Weight No More - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Thanks for your reply! I know I just need to be patient, but it is just so frustrating. I'm taking a rest day today to do some gentle yoga and a light walk with my pup, who is thankfully gassed from a full 10 hours at doggie daycare yesterday.

I've planned healthy meals for the week, lots of fruits and veggies and lean fish/shellfish. Just need to keep on keeping on and not let it get to me. It's just reallllly hard when that number doesn't move or starts going back up when you KNOW you're doing all the right things.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    August Week One
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.8 (July 29th)
    CW (Current Weight): 211.4 (August 5th)
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @seltzer_lover I totally understand your frustration with not seeing results on the scale. When I started losing weight my drops were pretty consistent. At about the 40 lb mark I became one of those stalls and whooshes people and my stalls just keep getting longer (the whooshes are usually steeper). I just try to focus on meeting my eating and exercise goals. This group and the community message boards really help to stay focused.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    PW was July 29th
    CW is Aug 5th
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    @seltzer_lover I totally understand your frustration with not seeing results on the scale. When I started losing weight my drops were pretty consistent. At about the 40 lb mark I became one of those stalls and whooshes people and my stalls just keep getting longer (the whooshes are usually steeper). I just try to focus on meeting my eating and exercise goals. This group and the community message boards really help to stay focused.

Good to know. The last time i got serious about loosing weight I lost 40 lbs and then nothing for weeks. Holidays came and i caved. Over time I regressed to roughly my starting weight. I will likely need help making it through that this year. Looking forward to getting to my weight and staying there.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    dbrinkmeyer
    CW 185
    steps 51219
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    PW 160.0
    CW 160.0

No change and I’m happy with that. Had family in from out of town so more food and less exercise than usual. Still looking forward to seeing the scale hit the 150s. I’m hoping this is the week!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    IDebraK
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148.4

I have no idea where else I posted this, but it's somewhere. LOL
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    August introduction;

Sorry I’m late lol. Welcome to all of our new members.

My weight loss story. I’ve lost 95 lbs so far. I have a goal of 100. I’ve been struggling to reach that. I seem to lose a few gain it back over the last 6 months.
    I lost 45 ish pounds before joining the this group and 50ish since.

At my heaviest I was 268.6. At that time I didn’t really let people take my picture but I saw one of myself and I didn’t recognize myself. So I cut out all sugar. Fast forward a year and a half and 45ish pounds lost. I decided to set a good example for my teenage daughter and eat healthy. She’s not heavy, she has some minor medical issues in which the doctors said we can give you meds or you can change the way you eat. So I changed the way I ate, she said give me the meds! Lmao. But it led me to this journey in my life. And I have to say I felt so much better that I have stuck with it.

I’m happy with myself at this weight but I have 2 goals; to be able to say that I’ve lost 100 pounds and to get everything out of the red on my smart scale app. And I’m almost there.

About me, I’m a single mother just the one daughter. I have a day shift job and we are very active in sports right now. There isn’t always time to make good choices, as much as I try. I’m also hit and miss at the gym right now. I will get back to a routine in November! 😂. My life is busy and chaotic but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.8
    Current weight: 137.6
    Steps: 56,594
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday
    Pw: 144 lbs.
    CW: 142 lbs.
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi again

I want to correct my information

51 man Canada

MFP USER NAME: Stud47
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday Sunday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 188.50 lbs
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT 190 lbs, last sunday when i started the challenge it was 188.5. 190 was few days before i joined this challenge.

Additional information: I do alternate day fasting

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 178.0
    CW172.0
    6 lb loss

Steps this week 81286

This is a new low for me. Hopefully I can continue this time and my weight doesn’t jump back up. 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t been doing anything different except For eating pickles to try to keep the leg cramps in check.
    I’m back in the gym when I can be. I went yesterday and will go again Sunday.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,308 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 178.0
    CW172.0
    6 lb loss

Steps this week 81286

This is a new low for me. Hopefully I can continue this time and my weight doesn’t jump back up. 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t been doing anything different except For eating pickles to try to keep the leg cramps in check.
    I’m back in the gym when I can be. I went yesterday and will go again Sunday.

Holy cannoli, Batman! That is a big drop! Congrats!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 175.4
    Cw-174.2
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    melaniedscott
    Sat Weigh-in

This has been such a week. I'd say I'm glad it's over but I'm pretty sure it will start back up on Monday.

This is my sentiment about returning to work as a high school science teacher in a rural county school. It was a very rough week for me, and “ I'd say I'm glad it's over but I'm pretty sure it will start back up on Monday.”😟😔🙁😫😩
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    ha110w33nsp00k
    Saturday
    PW: 176.6 (7-31-21)
    CW: 175.8 (8-7-21)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Pw 186.2
    Cw 187.2