TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    smcinto wrote: »
    User name:smcinto
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW:142.8
    CW:140.8

Great job!
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    User name: dracocapricorn
    PW: 158.1 (June)
    CW: 158.5

Monthly goal: 153.5
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, didn't expect to win the June overall! Unfortunatley I don't think this week's results are going to be as promising I'm afraid.

After having to rescue a dog from a rather smelly stream on Saturday I decided a bottle of wine was deserved, no excuse for today though :lol: plus going out for MIL birthday tomorrow so I'm not going to restrict myself, although I definitely will be trying to make the better choice just conscious that even 'healthy' options aren't what they seem!

100% committed to get on the wagon on Tuesday, I have a fair few plans this month and I am sure August will be the same if not worse. I am wondering if I can maybe try cycling calories but I guess that would also mean having to track things that I don't have the values for? What do you guys do when you eat at a friends and families? MIL and my mum just cannot grasp the concept of calorie counting so I asking them to weigh things out when making food is a wasted breath tbh!

Week 6 Day 5 (I think?)
    Tracked: No (I blame the dog with the death wish)
    Calories: Not after a bottle of wine!
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps:21,399

• KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    User name:KakoHikes
    PW:228.0
    CW:227.0
  • CinnamonNoom
    CinnamonNoom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    User: CinnamonNoom
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 224.0
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Day - Monday
    PW - 176
    CW - 176.1

So happy to stay relatively even this week. Was away from home, not cooking for myself, not able to get my daily walks in, didn’t use my own scale for last week’s weigh-in. I’m taking this as a win 🙂
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ►WEIGH IN
    alpdexplorer
    July→ Week 1
    Weigh In→ Monday
    PW→ 345.7
    CW→ 343.8
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Sun, July 4th
    Week 1 - Day 1
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Calories In / NetCalories: 3682 / 1467
    7729 Steps
    48oz
    Sunday - Saturday
    ♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC♥️YesDays) 
    ✖️🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(2x🥊Weekly)

I don’t understand how Fitbit calculated 500+ active minutes yesterday when I wasn’t even working out. Yes I was active but I was grocery shopping, cooking two casseroles and then helping with lighting fireworks.
    I’m actually going to ask the forums about this because it just didn’t seem right to burn more calories then a run on the treadmill.

Right now I’m just going to assume it’s correct. I did expect a post-July4th-holiday-waterweight gain and ended up losing a pound so maybe Fitbit knows more than I do..

Weigh in Day: Monday
    JuneSW: 143.2lbs
    JulySW: 145
    Week 1
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 11706Cals
    Wk1 Result: 143.5lbs = 1.5lbs loss⬇️/1.03%

Time to check myself This was my post last week:
    New goals for this week
    • Lowered my NetCals Goal to 1500 ✅
    • Still shooting for 30 NetCarbs or less ❌
    • Taking better care to eat within an 8 hr/IF schedule ✅
    • Starting today: 30second Daily plank challenge ✅
    Signed by Me: “A work in progress”
    Reminder: To Lose 1lbs = 10500 NetCals/Wkly OR 1500/Daily
    NetCarb Goal: 30g
    To Maintain Weight =15400/Week OR
    2200/Daily
    💦Goal: 64oz/Daily; 448oz/Wkly
    👟Goal: 9000/Daily; 63000/Wkly ✅
    👙Goal: 125lbs
    🥊Goal: 2 x Sessions/per Week ❌
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    @krysless2 I get these days! it's worked out on heart rate so if you're particularly stressed or anxious or even had a few too many the night before your heart rate elevates more easily in a flight or flight response (should of seen my Fitbit results when I used to get panic attacks :lol:) I've also done 45 minute circuit training and never reached any active minutes until after when my body decided anything else is too much if that makes sense?! I think insulin levels might also play a part in all of this too (more resistance than diabetes but I am not a doctor!)

• NRTyreman
    Options
    Username: NRTyreman
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday (6th July)
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 175

I know it's not what I am normally loose but after the last 3 days and 3 bottles of wine I'm a bit shocked it's a lose at all! I am sure it'll catch up with me later in the week but I am back on it, managed to keep hit my 12k ever day and hopeful to continue doing so. Been really struggling with my strengthening exercises, mostly mentally not got the same attitude I did last month so thinking maybe I switch it up to keep it fun and keep the dopamine flowing!

My husband is flying out with the military for 4 month on the 17th so I think I am going to try and do a new activity/exercise with my toddler each week, or just something can both do and love together!

