a good June. It's the start of the fruit harvest. The hot weather last week probably means the end of spring greens even though we're back to seasonal weather.

Hoping to spend more time on the water, too.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The weather in Ottawa has been odd... flipping between unseasonable cool and unseasonably warm... We need a bit more rain now... after the spring started off wet...