TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi team!! Happy August! Please take a moment to say hi and share what you're working on this month!
    I'm Megan, your captain. I've been in maintenance for about 20 years after losing 50+pounds. My happy weight is 140ish, I'm a about 2 lbs over that right now.
    My.goal this month is stay around 75g of net carbs a day most days...more protein and veg, less chips!
    I'll be checking in nightly please join me!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Tracking: not perfect...
    Calories...maybe?
    Exercise: yep
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,480 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting back into the swing of things after having had surgery.
    Today, I swam for the first time in over a month. I had been swimming 1800-2000 yards, sometimes more than once per day. Today I swam only 100 yards, but it's a start.
    I've gained ~6 pounds, so my goal this month is to try to get down close to 230 (the goal I set for myself in July of last year).
    (I'll continue to weigh in on Friday, but isn't it fun that August starts and ends on Sunday?)
  • Aseeral
    Aseeral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to this challenge. My name is Lareesa. I have always struggled with my weight. Sometimes I have been able to lose weight, but it is definitely easier to gain weight. I found out recently that I am Prediabetic and my doctor sent me to a class at the hospital to learn about preventions I can do now to try to avoid Diabetes. I am trying a Program called Clean and Simple Eats that focuses on balancing macros, I’ve been making recipes from their app and so far I am loving the recipes and I feel better. My husband is loving the recipes and my picky teenager will even eat some of it. I hope that by changing our eating together as a family it will help all of us. I have been pretty sedentary, so I hope to start finding ways to incorporate more exercise into my day. I’m excited to participate in this August challenge and work on making changes to my lifestyle that I can maintain instead of just going on a diet.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the new teammates. My name is Cindy I am 64 years old. About 4 years ago I lost 30 pounds with the help of MFP and the challenges available. Then I had foot problems and other health issues and I allowed that 30 pounds AND 20 more to pack on me. Thanks to MFP and swimming 3-4 days per week, I am back to my 2016 starting weight. Today I am at 208.6. My goal for August in ONDERLAND - 199.9 or better!
    My motivation is to feel my absolute best!
    August is for Gutbusters!🏊‍♀️💃🚴‍♀️💪
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hi, a am a returning member to the Gutbusters... I have given myself a few breaks here and there, due to time elements, mostly work related. Each time I see my weight creeping back up, ugh! I am back again, trying to keep my physical and mental self a priority.

Honestly, if I don't take care of myself, everything else tends to be more of a struggle. I find that getting my walks in, eating well, and taking sometime for myself, creates a much happier me! This helps me tackle work and other issues that come up.

I am starting at 166.2 and working towards losing a few pounds each month. Some of my daily goals are:

Journal all food, drinks & exercise
    Walk everyday... aiming for at least 30 mins & 8-10,000 steps
    Stay within my calorie goal that MFP calculates
    Limit alcohol

Thank you @Keepingtrack1234 for keeping us going!

Good Luck Everyone!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Sun, Aug 1

Journal - done
    Walk - done!!! (121 mins, 14,017 steps) this never happens!
    Calories - done (the walking really helped with this)
    Alcohol - done AF (alcohol free day)

Day one done, only 30 more to go!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Monday
    Exercise yep...10k steps, hit workout and I played in the pool.
    Calories under, higher carbs than I wanted but certainly lower than I'd been eating.
    I NEEDES the yasso bar!! (TOM!)
    Pretty well tracked !
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Sun, Aug 1

Journal - done
    Walk - done!!! (121 mins, 14,017 steps) this never happens!
    Calories - done (the walking really helped with this)
    Alcohol - done AF (alcohol free day)

Day one done, only 30 more to go!

Impressive walk! Way to go!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Mon, Aug 2

Journal - done
    Walk - done (84 mins, 14k+ steps)
    Calories - done, under
    Alcohol - done AF

Day one done, only 29 more to go!

How are you all doing?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Monday
    Exercise yep...10k steps, hit workout and I played in the pool.
    Calories under, higher carbs than I wanted but certainly lower than I'd been eating.
    I NEEDES the yasso bar!! (TOM!)
    Pretty well tracked !
    It took me a minute to decrypt that sentence, being unfamiliar with Yasso! :smile:
    Those Yasso Bars look delicious, especially the black raspberry chip (but they all look good!). I've been enjoying OutShine fruit bars this summer, as an alternative to my usual Haagen Dazs ice cream -- fewer calories and less fat, but still satisfying. My favorites are Watermelon, Pomegranite and Chocolate.
    I just looked up a local grocery store that carries Yasso so I can try some.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Yum... Yasso!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Tuesday...I started my period today so all bets off.
    Exercise yes 12k steps
    Food tracked and technically inder but I try to stay below 1600 and I'm not.
    Carbs DEFINITELY not under. I ate cereal for lunch. (See disclaimer above haha!)
    Cheers to tomorrow.
  • Aseeral
    Options
    Tuesday Aug 3rd

Exercise - yes but just a short walk as I’m easing back into exercise
    Food Tracked - yes
    Calories - yes

Carbs a little high and protein a little under but much better than I used to do.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I won’t be giving up my calorie burning swimming, but I’m hoping to work these flexibility workouts into my schedule 4-5 days per week. https://youtu.be/FbWgGgRLp94
  • Aseeral
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Weigh in for August week 1

PW:249.5
    CW: 247.5
    Wednesdays

2 pounds down!!!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @Aseeral Great Loss!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Mon, Aug 3

Journal - done
    Walk - done (98 mins, 14k+ steps)
    Calories - done, under
    Alcohol - done AF

Day one done, only 28 more to go!

I have been walking WAY more than I usually do the past few days, this is only because my DH has been on a work trip, and so besides my morning walk before work, I have been taking another nice one after work... keeps me busy, so I am not just sitting around munching! He comes back home late tomorrow... so then it will be back to my usual. I am enjoying it while it lasts! I would have thought that I would be seeing some downward movement on the scale, but nothing so far... patients!!! ;)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Wednesday check in!
    Calories tracked and under...I'm actually really hungry but I already brushed my teeth...
    Exercise 11k steps and leg day lifting.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234 , good idea to brush the teeth, telling your mouth no more for the night. I might try this!

Wed, Aug 4
    Journal - done
    Walk - done (73 mins, 12k+ steps)
    Calories - under
    Alcohol - AF

Trying to keep my sugar cravings under control, had one small Sambazon Frozen Superfruit Acai Bites (50 cal) + 10 gummy bears last night... I wasn't hungry, just craving something. Could have been much worse, other times it would have been a couple of large handfuls of gummy bears, not counting and not journaled!