Net Carbs?

Options
ange5122
ange5122 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, new to the app and the group. Dr. put me on a low carb diet and I'm wondering if/where in the app I can see as part of my nutrition info, net carbs.....ie, carbs - fiber? thanks!!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You have to have premium to see net carbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    ange5122 wrote: »
    Hi, new to the app and the group. Dr. put me on a low carb diet and I'm wondering if/where in the app I can see as part of my nutrition info, net carbs.....ie, carbs - fiber? thanks!!!

I downloaded the script greasemonkey or tampermonkey to get net carbs before I got premium
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Your net carbs are simple subtraction. Total carbs minus fiber, sugar alcohols/allulose(newer sweetener). I do this and put my Net carbs then in my notes. I try to keep my net carbs at 15 g, which is 5% of my 1200 calories. If I go slightly over the net carb goal, no big deal. The regular Free MFP app gives you the calories, carbs and fiber. Read your labels for the sugar alcohols and Allulose. I then remind my self in my notes not to forget to subtract them. Ex: "Don't forget to subtract 3 sugar alcohols from breakfast."
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group! We have a lot of info here on getting started with low carb: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest

A few years back, someone set up a free way to see net carbs on a PC (not the app) with an add-on browser script. You can find it here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest

Or, now you can pay for Premium and do it that way if you prefer. Good luck with your journey and ask any questions you need.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I use Carb Manager for tracking, love it