July Goals (I know its week 2 but I took last week as wild one):
    - Tracking calories at least 5 days out of 7
    - Under 1500 Calories at least 5 days out of 7
    - 12k steps everyday
    - Some form of activity or exercise out the norm with my 2 year old demon
    - Reminding myself that one bad day does not ruin my progress

It seems a lot more quiet on this forum this month so I hope everyone is okay and you all had a lovely 4th of July!
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    JULY GOALS
    → Continue to walk 5-6x a week
    → Hit a 4 mile walk by the end of the month (last months goal was 3 miles)
    → Continue to log every day, no matter how bad of a day it is
    → Start working on strength training (my arms are basically pool noodles, lol)
    → Try to reach my step goal daily: 6000 (still is a difficult for me with having a desk job)

I was up north, camping all weekend. The service was super spotty so I didn't get to go online too much. I managed to still lose weight (I still tracked calories, and was mindful as to what I ate). I walked at least a mile 3/4 days I was up there. It was relaxing, but VERY hot. It was hotter up there than it was 4 hours south (home). Now I'm back to my normal routine: work, nap, walk, sleep.
  • naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m Naomi. Here to lose the last of the weight I let slip up on me over the past couple of years. Weighing day is Wednesday.

July Goals
    -Don’t get psyched out by the scale so much. (LOL, this is still my biggest issue by far)
    -Bike at least 50-60 miles or 5 hours each week.
    -Be more active during the day outside formal exercise, even if it’s just walking around the house.
    -This is war. The individual battles matter less than the long term outcome. Don’t forget it.
    -check out a strength training class at one of the two local gyms by the end of the month. (I’m intimidated by gym bros, time to get over it, they’re probably really nice people under all that muscle)

Hey @alpdexplorer we share the strength training goal. Wish you lived near me, we’d do it together :) And @NRTyreman, the mental battle is the hardest for me too :) We got this. Mind over matter (literally, LOL)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    NRTyreman wrote: »
    @krysless2 I get these days! it's worked out on heart rate so if you're particularly stressed or anxious or even had a few too many the night before your heart rate elevates more easily in a flight or flight response (should of seen my Fitbit results when I used to get panic attacks :lol:) I've also done 45 minute circuit training and never reached any active minutes until after when my body decided anything else is too much if that makes sense?! I think insulin levels might also play a part in all of this too (more resistance than diabetes but I am not a doctor!)

My husband is flying out with the military for 4 month on the 17th so I think I am going to try and do a new activity/exercise with my toddler each week, or just something can both do and love together!

July Goals (I know its week 2 but I took last week as wild one):
    - Tracking calories at least 5 days out of 7
    - Under 1500 Calories at least 5 days out of 7
    - 12k steps everyday
    - Some form of activity or exercise out the norm with my 2 year old demon
    - Reminding myself that one bad day does not ruin my progress

It seems a lot more quiet on this forum this month so I hope everyone is okay and you all had a lovely 4th of July!

So we are in week 1 of July. It’s a bit more confusing then normal because typically we only have 4 challenge weeks but June happened to have 5. So just as an FYI, you just posted your July: Week1 Results. You can always check the spreadsheets if you’re unsure. Personally, I like to view the spreadsheets to get a little extra motivation when I’m struggling. You can view how you are doing for your team and where your team is ranking at the moment.

Those are some awesome goals!! ...and also...Great job with keeping up with a loss after a tussle with the wine bottles! I definitely know how that is!
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @Krysless2 same same with what NRTyreman said. I had my calorie burn measured by the power meter on my smart trainer (Watts of work translated to calories used) and it’s about 1/4 of what’s measured by heart rate trackers and 1/2 of what I’ve been using for my burn rate calculations for outdoor cycling (Harvard study).

That was a shocker, but it makes sense that your heart rate isn’t correlated to your calorie burn, or we’d burn less calories doing the same exercise as we got more fit, and marathoners would eventually gain weight when they run :) It’s our weight that matters, so as we get smaller we burn less calories because there’s less of us to move around.

I had it all wrong until I did some research. I just never thought about it (facepalm).
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    I completely forgot there are new people in the group now.
    For those who don't know, I'm Courtney.
    Actually, maybe no one knows my name.
    I don't remember if I introduced myself the first time around, lol.
    Minnesotan, 32, dog mama.
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    @Krysless2 — I don't know if anyone's noticed yet, but the spreadsheet for our team is messed up. I'm only 142.8 lbs according to that 😂
  • naomi9271
    Options
    @Waifer003 OMG you completely cracked me up with this, and I totally relate.

“an intense Covid-related baking incident”
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    For the New Members, forgot to post this:

ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to July Challenge!!
This discussion has been closed.