TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'll do a proper introduction later, just popping in to say hi! 🙋‍♀️

Here's to a great month!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

The July Challenge and the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge start tomorrow, Sunday July 4th! I know it is a holiday for most of you, so maybe, for the first week only, we can have two pass days and still make the Winner's Circle!

Here's to a great July!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to most of you, and happy first day of the July Challenge to everyone!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am ready to commit!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready after a month off! I have already had my morning walk, and the sun is finally shining again here after several rainy days. Also had a healthy breakfast, and a plan for eating today despite the holiday. I'm so grateful for this team and the extra benefit I get from sharing my healthy goals with you all, and the accountability and comfort from knowing someone cares how I am doing. THANK YOU ALL!
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @HASWLRS - thanks for getting us started, and the motivation for the MUAC - that really helps me keep it going. @maryc11 - your commitment and dedication these past months inspire me so much, and @DaffyGirl88 - your bright shining spirit fires me up for a great month.

Let's take on the second half of 2021 with a fire in our bellies and a smile on our faces!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday July 4, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 1,500
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 4 July

Track: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: no

Steps: 5373
    Water: 60

Ok, now that the holiday weekend is behind me I'm ready to get back to work. Let's do this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The Big Butt Theory
    1st -@maryc11. - 3.60%
    2nd -@Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 3.56%
    3rd -@cmhubbard92. - 2.43%

Congratulations, ladies......that was a good month!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday, July 4th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, an hour long walk around the golf course trail with my husband

water: yes, 11 cups
    steps: 13,360

It was not a holiday for me yesterday, so I had no excuse!! Even though we had yummy leftovers from the night before, my husband felt like going to A&W for a burger. The long walk gave me lots of calories to play with; I opted for a breakfast sandwich (400 calories) and a diet root beer. And since we were out with the Camaro, he wanted to go for ice cream after. I had a scoop in a cup (estimated at 320 calories) and I still had 401 calories in the bank at day's end.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS Great day Lisa! Mine was not so good, driving allowed me no steps, little water, and crappy car food. But I'm ready to hit the ground running today!

Happy Monday! Woot!
  • annabananamc
    Options
    Good morning from FLA everyone! Last night I took myself out for another walk so I could have a glass of wine and potato chips (our 4th of July tradition) with my husband. That is how the logging helps me best. I can prelog and see how to 'earn' what I want to eat!

So a win for the day:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Water: 80+
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8634

We then spent the evening trying to help our dog who freaks out from fireworks and thunder (we had both). She had a double dose of tranquilizers, meditation music playing, and a licky mat replenished with peanut butter periodically, but it still sucked. She barked and growled for four hours til I fell asleep, and then more while hubby helped her til about midnight. THEN we got the thunder about 3am. I'm exhausted, and I bet she is too.

Today we have a big family gathering with cousins who are in town from California. Should be about 20 of us. I'm taking watermelon to have a low-cal tasty snack on hand, and will do my best to moderate intake. PLUS a yoga class and walk before we go. Wish me luck!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS Great day Lisa! Mine was not so good, driving allowed me no steps, little water, and crappy car food. But I'm ready to hit the ground running today!

Happy Monday! Woot!

@DaffyGirl88 That's the spirit!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Today we have a big family gathering with cousins who are in town from California. Should be about 20 of us. I'm taking watermelon to have a low-cal tasty snack on hand, and will do my best to moderate intake. PLUS a yoga class and walk before we go. Wish me luck!

@annabananamc It sounds like you have a good plan in place with the watermelon, the yoga and the walk. After that, just do the best you can, but most of all, enjoy the visit! Good luck!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/04
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8170
    Water: 96

Just for today : 07/05, keto day 3, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 16hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1&2 , Daily calm/ meditation, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hrs, PT exercise ,BBW2D1, bike 🚴 20 min

Yesterday :

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: ???
    Todays Weight: 156
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,922 Member
    Options
    Sun, July 4th
    Week 1 - Day 1
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Calories In / NetCalories: 3682 / 1467
    7729 Steps
    48oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC♥️YesDays) 
    ✖️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(2x🥊Weekly)

I don’t understand how Fitbit calculated 500+ active minutes yesterday when I wasn’t even working out. Yes I was active but I was grocery shopping, cooking two casseroles and then helping with lighting fireworks.
    I’m actually going to ask the forums about this because it just didn’t seem right to burn more calories then a run on the treadmill.

Right now I’m just going to assume it’s correct. I did expect a post-July4th-holiday-waterweight gain and ended up losing a pound so maybe Fitbit knows more than I do..

Weigh in Day: Monday
    JuneSW: 143.2lbs
    JulySW: 145
    Week 1
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 11706Cals
    Wk1 Result: 143.5lbs = 1.5lbs loss⬇️/1.03%
  • Lively_2020
    Lively_2020 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Sun, July 4th
    Week 1 - Day 1
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Calories In / NetCalories: 3682 / 1467
    7729 Steps
    48oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC♥️YesDays) 
    ✖️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(2x🥊Weekly)

I don’t understand how Fitbit calculated 500+ active minutes yesterday when I wasn’t even working out. Yes I was active but I was grocery shopping, cooking two casseroles and then helping with lighting fireworks.
    I’m actually going to ask the forums about this because it just didn’t seem right to burn more calories then a run on the treadmill.

Right now I’m just going to assume it’s correct. I did expect a post-July4th-holiday-waterweight gain and ended up losing a pound so maybe Fitbit knows more than I do..

Weigh in Day: Monday
    JuneSW: 143.2lbs
    JulySW: 145
    Week 1
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 11706Cals
    Wk1 Result: 143.5lbs = 1.5lbs loss⬇️/1.03%

Way to stay on track! Did you drink any alcohol? I find that when I drink, my Fitbit reads that I burn more calories than usual because of an increased heart rate, which is caused my drinking.
  • Lively_2020
    Lively_2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited to be here 😃

I am a 29 year old mom from Texas. I actually was in this group for a few months back in 2016 and it helped me with my journey tremendously. I previously lost 80 lb but unfortunately I have gained it all back. I went from working an active job in the restaurant business to a desk job. Then when the pandemic began we went to work from home and have been home ever since. I enjoy being at home but I do not need to have unlimited access to snacks! This has played a huge factor in my weight gain.

I am hoping this challenge will help me become more disciplined with my eating habits. For this week, I am going to plan every meal and snack for each day while working and stick to it.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Lively_2020 Welcome back! 🙋‍♀️
This discussion has been closed.