August 16

Options
13»

Replies

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe - even though you wanted to get rid of the bike, it still makes me mad someone stole it. What is the matter with people? To store your bike inside, look into something so you can hang it from the ceiling or on a wall. That way it won’t take up precious floor space. It doesn’t have to be expensive, a couple big hooks from the hardware store will do.

@readyornot1234 wrote: - you may try a simple pulley system and then it can go a little higher up the wall. I don’t think they are very expensive. I’m tired of moving my bike so I’m going to look into one. YouTube has great videos on it. My bike is a bit too heavy to lift up on and off hooks so I have to improvise.

That's an idea. I'll look into both the hooks and the pulley system. The mgr of the complex suggested I remove the front wheel and hang the bike in the little storage closet on the private balcony. Only problem with that idea is that it's stacked high with other stuff I couldn't (or didn't want to) get into the apartment itself. Stuff I actually use periodically, so I don't want to get rid of it. Oh and the balcony also has two chairs and Sienna's bed on it, and those things all have to be moved around every time I need to get something out of that closet. The mgr also said "they" had recently discussed making it against the rules to have your bikes locked on the balconies or "porches" (for lack of a better word), because they aren't "patio furniture or decor." If storing a single bike inside a two bedroom apartment (about 890 sq ft) with 2 people and a dog living in it is going to be ridiculously tight, can you imagine storing more than one bike? Or one or more bikes in 450-650 sq ft apartments with one or more people living there? I just don't think that's a fair option to anybody who lives in any of the apartments.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,104 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Coming back to answer the trigger foods question. The peanut butter is now kept in my husbands office. I have to ask him to get me reasonable amounts of peanut butter when I actually need it for something. LOL. I can't be trusted, and it's too popular with hubs and kiddo to not have in the house.

It's kind of a good exercise for Hubs too as he's VERY bad at telling me no about anything, so this will help him build on that skillset 😂

I often think I eat more peanut butter than makes sense from a sweets craving and wonder if it's a vitamin thing. 🤔 I started taking prenatal vitamins again for the iron and all the other fun stuff I tend to miss out on not eating meat, so I'm curious if that helps out with the PB cravings.

On that note, does anyone know of a tool/app where you can put in random foods you constantly crave and it can tell you what vitamins they have in common?

Hi @mshawski - I just google (and don’t know of an app). Found this for you:

https://www.healthline.com/health/craving-peanut-butter
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe - I have heard of those rules. Things need to change. Patio furniture is great but encourages sitting. It’s like promoting anti-activity. I like the pulley system because you can pull it up and push it over a dresser or something.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jamcnewman! This really sums it up. LOL.

"Anecdotal evidence also indicates that beta-sitosterol helps reduce feelings of anxiety, possibly by stabilizing cortisol, a hormone released during times of stress. Stress has also been shown in animal studies, to trigger cravings of high-fat foods. You might find yourself reaching for a jar of peanut butter if you’re feeling anxious, stressed out, or depressed, in an attempt to reduce those feelings."
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,056 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    8/16

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 😩

Using pass #3
    PASSES USED: 3/3
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,033 Member
    Options
    I hve little chocolates in the house these days and will hve 1 a night but actual blocks of choclates in particular are hard for me to resist so like @Mshawski i get hubby to hide them. Also wen i buy lasagne i cant help but want to go back for 2nds & 3rds so i didnt buy any this week. Xox
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    i get hubby to hide them
    By packing I found some secret chocolate places of my husband 😂

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,022 Member
    Options
    ✅✔️☑️
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options