GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    7/4 did absolutely nothing due to still having a headache
    7/5 planning on swimming and bbq-ing hamburgers (mine will be wrapped in lettuce) :)
    Spent 160 minutes in the pool doing laps and floating around ....burned 951 cals :) Tomorrow will be a walk
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    7/5

Felt so blah. Barely hit 6000 steps.

I think I will put off eating until my husbands work party tonight. It is finger food only, which should be easy to moderate/avoid plus I have to walk there and back which is good for at least 8,000 steps. It’s being held at a newly refurbished venue on the river I’ve been curious about, so that should be fun.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Did my regular exercises + worked in the garden for 2 hrs. this am pulling weeds, laying down mulch heavy work.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/6 182 minutes of walking ....7.21 miles and burned 1000 calories ...food is on point :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    7/6

13,357 steps
    3.6 mile walk

Finger food at the party was DISGUSTING so that was a win! Venue really lovely though.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    7/2-7/5 Camping weekend (half in the rain)-we walked/hiked 18 miles and kayaked for 4 hours. Food was low carb but probably at too much of it. Back to spin class this morning and it felt good. I believe it's going to rain here the next three days so time to find some videos for indoor workouts. Anyone have any favorites they can recommend?
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    7/2-7/5 Camping weekend (half in the rain)-we walked/hiked 18 miles and kayaked for 4 hours. Food was low carb but probably at too much of it. Back to spin class this morning and it felt good. I believe it's going to rain here the next three days so time to find some videos for indoor workouts. Anyone have any favorites they can recommend?

I have the attention span of a gnat—- whenever I’m doing an exercise video I’m thinking about how I should be emptying the dishwasher, ironing, etc—- so I have to keep them really short. To that end, I do like Jillian Michaels’ 30 day shred since it’s only about 25 minutes long. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea, though… to put it mildly 😁
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    7/6
    Food was at a deficit but carbs were a bit high from fruits and veggies. I won’t complain about that but do need to up protein to stay full. Plenty of exercise for the day with some NEAT mixed in.

@tishsmith101 i agree on Jillian Michaels but prefer a new site I’ve found- Nourish Move Love. She has a large mix of at home strength, HIIT, barre, etc from 10 minutes to 45.
  • mkern500
    mkern500 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    July Goals: increase length of time doing core and upper body workouts. Birthday this month reminding me not to slack! 😩
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options

I just do YouTube stuff mostly.
    • Leslie Sansone for walking (has lots of DVDs too)
    • BodyFit by Amy is good.
    • HASFit.
    • Jessica Smith has great indoor workouts. She also has a couple nice DVD collections too. I keep those for when our internet is out on workout days and the weather is garbage.
    • I'm currently on a Sydney Cummings jag.
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    Nice weather walk outside, if not I do Leslie's DVD, I must have at least 12 of them most are walking 1- 5 miles, some are more workouts. I do a little ST, & yoga
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/7 3 hours and 5 minutes out in our pool and burned 1000 calories doing laps and stuff :) Food is on point :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Is anyone else having a problem with the feedback buttons?

7/7

13005 steps
    2.2 mile walk
    Under calories by quite a bit but I couldn’t be bothered eating.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Ughhhh my fitbit went to fitbit heaven yesterday .... I feel so lost without it on my wrist ... I had the versa ...Bestbuy has the Versa2 for 180 +15.00 for the charger and 15.00 for the plastic shield that goes on the watch ... I really want the sense but the price seems over the top ... I will not be walking today or swimming ... I am mega sunburnt so we will be staying in doors .. I might do a Leslie Sansone Dvd or something
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    7/7
    A bit over on calorie goal as I ate some nuts after dinner because I didn’t quite feel satisfied. Should still be a deficit after strength training and a steamy outdoor walk.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the FitBit! Habe you considered a Garmin? The Vivoactive 3 is about 130 and comes with the charger. I have one and would be lost without it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the FitBit! Habe you considered a Garmin? The Vivoactive 3 is about 130 and comes with the charger. I have one and would be lost without it.

Thanks ... I gave my garmin to my daughter ... I love fitbit
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Thanks ... I gave my garmin to my daughter ... I love fitbit

I went out and bought the fitbit versa2 ... I did the bundle package for 220.00 :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    week 1 was great for workouts - only missed 2 of the half hour ones, so got in at least an hour each day...mediocre on food only 2 poverty days instead of 5...room to improve for sure
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    Got my walk in before the rain came, started out with a light jacket but it did not take long before I took it off. Thankfully the rest of my exercises are done indoors because it rained a lot today. Eating has been under goal but all the right food. MFP keeps telling me I'm under goal, but I think their goal is too high anyway