Weight No More - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    edited August 2021
    I will need to postpone my weigh-in until tomorrow, or maybe even Friday (definitely Friday, because oh boy). I pulled a muscle in my back (just from sleeping on it weird and getting up suddenly, not from working out) and it's difficult to stand up straight for long enough to get an actual steady value.

rachelrjh wrote: »
    Thank you for taking on the community role as Moderator @minstrelofsarcasm !!

You do a great job as our Co-captain so I know you will be a great moderator!

As for me and my weight…I’ve gained three pounds since Friday…I’ve been going out to eat and eating sugar desserts everyday. I plan to get back on track today, but I was wondering if I should take the week off from weighing in to keep from sabotaging the rest of the team efforts?

Ashley usually does the math around here...but to gain 3 lbs, you'd have to have eaten >10,000 extra calories. I have my doubts...unless every meal was eaten at Cheesecake Factory or Macaroni Grill? Maybe 1 lb...the rest is likely water 'cuz restaurant food is usually really high is salt.

As for being excused....that is up to you. I'm a big fan of authenticity, so if you don't, it still represents who we are this week and it will be different next week.

@rachelrjh

@melaniedscott is absolutely right. There's no way you could possibly have gained three pounds in such a short period of time unless you're literally shoving food down your gullet without pause without getting sick.

That being said, drink plenty of water and be sure to consume some electrolytes to balance your body back out. All that salt and sugar is likely going to cause quite a bit of electrolyte consumption, and it's better to get ahead of it before your body has to function at an electrolyte deficit.

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 160,9
    CW (Current Weight): 163.0

Steps:
    Sun: 2.674
    Mon: 4.995
    Tue: 3.334
    Wed: 60.774
    Thur: 5.314
    Fri: 3.116
    Sat: 6.018
    Total: 86.225

Okay, so to start with - the stepping on Wednesday is not a typo, I walked for charity and the intention was to do two consecutive days of 50k, but after one day I was so sore and I had blood filled blisters, so I decided to follow by bike. Hubby did both however - the full 100k, so proud of him !
    My weight creeping up despite all that action has deflated me a bit. I didn't log for the past two days as I hoovered every morsel in sight and this morning I was seriously debating to take a break from it all. On Friday, I will be leaving for a two week holiday and I really would like to leave the scales at home. Coming back to the group and writing it all down helps to get motivated again. I really hope I can get to the mindset to drink a large glass of water and wait for munchies to cool down - looking at you Minstrel ! So yes, I'm struggling here...

I just wanted to say that those 2 pounds are gone again, it definitely was water weight in the sore muscles. :blush:
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Love seeing all these great posts!

@minstrelofsarcasm - thanks for being such a great team lead for us! I'm sorry you pulled your back and hope it heals quickly with some rest and care.

@Antiopelle - those pesky muscles! Glad it's dropped back off.

I had a rough day yesterday - had a migraine and needed to take it very easy. Was able to get in a very gentle yoga session in the evening once I started to feel significantly better. Went to a HIIT group class this AM and focused on just moving my body. Left feeling much better than I did when I went in. :smile:
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 3
    pw: 161.3
    cw: 162

Yesterday I was 161.1, didn't eat a lot so who knows what this is about. I had a CT scan with prednisone prep the night before, maybe I should blame it on that! I seethe doctor today and will give an update later.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 187.4
    Cw 187.8
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    CT scan was good again, lymph nodes are a little smaller, tumor has not changed - she still thinks it has died off. I will have a PET scan soon to verify that and go from there. I again asked why the Keytruda is continued for two years even after the tumor is dead or gone and was told it takes that long to train the immune system to keep going after the cancer if it comes back. So eleven more months and I will be done with that! Then only scans to monitor.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Gmcgovern41
    Aug week 3
    PW: 250.2 lbs
    CW: 249.4 lbs
    Loss: .8 lbs
    LTD: 11.2 Lbs

Not too bad considering all the swings up and down. This loss does include eating some exercise calories. Now I'm hacking my metabolism with Lumen. Lumen suggests very low carb diet. We will see how that goes.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Activity
    16.5 miles running
    4.6 miles walking

71684 steps
    10240 steps average
    Thur 8400
    Wed 9820
    Tue 9205
    Mon11872
    Sun 13035
    Sat 15361
    Fri 4300

Great week for activity.

• dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    @pacsnc6 congrats on the scan!
    @minstrelofsarcasm I hope you are better soon

I'm thinking I should move my weigh in day to Friday
    PW 185
    CW 187
    Steps 30,400

I too have been making bad food choices after a week of traveling for work. We're also struggling with our workouts. I was getting 2 a day (though small) while the sun was coming up early. Now that the mornings have cooled off and the sun is rising later, I'm having trouble getting into a rhythm with my work.

As the owner, I can set whatever schedule I want, but that would be inconsistent with what I've asked my staff to do. So leadership principles are driving me to be available and set a good example. Besides the fact that I am still working 70+ hours a week for the last two weeks.

I'm still weight training 2-3 times per week with the goal of achieving my first unassisted pull up by the end of the year. I've been moving the pin up on the assistance since I started at the first of the year from 120 lbs of assistance to now 80 lbs. I will move it to 70 in 10 days. I can feel my back getting stronger, but this is just not going to work quickly enough if I don't get rid of the fat in my middle section.

I'm thrilled to report that I've been able to work cardio dance into my schedule now 3 times a week. My gym offers classes that are not a convenient time, but I'm making it happen anyway.

I really need to get it together on my evening habits. This is where everything falls apart and I eat m&ms and chips again all week. I am so sorry to my team. I can do better than this.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    oh and @gmcgovern41 congrats!!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday
    PW: 141
    Cw: 143

Sorry team weight no more. The stress of teaching is catching up to me and it shows on the scale.
    I’ll comment more later. Have a good day.

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member

As the owner, I can set whatever schedule I want, but that would be inconsistent with what I've asked my staff to do. So leadership principles are driving me to be available and set a good example. Besides the fact that I am still working 70+ hours a week for the last two weeks.
    Is self-care a good example or a bad example?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Three

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 172.6 (August 11th)
    CW (Current Weight): 174 (August 20th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 60 lbs

Am I still injured? It doesn't feel like it.
    But do I clearly still have the water retention from it? Absolutely.

It's frustrating to see my weight back in the mid 170s, but knowing where the excess comes from is helping me immensely.

On top of that, a new challenge started at the functional training gym where I do most of my strength training. The challenge requires doing an InBody scan three times: once at the beginning of the challenge, a second time in the middle, and a third at the end. My first scan was Tuesday morning, and while my weight was much higher than I would have liked, it revealed that I had only gained a pound of fat since my last scan, as compared to the two pounds of muscle I put on, and the two pounds of additional water my body was holding onto.

So, I'm okay. Numbers and I have a love/hate relationship right now, but I'm healthy and feeling strong, and my butt looks incredible, so I can't complain too much.
    in_case_you_forgot_to_tn.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm

I'm thinking I should move my weigh in day to Friday

Are you still thinking, or do you want me to update your weigh day?

rachelrjh wrote: »
    Sorry team weight no more. The stress of teaching is catching up to me and it shows on the scale.
    I’ll comment more later. Have a good day.

Do what you gotta do to take care of you. We're here if you need us. Sending you love and support.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 173.2
    Cw- 171

Down 7 pounds in 4 weeks. I'd say I did really great. I just need to keep going so I can be back to where I was. About 10 more pounds to go!
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday Weigh-in
    PW: 159.2
    CW: 156.8

Posting a few days late…because this week has been so busy! Work is crazy. But it’s also been so busy that I haven’t had time to snack and I’ve been at work so early that I’m going to bed before I even have time for my night snacking. Seems to be working for weight loss!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Again, I will apologize for the late weigh in. It has been another crazy week. With the new baby in the family and the first grandbaby's second birthday on Monday, I am losing my mind! (But in a good way). My daughter in law has a revised due date on grandbaby number 4. Grandbaby #2 will be 1 in October, so expect the craziness to continue. I am weighing. I just don't always remember to come here to post. I'm on vacation this week, so I should be "normal". LOL

Weigh in day: Thursday - missed that mark
    PW: 147.8
    CW: 147.4
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:3
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:182.6
    Current weight:183.1
    +.5
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Again, I will apologize for the late weigh in. It has been another crazy week. With the new baby in the family and the first grandbaby's second birthday on Monday, I am losing my mind! (But in a good way). My daughter in law has a revised due date on grandbaby number 4. Grandbaby #2 will be 1 in October, so expect the craziness to continue. I am weighing. I just don't always remember to come here to post. I'm on vacation this week, so I should be "normal". LOL

Weigh in day: Thursday - missed that mark
    PW: 147.8
    CW: 147.4

You are at a great weight and year in life. I’m happy for you!!

• ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    In the midst of moving this weekend. No weigh-in for me. Sorry.😔
This discussion has been closed.