TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I did a bunch of Romanian deadlifts. Boy does my butt hurt today! 😳 TMI I know but WOW!! Obviously have been neglecting these muscles. 😂

That's the good kind of ouchy! What are those - I feel like I need to do some, too, now that I've had my orientation day at the Y!

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I did a bunch of Romanian deadlifts. Boy does my butt hurt today! 😳 TMI I know but WOW!! Obviously have been neglecting these muscles. 😂

That's the good kind of ouchy! What are those - I feel like I need to do some, too, now that I've had my orientation day at the Y!

@annabananamc I did single leg lifts because I need to work on my balance. I'm old and don't want to fall and break a hip. 😊

https://www.johnsonfitness.com/blog/single-leg-romanian-dead-lift-right-way/
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Wednesday July 21, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = No
    Under = No
    Water = 58 oz
    Steps = 1,000
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Username Gamommy2
    Steps 6000
    Weigh in day
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t been as active. I’ve been in such a bad slump. At one point I debated on leaving the challenge because I just felt like I was failing not only myself, but you guys too.
    But last night i decided I wasn’t going to do that because that would give me another reason to not get back into the swing of things. I decided last night that I really need to do this for myself because nothing is going to change if I don’t try.
    I know I didn’t weigh in last week, but I’m definitely weighing in tomorrow!! I’m also gonna start posting everyday for accountability.

@rawrxamberx Definitely DO NOT leave this group!! You are in no way letting us down. Remember that we're here for you if you need a pick me up. Sometimes I just come here to chat. :)

SECONDED!

I see this as a place of support in a wild and often unsupportive world.
    You’re not perfect. I’m not perfect
    Stick around. Let’s be imperfect together!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Wed, July 21st
    Week 3 - Day 4
    Net Calories: 2396🤦🏻‍♀️
    Steps: 4322 Steps
    Water: 88oz

MUAC:
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🟢🔴🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    • Tracked: Yes
    • Under Calories: No
    • Exercise for 20mins: No
    No exercise to report! I was feeling real lazy today.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Username: MargaretYakoda
    Weigh in week: July 18 -24
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 217.3
    Todays Weight: 213.5. Yeah. I had a whoosh. I epect next week will be another plateau. 😏
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 21 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 13,640
    Water: 96 oz
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, 07.21.21 check-in:
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, I took the kids for a 2 mile hike along the D&L Canal path.

o5uxw2dyh2s4.jpg
    54aviea5yxnh.jpg
    zqakqqlndukz.jpg
    sso5bvxtt6i2.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @CycleMomOf3 It looks wonderful!
  • CycleMomOf3
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 It must have been! They asked if we could go back to the same part of the trail today after my littlest gets home from kindergarten camp! Fo' sho'!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: July Week #3
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 318.6
    CW: 321.4

Now I’m really motivated to get back up!

Startiiiiiing NOW!!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @CycleMomOf3 I LOVE the pics of the trail and good for you for showing your kids a healthy, active lifestyle. I am just back, all hot and sweaty, from a quick bike ride (25 minutes on the cruiser). I had to pick something up in town and decided why not ride the bike?! My husband has been riding his every day to the grocery store. I am thinking anything less than 5miles we ride, unless thunderstorms. :)

In less wonderful news, I got a call last night that the bride's brother, from the weekend wedding we went to, tested positive for covid. ARGH...I hope that the wedding wasn't a superspreader. Called my parents to give them a heads up and they were at a restaurant after choir practice with 60 people. Fingers crossed we didn't interact enough to catch anything - we are all vaccinated, but know many vaccinated people getting milder cases right now in Florida. <sigh> AND I am heading to Utah Tuesday....maybe
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Username: rpkg62
    Weigh in week: July 18 -24
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Initial Weight: 156??
    Previous Week's weight: 154.6
    Todays Weight: 153.9

Hopefully this works this time <3
  • CycleMomOf3
    Options
    @annabananamc
    Niiiiice re: reducing your carbon footprint and doing small commutes with your sweet-@$$ed cruiser! :) I'm a member of an organization up here that is an advocacy group for making our area more bike-friendly and pushes folks to commute via bike more when they can. :heart:

Also, while I hit "hug" on your post re: the Covid exposure, I DO realize the irony of said response. Air hug? E-hug? Zoom hug? Regardless, that so totally SUCKS. Hopefully it wasn't a superspreader event, and that those affected/exposed have mild cases. Ugh. And Utah sounds LOVELY. Hope you can go!!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday July 22, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 66 oz
    Steps = 9,669
  • CycleMomOf3
    Options
    I had some ripening bananas and I don't like to bake in the summer.

So I tried making some chocolate n'ice cream for the kids for dessert tonight, and it was surprisingly tasty. Really tasty, and even kid-approved!

Just 4 ingredients: unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, ripe bananas, and dark cocoa powder.

Worth a try, teammates, if you're wanting a sweet fix. We really liked it, for what it's worth. h24a2797d90e.jpg

• CycleMomOf3
    Options
    Thursday, 07.22.21 check-in:
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, just lots of errands. Swam with the kids and shot some hoops with them.

Tomorrow is weigh-in, and it's a crap shoot. I weigh daily and enter into a personal excel sheet, even though only my Friday weigh-ins get entered into MFP. It helps me see the big picture and trends.

This week was a ToM week, and while I was always carefully tracking (under) and I exercised and moved a lot, the scale was...reticent...to acknowledge my hard work. It usually bounces back after the cycle ends (today), so we shall see.

Things are tense here at home, and I've been very successful at not eating my anxiety and stress and emotions, so a win this week would mean a lot to me. We shall see.

Hopefully getting my butt to the gym in the early AM, and the kids asked for another hike tomorrow. :heart:
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 23 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 14,569
    Water: 120 oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options