August 11

Options
124»

Replies

• Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    Options

@Healthymumlife Since it's been so hot here, I've been walking very early once I get to work... and yesterday I got caught in the (light) rain.. (and I must add that per Murphy's Law, the rain is going to begin when you are farthest away from your jobsite!) ;) sooooo I took off JOGGING back to work. It was only a 5 minute jog - but I was very pleased that I could jog for 5 whole minutes without dying! :lol: [/quote]

Well done! I don't think I could jog for 5 minutes at the moment lol
    I wish it was hot here ... We've only got a couple of weeks to spring .. can't wait!!! Feels like we have had a lot of rain this winter :(
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    yes x 3!!!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    AUGUST 11

Exercised: Yes - yoga
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    My loss of innocence was finding out the serving size of ice cream! Half a cup? Who eats half a cup? I used to eat that much just scooping it out! Now I just buy the individual mini cups because I still have no control with an ice cream scoop!

Exercise:✅
    Tracked:✅
    Under:✅

@clutterqueen just catching up on posts. I tots feel you with ice cream its sooo high in calories right!!! I keep a tub in the freezer for hubby but buy myself individual ice cream sandwiches as it only has 127 calories.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Jana_2020 just catching up on posts. Such will power good 4 u!! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    I’m not sure that I would call it a loss of innocence since I was raised to eat everything that was put in front of me and waste nothing. That led to a habit of overeating.
    Today, I am 36 lbs less than my highest weight.
    Last week I was at a family reunion with an infinite amount of comfort food. Nonetheless, I am one pound less this week.
    Today was a 3 yes day.

@RangerRickL just catching up on posts. Still a pound less despite all that food. Yayyy to you!!! I totally get wat u mean about wasting food it def requires a shift in mindset! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Pass day for me. It was my husband's birthday. I did not eat anything over the top but I did indulge a little and did not track. And I did get in a good amount of exercise.

I have been enjoying reading everyone's comments and their particular experiences. Thank you for sharing.
    Serving size too is a definite surprise in life for me too. I too have had that experience with the 1/2 cup ice cream. :D

@RangerRickL's comment on being raised to eat everything makes me think of my 2 year old granddaughter. Her parents approach is very different from anything I have ever learned and I appreciate what I learn from watching them as parents. First of all, she as been self feeding from a young age which was quite different for me. They give her incredibly healthy food options. I often look at her meal and think I should be eating what she is eating. But they are both very careful not to force food on her because they feel this is a message too many of us get in that we need to clear our plate etc. They want her to learn to eat when she is hungry and quit when she is full. What a concept, says me, who is still struggling with this!!! :)

@znaoiec sounds like they are doing a fab job! Good 4 them!! I also try to do the same with my lil buba prepping health meals and giving minimal snacks but i must admit i am guilty of feeling him too much wen we are out on playdates i think its more of a nervous thing to deter him from hving a tantrum. Plus being of European/Maltese background feeding him and others around him like other kids is something very much a part of our culture. Everthing is all about food lol and lots of it!! Lol! Wen i go on a playdate i take enough food to feed an army for a week lol so ur post has made me realise I will hve to work on this. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Healthymumlife Since it's been so hot here, I've been walking very early once I get to work... and yesterday I got caught in the (light) rain.. (and I must add that per Murphy's Law, the rain is going to begin when you are farthest away from your jobsite!) ;) sooooo I took off JOGGING back to work. It was only a 5 minute jog - but I was very pleased that I could jog for 5 whole minutes without dying! :lol:

Well done! I don't think I could jog for 5 minutes at the moment lol
    I wish it was hot here ... We've only got a couple of weeks to spring .. can't wait!!! Feels like we have had a lot of rain this winter :( [/quote]

Thats awesome regarding the jog and yep cant wait till spring!!! Xox
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Loss of innocence or gaining awareness? 🤔

That said, I do share everyone's lament about ice cream lol

FWIW, Tim Hortons managed to lure me in with their plain old fashioned donut. It goes magnificently with a proper coffee (ahem, not Tim Horton's coffee lol). So I'll occasionally walk/run out, grab one and have half.

Here's my next late entry...

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout, Dips (39) TOTAL: 39
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 242
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? YES | 40%
    Pass Days Used: (AUG06)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3